POLL: Will you buy X800?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Rasta Monsta, May 6, 2004.

?

Under what circumstances will you pull the trigger on an X800?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2004.
  1. I will buy a "Platinum" model as soon as they are available (I have to have the best NOW)

    39 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. I will buy a "Pro" model ASAP and hope for soft modding to open the additional 4 pipes

    9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Not until Doom 3 or HL 2 are actually available

    10 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Not until the price drops

    63 vote(s)
    39.9%
  5. I'll wait to see what the next generation holds

    29 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. I'd rather have nVidia

    8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

    BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2003
    Messages:
    7,753
    Likes Received:
    62
    Trophy Points:
    58
    i think my 9700 pro will hold me over safely for another year, as long as i run it at 1024 later this yr with anisotropic filtering maybe some fsaa sometimes.

    next year i may get a whole new system all together again
     
  2. dogin

    dogin New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2002
    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    driver 7 , the R425 should be here next month and is ATI's PCI express version. Looks like the Nvidia 6800 will play on both APG/PCX.
     
  3. Rasta Monsta

    Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2002
    Messages:
    1,574
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Didn't I read somwhere that the 6800 lacks native PCIx support, but would run some sort of onboard bridge to make it compatible?

    rasta
     
  4. Judas

    Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

    Joined:
    May 13, 2002
    Messages:
    39,862
    Likes Received:
    1,783
    Trophy Points:
    138
    that is true rasta
     
  5. Driver 7

    Driver 7 Discombobulated NVidiot

    Joined:
    May 22, 2003
    Messages:
    1,022
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    48
    I will have to try and get this system back when I can get access to whatever works on PCI Express. Maby I'll try doing a review.I not the best with words though.
     
  6. The_Neon_Cowboy

    The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2002
    Messages:
    16,076
    Likes Received:
    28
    Trophy Points:
    73
    it was even mentioned on ati's website at one time...


    nv uses a specail bridge that will add latency but! allows them to save money and use their nex pci-e 20x slot they came out with and the board with thier added nvidia card specfic "optimzations"
     
  7. Danhill

    Danhill New Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2003
    Messages:
    4,112
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I'am going to wait until this fall or maybe next year before I upgrade my video card mainly because I want support for PS.3.0 and VS 3.0. I must upgrade my cpu this fall to a prescot, hopefully they reached 3,6-3,8 ghz for a good price.
     
    Last edited: May 6, 2004
  8. tornado=[GSW]=

    tornado=[GSW]= Compulsive HW Monger

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2003
    Messages:
    144
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    maybe till the price drops but right now I am still savoring my 9800 pro. I guess PCIx is gonna be the next big thing and it will be interesting to see where the x800 stands then...my 2 cents
     
    Last edited: May 6, 2004
  9. IamLakota

    IamLakota New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2003
    Messages:
    552
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Me I'm gonna wait till the prices drop like maybe next spring of fall. I want to see if and when the BTX form factor starts and will probly wait and upgrade with a PCI express card.Besides I have big plans on some upgrades for my bike first.
     
  10. BWX

    BWX get out and ride

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2002
    Messages:
    19,684
    Likes Received:
    63
    Trophy Points:
    73
    Even if I had the money to blow on it, I wouldn't buy it until the price came down. As it is, my next card will probably be a 9800XT when the price comes down on those even more- Or maybe by that time there will be a 12 pipe, or 16pipe, but slower clocked mid-level version of the X800XT that is a little faster than the 9800XT but less expensive. That would be a good deal, and is probably my next upgrade. It depends on what happens with the generation...

    I voted not until the price comes down, because eventually I probably will have an X800XT- it just might be a long time from now- like after my next card.
     
  11. dj_stick

    dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2003
    Messages:
    17,575
    Likes Received:
    204
    Trophy Points:
    88
    too poor to buy it, plus i'm not really a gamer
     
  12. germanjulian

    germanjulian Back in London

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2003
    Messages:
    1,797
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    i gonna wait... wait till end of next year. new mobo processor pci ex graphics ram and a new fast hd. why waste money on AGP card when next year everything will be pci express.
     
  13. Erroneus

    Erroneus Get off my lawn!

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2002
    Messages:
    13,727
    Likes Received:
    101
    Trophy Points:
    103
    I'm gonna wait 2 moths, at that time card with silent coolers has been released and the prices has dropped to about 399$ for a XT card, which is about 3300 kr (530$) in Denmark.

    Damn i hate hardware prices in this shitty country :)
     
  14. tastyweat

    tastyweat Lurking

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2003
    Messages:
    4,924
    Likes Received:
    116
    Trophy Points:
    73
    I'm gonna get a platinum x800xt as soon as it is availble.... still saving up for it
     
  15. hjs

    hjs New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2002
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    i have a R9800 for a couple of months know, a X800 is to soon.
     
  16. DZuser

    DZuser New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2003
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Will definately be looking to purchase a X800XT-PE, but will probably hold out for the PCI-Express version. Fingers crossed this is out sometime in June, along with the new Intel chipsets/Motherboards.
     
  17. krazy1

    krazy1 Live from the Dungeon

    Joined:
    May 13, 2003
    Messages:
    1,395
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    When the price gets into the "reality" range I will buy it!!;) ($200 - $300)
     
  18. RCAS

    RCAS New Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2004
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I will only buy a ATI card again after they invest some time and effort in the Linux Driver.

    ATI Linux Support SUCKS.

    NVidia is the best in Linux Drivers.
     
  19. WisMerHill

    WisMerHill New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    buying the x800xt pe, somene has too and i'm that one :D

    hoping for the pci-x version together with a AMD64 3800+ and a NForce3 250GB mobo (s939).
    that's actually precisly what i already have, just the newer versions :)

    it's time they released it all, been waiting a while now
     
  20. dipstick

    dipstick New Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2002
    Messages:
    3,609
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Me and my bro have been throwing $100 a week in a shoe box for some time now just for this card. There will be two coming my way upon shipment:D
     

Share This Page

visited