Plugins in Uniform ("UFX")

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Max M., Jan 24, 2003.

1. dan_the_man

dan_the_man New Member

out of ufx.

damn. i cant get the ufx.33. already searching with emule. dont understand all the russian words but maybe im from wrong country. Max dont stop working on it! I hope it will be included in 3534. Greetz.

2. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

>i cant get the ufx.33
    read out download tips earlier in this thread - do not double-click on the link - use "save target as..." instead.

>! I hope it will be included in 3534

It won't be included in the main driver package (at least for near future)

3. dan_the_man

dan_the_man New Member

thanx 4 that hint! so many posts in that thread - i must have missed one :) Now I am downloading - very slow and dont know why - but downloading.

4. dan_the_man

dan_the_man New Member

need more uniforms!!!

after looking here and there I say: This should be the new standard! Only one fly in the soup: the 1-10-100 switches in the EQ-P5 look a little flat :(

5. fensoft

fensoft New Member

dont think he's flat but i think that theses new 'uniform' must be the new standarts for kX...

6. Max M.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2003
  7. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

Download link not working

Hello Max M. I've been periodicaly trying to download the latest dsp package and the link does not appear to work. I can get to the site that contains the download, however I am unable to actually download the file. Thanks in advanced for any response.

8. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Re: Download link not working

Try copying the link to your browser adress bar.

9. Soeren_B

Soeren_B kX Project DSP Engineer

Hmm. I can download with no problems. When I click the link I get a page with a lot of stuff in Russian. On the middle of the screen the link is shown (again) in plain western characters. Click that link and the downlaod starts. :w00t:

/SB

10. NightBreed

NightBreed New Member

Thanks All

Thanks for the response, I was able to download it after all.

11. RIV@NVX

Max, I am not sure if you noticed, but "Peak" was updated in 3534f compared to previous versions.

Can you update PeakX to have same "features"?

12. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Hi Max!

Thank you for the nice FX! Great work and an interesting look. Two questions (or suggestions) about the PeakX: is it possible to improve the contrast between active LEDs and the background? And is there a way to show individual names (if I renamed one in the DSP) like the Peak-FX?

Best regards!

TravelRec.

13. Max M.

Thanks, guys, for feedback and suggestions...

Riva

I'll check out what can be done with PeakX as soon as i can get my cards back (yep, unfortunally i have no kx-compatible card in my pc at this moment) - or will comment it (one way or another) if i can't make some features ... thanks...

TravelRec.

contrast - I'll take a look into that (black back?)...
    And btw.. about Title... make sure that you use short names for peaks...
    As you can see there are only 4-5 characters visible at PeakX title bar (so if you name it as "Peak FX" only "Peak" again is shown...) try to use shorter titles like "P1", P2" etc for example... (does it make sense to waste important screen space just for longer names?)
    PeakX should reflect name changes of kX DSP - if it does not then it is a bug (again, i can't check it right now...)

thanks again...

14. TravelRec.

Hi Max!

Thanx for your reply! Black back would be fine I think (I like this colour anyway, but other users not? :rolleyes: ), but it must not be. A piece darker maybe - relative to the other look around. The thing with the names I will try out next, comments will follow.

Best regards!

TravelRec. :)

15. TravelRec.

Hi Max!

Tested the PeakX with different short names: no reflection of them. Everytime the plugin shows "PeakX" in the name line, no matter what I typed.

Anyway, good work with EQ and PAREQ5!

With best regards!

TravelRec. :lol:

16. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

WOW cool I want try where did this thread come from lol I miss it :( I try out hehehel

17. surealsurrender

surealsurrender New Member

surrounder gets noisy

First I want to say thanks to everyone involved with kx project. Outstanding work and I consider myself lucky to have access to thier power... I am of course including all the people who spend thier own time on fx and skins for all our benefit, Great work!

Anyway real reason for the post is to see if anyone else has noticed a funny behaviour from the surrounder effect when used in 2.1 Speaker Mode and "Use Sub/LFE Channel" is engaged "surround mode" is off "bass redirection" is on... Now if I watch my peak meter (peak is monitoring the front left and right) as I move the "split frequency (hz)" slider from right to left... My noise floor starts at -104dB when the split frequency is @ 310hz, but as I move the slider to the left the noise floor rises in the peak meter until at a split frequency of 10hz the noise floor is at -59dB. At first I thought maybe the noise is just there but when the split frequency is set high enough that noise is send to the sub, but if I just turn off "use sub/lfe channel" the noise floor drops back down to -104dB. Out of curiousity I added a peak meter at stereo_l and stereo_r out of xrouting and the peak meters read exactly the same as they do after the surrounder with sub/lfe channel off, but with it on it seems that at about 180hz on split frequency surrounder starts to introduce noise in the front stereo pair.

Maybe someone else has noticed this? Or maybe its just my system...

Kx Version: 5, 10, 00, 3534 - debug
    uniform plugins ver 34
    Audigy(sb0090) w/livedrive2
    AthlonXP 1900
    512 MB ram
    WinXP

Thanks

Sur

18. Max M.

(ok, i'm back)

surealsurrender

yes, such misbehaviour is present. but it is not the noise - it's dc-offset actually... (although that -104dB noise you get when redirection is off (or at higher freqs) is noise from reverb...) As for dc-offset produced by bass-redirection scheme of surrounder then it's actually a problem of never enough precision for ultra low freqencies filtering (and this dc-offset is an issue of all (low-pass) filters available for kx today...)
    There're technics for reducing this weird effect but it requires some additional dsp resources (for example, EQP5 contains some mehanism to reduce dc-offset when very low frequencies are affected - but you still can drive this eq into visible dc-offset if set three or more low frequency filter bands)...
    So finally, since card's output stages (adcs and amps) successfully filter any dc away - probably it's not an ... idea to put "dc-fix" scheme into surrounder...

TravelRec.

Yep, i've checked this... Well, it's not an ufx issue but kxmixer's one (E., shouldn't iKXPlugin.name be updated immidiately when renaming from kX DSP? ah, anyway, "rename" event should be added for this) - e.g. neither ufx nor native plugins reflect name changes untill mixer and/or its settings are reloaded...
    Well, this will be fixed. (i've already put some kludge into new package version which will be available as soon as i'll finish some new plugin)...

Riva

>Can you update PeakX to have same "features"?
    btw. do you mean vertical/horisontal switch?

19. RIV@NVX

No, I mean the numbers.
    3534f introduced two pairs of numbers: ones are current, other are the highest (and they can be reset).
    I am not sure that PeakX has the "current" numbers and reset button (or I have missed something)?

But I must admit that I wouldn't have anything against an option to switch vertical/horizontal ;)

20. Max M.

>3534f introduced two pairs of numbers: ones are current, other are the highest (and they can be reset).

i see.. then the answer for "current peak number" is "No" (sorry, you see current level by looking at leds of meter itself but exact current numbers actually have no phisical meaning in peak-meter. - my position is to not put questionable feature there just because it's easy to implement)

"reset" - well, you reset maximum peak lables in peakx just by clicking on labels itself (just like it's done for 99% of other peak meters - no need for reset button)

vertical/horisontal - maybe later...

ooh, what a cold answer, sorry ;)