Post Your Ride !

Discussion in 'Petrol Heads Forum' started by niceguyrichy, Feb 12, 2016.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

There is only one American muscle car that has any proper styling imo. And its a Shelby cobra.

[​IMG]

Some others are ok (at best) , but in my opinion most have no style. Including the one in the video.

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

What exactly are those four front and rear "h" things for? They don't look strong enough to be for any kind of support or lifting?

3. MIG-31

They are often done just for cosmetics.

4. Dyre Straits

If you ask me, if they don't serve any other purpose, the car would look better without them. I would think that they would cause some kind of HUMMMM as the car moves down the road because they look a bit flimsy to me.

5. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

that's ironic, given that, styling wise, it's British :lol: :p

6. MIG-31

I will give it that, As it is a mixture of both or otherwise known as a Anglo-American sports car ;) But the Shelby is the American version & in the uk its a AC Cobra.

7. Dyre Straits

Interestingly, I got behind an older model Shelby on the way to a delivery last night.

8. niceguyrichy

I was just talking styling mate
    it's an AC Ace, and Carroll Shelby negotiated a deal to bring them to the States and stuff a Ford V8 into them

gorgeous cars, definitely one that's on my 'when my numbers come up...' list for sure :)

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  9. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I was looking at a Porsche..... i just can't justify the cost.... the vehicles just aren't designed for the normal road conditions so it would be murdered quickly and the cost of repair would be insane.

11. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

I disagree, they are well made for normal road conditions.

You can also warranty them until the are 15 years old and over 120k miles... so if they were to break, you wouldn't even foot the bill :p

12. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Otherwise, if you want one older than that... the only astronomically expensive thing to repair or replace is the engine.

Buy a good one and they're rather reliable... 2006 or newer and they are especially good.

13. niceguyrichy

yep, the kid's Boxster hasn't missed a beat yet :)
    couple new tyres the only thing that's needed done

14. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Mine has done really well, but then it's only 6.5 years old and about 30k miles... so I wouldn't expect much.

It was off warranty when I picked it up and required a few things doing that would have been done under warranty.

One of the two horns required replacing and the aux belt tensioner needed replacing... but the dealer I bought it from paid for that and I now have it warranted until October 2017 :)

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  15. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I got two (for twin turbo, of course).
    [​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  16. Judas

No... they are not for our normal road conditions .. and the warranty is not remotely 15 years here... and anything that does break on them here for our normal road conditions would not be covered and is not covered because they consider it vehicle abuse.

It's somewhat amusing when someone in any kind of vehicle like it is unable to travel the normal road conditions and they do their best to make due only to get hung up.

Seriously i spent an hour with them discussing the services and warranty.... and it's almost entirely pr bullshit unless you exclusively live and only intend on running such a vehicle in pristine perfect ultra smooth not a spec of dust kind of surfaces here, something that doesn't exist. So unless one can afford to fix the common things to get destroyed within a short time, most owners of such vehicles typically keep them parked and only take them out (usually via trailer) to special events in which they usually don't leave the place by it's own drive train.

Actually i know someone locally that loads up their vehicle on a trailer every summer.... pulls it out to alberta.... and then gets it off the trailer and leaves the truck and trailer at a friends farm... then drives all over alberta and british columbia with it (avoiding most of Edmonton because it's roads and streets are just about as bad as our normal roads here).

17. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Your normal roads are dirt tracks? If so, we would call them dirt tracks... hardly normal roads :p

Only a month ago it was increased to maximum of 15 years, it used to be 10 years... that's Porsche international, it's not limited to Europe. You are only expected to pay the usual service items... it is possible they have added a suspension re-gassing to the 10 year service schedule or something, I haven't looked quite that in-depth... but I don't think so.

Careless damage wouldn't be covered at all... like going to hard and fast into a pot hole and damaging a wheel.

Porsches are usable daily like any average car... with reliability better than the average car... that's one of the reasons they are quite so popular.

18. Judas

They call it careless damage.... we have few highways... what is highways (pavement) are arguably more destructive than the majority of the roads being primary or secondary gravel roads. Broken pavement that sizes ranging from stones through to something in the realms of soft balls, footballs or larger are not an uncommon occurrence. The road surface is extremely uneven.... i've watched cars scrape their oil pans and differentials due to following the path wore into the road surface, leaving a centered ridge between the wheels, this is even more unforgiving when hitting what we would call minor bumps, but to the few foreigners i've talk to here, or those from other provinces or from the state, they consider them catastrophically terrible. The only reason our posted speed limits are at 80 or 90km/h is simply due to the fact that modern cars with an unfamiliar driver would and HAVE flown full off the road and rolled or crashed into anything out there. It's not uncommon to come up on a clear urbanite or someone out of province driving down the center of the roads at 30km/h because they are having trouble.

This is common expected normal saskatchewan roads.... there are only a few of the primary highways that are kept in "decent" enough condition, and it's also another reason why that the moment anyone hits good pavement.. specially fresh stuff, that they usually exceed the posted speed limits by 20 to as much as 50km/h.

[​IMG]

But one example... and this isn't even bad..... for me to head to saskatoon right now and this is just the beginning.. i have to travel through roughly several hundred feet of this stuff about 5 times on my way.... just last night we had to idle through about 60ft of stuff so broken up that with the 1 ton dually we own that has about the highest clearance of most vehicles from factory without mods, still clipped from the debree with the front bumper. This is a primary higherway too. Sometimes if not most often it's better to take the gravel roads... which tear up the bottom of newer vehicles like they were made of tissue paper PROVIDED they too aren't riddled with incredibly deep holes and bumps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So driving a vehicle like yours.... that sit low.... how do you suppose you'll cross stuff worse than these .... specially those where the potholes drop suddenly as much as 8 inches or deeper. Or following a vehicle and having your windshield or dints put in your vehicles because a chunk was picked up and chucked at you.

[​IMG]

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  19. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Yikes... yes... roads like that are very rare over here... I thought French back roads were bad, but they are nothing compared to that.

Swiss roads are almost as smooth as a race track for the most part... Germany and UK are pretty decent too.

So yes, with roads like that... I wouldn't go near a porsche unless it was maybe a Cayenne with small alloys / fat tyres... but even then they're SUVs and not a proper 4x4... a Land Rover or Range Rover (not Sport) would be decent for that.

20. Judas

The newer landrovers ... even with the plate the runs the length of the vehicle.... had broken down because the material has gotten lodged or tore other parts of the vehicle apart by getting between the plate somehow.... again something that the dealerships claim as "abuse".... those images are mild... normal.... that are conditions in which one can leave in the morning and experience a better road than that... but 4 hours come back the same way and nearly lose their vehicle in a newly formed hole.... to which it can go nearly a year without being poorly patched... a patch that might last 2 or 3 days if you're lucky...