Post your computer place!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by morx, Aug 13, 2005.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

It's confirmed: Judas is a reptilian! Given away by your 180° field of vision. :D

EDIT: I guess that having that one 65" display is like having a three-display setup with three regular 21.5" monitors. Except the size and the screen surface area are more like having 9 of them in a 3x3 grid. That's without the 42" auxiliary monitor (which is only around 4 more of those 21.5" monitors).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Calliers likes this.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

precisely, I've ran up to 5x 27" 1440p displays in portrait in eyefinity with a 6th for a "secondary" display, as well as 3x 27" in landscape with a 4th.

Actually at one point i had 3x 32" 4k displays in eyefinity with a 4th 4k 28" just prior to getting downgraded to smaller tv before it was stolen.

I've actually lost width, but substantially gained height.

Depending on the game, i play games in the lower half of the screen, while in other games it's full screen, depends on the game that benefits from running in a wider ratio or not. Obviously some games don't and either break or have a negative impact.

For example i run all the older need for speed games in full screen with a controller. Where as borderlands 2, fortnite save the world, and a few other titiles i'll either run bottom half OR 2/3rds (so 3840x1080 or 3840x1600) There are a few games i actually play at 3840x720 as the ultra ultra wide aspect ratio REALLY gives you an edge.

Last time i tried, one of the age of empires games, actually properly mapped to higher resolutions instead of "zooming in"... so things remained 1:1 pixel ratio in the game which gives me 4 times more overworld view than someone with a 1080p display. This is specially handy when running using VSR for 8k resolution giving me 16 times more coverage of the map than someone with a 1080p display. Suffice it to say, being able to zoom in is nicer as an option.... since you can't zoom out, that's irritating. I'm not sure if that was patched though as i haven't played for awhile, but i can say that it's utterly fantastic to play on a large enough display that control both home and enemy zone units without having to rapidly snap back to town and rapidly trying to get back to the zone gives a huge advantage.

If i can finalize the sale on my sisters 48" 4k Samsung 6500 tv, i'll be migrating my fathers tv to my sister's, and then my 65" to my fathers place and then replace my 65" with either a 75" of a similar newer model (using miniled), or delay a little longer for maybe a 8k display of similar model (miniled)

3. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

20210121_194305.jpg 20210121_194319.jpg

Left side flight simming and right for everything else.

Trusteft, IvanV and Calliers like this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

arb65912 likes this.
  5. arb65912

It was a necessity as you see because with the flying setup it would be hard to do my regular design job so I just "split" my setup ;-)

Calliers likes this.
  6. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

@Judas Well... now I see why you've got decent eyesight :p :D.

Calliers likes this.
  7. Olivia11

Olivia11 New Member

I have a mess at my workplace. I don't know how people can work in perfect order, and most importantly how they can maintain that order. I once tried to do the same, put everything on the shelves, in drawers, and so on. But my patience was only enough for 2 days and then I was constantly nervous. So I realized that order is not mine, I love "light chaos".

Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  8. arb65912

Just a personal preference. We are all different and this is great!

Mr Cairo likes this.
  9. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite - I can't work if there's mess. I have to have things tidy and uncluttered so I can focus on what I am doing. I'd say my own space is pretty ordered but I haven't always been this way. I have always liked things to be neat but haven't always managed to keep things neat. I have learned over the last couple of years to reduce the amount of 'stuff' I have around, to clean things up after I use them and to do a little bit of maintenance daily rather than letting things get disordered over the course of days/weeks and then need to spend hours and hours to get things tidy again.

arb65912 and Trusteft like this.
  10. center_table

center_table Member

Exactly alike, I also don’t like messy space, I lose focus.

arb65912 likes this.
  11. arb65912

I like to keep things organized but as a time goes by they get a bit messy and then I re-organize. :D

Calliers likes this.