Post your computer place!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by morx, Aug 13, 2005.

1. RE IV - Frankie

RE IV - Frankie New Member

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Completed the move of my PC to the updated case....

PCmk2.jpg PC2020.jpg

Needs a bit more cable management to clean up the look but I had one of those days when building the thing and just wanted to get it up and running. I sleeved the front cables and put some heatshrink on the ends - overdid it a bit and deformed the connectors for the Power LED + & - connectors. I have a g-Connector that supposedly makes pluggin these in easier but ended up flattening the pins for the power switch. Needed to dismantle to carefully straighten the pins - thankfully I managed to do that and used the g-Connector to stabillise the pins when plugging the connectors in. The heatshrink makes the cables a lot stiffer so it;s harder to route the cable in the case.

I'll probably put new connectors on and do the cable sleeving / wrappin again to make things neater. That's when I can face it, this rebuild took me back to the bad old days of PCs in the mid/late nineties when building a rig was a real kick in the balls. The days before Plug and Play, automatic driver downloads with obscure hardware, loose connections, IRQs :eek:

Happy now though, it's a nicer looking case - the orange matches my theme and the case has a distinct brushed aluminium look rather than the painted black steel of my original one.

Trusteft, IvanV and Calliers like this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Looking good, only thing I would change is to put the tower on the table, my table is very sturdy with thick legs and a good weight rating so my tower doesn't put much strain on it. It prevents it from getting too dusty on the inside too quick (I really hate dusting my PC with compressed air, but you gotta do what you gotta do).

As for the cable management, it looks not bad at all, @Judas did my cable management, and my PC is almost 95% empty on the inside lol.

4. Calliers

Not quite a computer place, but seeing as this is a laptop which I will move around with I guess it counts. As promised, my new laptop. Currently setting it up. It came with almost 0 bloatware, I'm impressed, MSI doesn't muck about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IvanV and Trusteft like this.
  5. Calliers

And I even have space on the table on the right side of the tower for a drink. :)

Adjusted the mousepad a bit so it's not going against the tower, and now it sits nice and flat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Dyre Straits, IvanV and Trusteft like this.