Possible to do?

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by geraldandreas, Jun 18, 2011.

1. geraldandreas

geraldandreas KX-Driver Lover

i try to get ultrasonic sound to hearable sound, so is it possible to create a plugin as frequence-divisor /10
    thanks for answers

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

The DSP is locked at a sample rate of 48000, which makes the maximum frequency that it can reproduce, half of that (24000). Since most of the ultrasonic range is above that, it cannot even be processed by the DSP.

Aside from the above, (AFAIK) doing frequency division for any arbitrary signal in real time (working with a fixed sample rate) is not so easy...

3. geraldandreas

geraldandreas KX-Driver Lover

AW: Possible to do?

Thanks for the Answere!!!

4. stylus02

stylus02 New Member

an audigy 2 zs can record 24bit/ 96 khz and playback 24 bit/192 khz. if you have such wavesamples you can use a sample editor to perform samplerate conversion/ transpose. converting bat noises in realtime is sadly not possible. :D

5. stylus02

stylus02 New Member

btw: long time ago a friend of mine and me had an idea for copyprotection in audio files with ultrasonic signals. data reduction algorithms like mp3 & co. cut out unhearable high frequencies. a piece of music with ultrasonic signals and a player which detects them had been an effective protection. today we can copy dvd's or blueray's. analog playback & sample is also possible. so this idea had made sense only with a revolution in hardware player technologies.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011