post your ride

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by CDsDontBurn, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Wells

Wells DH addict

wow you guys are really really fighting on this one. lOOK the corvette is THE BEST car for the money. it will out perform any STOCK car in its price range. and buddy, you don't know a damn thing about the suspension system in a vette. the suspension is so sifisticated <-- i cant spell that word. that when you lose control in the rain it takes control of the gas and brakes to bring the car back. thats because it has a gyro. im totally on bwx's side. not only are corvette's respetively fast. but your 250000 dollar lambo, cant compare to a ligenfelter vette which still comes in at under 90000, thats 800 horsepower. hell i didn't even read all your posts about laptimes. YOU CANNOT COMPARE A 50000 DOLLAR vehicle with a 250000 VEHICLE. so bwx rock on bro.

2. Wells

Wells DH addict

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Dude stop being an ass... If you read my posts, I do like the corvette because yes, in it's price range it's amazing but as I said, I'd prefer buying a slower sports car because the corvette just doesn't deliver what I need in a car.

And I compared it to a porsche Cayman (which is faster) which... OMG is 50k so READ mate before you blab on about nonsense. BWX had some really good points and I accept em gracefully :lol:

Just so you know, the Bugatti Veyron has 1001BHP and it ain't faster than some 500BHP cars. When will some of you learn that BHP and torque ain't everything in the world.

A car has got to be, espeicially if you shell out alot of money (50k)

Stylish (turn heads, look amazing and not be common + make a gorgeous noise to show off)

Brand (no footballers car... It's got to be a pure brand (for me) and all... No labeling)

Fast (0-100km should be in the 6s range but honestly, this ain't the most important)

Handle (this is IMPORTANT... I don't want to drive a soap box with leaf suspension (btw, the z06 doesn't have leaf supsension and thus, it's fast)

Ride: This is curcual. A hard ride means good cornering but means a bone breaking ride... Porsche is a perfect example of amazing cornering but perfect ride)

Interior: I don't want plastic... Look at the interior of an aston martin! Or porsche and then look at corvette.... ;)

But hey, I like the corvette to a certain degree. But I'd never buy one. And what are you goin on about the corvette vs SLR? One thing is sure, a HUGE 7 LITER ENGINE can produce a SHIT load of power. A bugatti veyron is 8 liter and kicks out 1001 BHP :p

And yes, you can buy modified cars too but I mean, RUF modies porsche and some of those have AMAZING power.

And as I said, BHP ain't everything cuz if you don't got the chassis or the tires + suspension (which is DAMN important if not THE most) then your car is worthless.

4. Wells

Wells DH addict

no shit and totally agree that horsepower isn't everything. but again you're mostly comparing 250000 to 50k and the cayman is like 68something well with any kind of decent trim, besides the point i was trying to be an ass and sorry if i came accross that way. but no, all im saying is, for the money the vette is probably the best you can get.

5. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

the bugatti veyron is my dream car at the mo

if you raced one against a mclaren f1, you could let the f1 hit 120mph before you set off in the veyron, and you'd still beat the mclaren to 200mph :drool:

and just look at it
    [​IMG]

it's dreamy.

apparantly costs something like £4m to make each one.

6. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I posted the price, the cayman from the US (the S for sport) is in the 50K reagion with only the important things (namely sport package which is the S).... Sure, sat nav and all is extra but that's not relevant to car speed.

Yes for money and speed the vette is the best, and I agree mate ;) But as I said, I'd prefer like a Porsche Boxter S or TVR Sagaris which MIGHT be slower but definately dilver...

How can you not like a TVR Sagaris? :D

[​IMG]

Now THATs my kinda car but hell, to each his own :D :D :D

7. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

On the Bugatti

Actually it's closer to £5 million per car and yet it only sells for £850,000.
    Running at top speed it would empty the tank from full in under 12 minutes at £100 per tank.

When they had the thing in the windtunnel they decided to change the design of the wing mirrors but realised the aerodynamics and downforce from the mirrors was the only thing keeping it on the ground.

Switching the windscreen wipers on at 200mph+ can actually alter the path of the car most likely resulting in instant death.

At 100mph+ the car shuts the windows automatically (no reaching out for your tollbooth ticket on NFS:MW:uhoh: ).

Best article ive found on it yet is here http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0511_bugatti_veryon/

at the moment im trying to find out what sort of trade in price i'll get for my Integra:rofl:

8. Sandok

Sandok New Member

The veyron is an engineering statement and achievement. It's not a real car. Tis like the concord, amazing and perfect but it's just to show that it CAN be done.

Gimme my sagaris anyday :D

9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

you do know that TVR's break down at least 3 times a day, right? :lol:

you ever looked into Noble?
    they make some damn fine cars.
    check out the m12 gto, tis awesome :)

10. Wells

Wells DH addict

that tvr is beautiful

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

yes I do know TVR break down and the noble looks sweet as does that brand new ascari...

But TVR has something i love in em [​IMG]

12. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

damn, looks like ive missed a ton while i was asleep.

as has been stated, the new vettes dont have a leaf spring suspension, their one hell of a beast at their price, and their affordable. ive had the chance to ride in the new C6's and their absoultly wonderful.

now personaly, i wouldnt trade my 69 vert for anything less then the new Z06. whenever i restore my vette, my goal is going to be 400RWHP, 5 or 6spd manual, and a top speed of atleast 160mph. that gives me A) a realitvly rare car that turns heads every place i go B) one hell of a fast car C) a car with the looks of classic muscle, but tech of new age cars. not to mention its still going to sound like a beast.

13. Wells

Wells DH addict

427 small block crate motro :D

14. Wells

Wells DH addict

woops motor* :D

15. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I honestly prefer the noise from a Ferrari 430 than the heavy noise of a muscle car but hell :p

16. Wells

Wells DH addict

i perfer the noise of something realistic that someone here can afford. my little volks sounds pretty sweet on the sound side very far from a fart can. that alone makes me happy

17. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

It's not a great car, but it works and gets me from A to B without any hassle. Only paid a grand for it and am very happy with my purchase.

[​IMG]

18. Wells

Wells DH addict

hyundai accent :D

19. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

98 civic LX (green 4 door) that hasn't been washed since july :hmm:

I'll get pics of the camaro tomorrow, but no lughing at it's bare sheetmetal and lack of an interior :lol:

as for dream cars:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

manageable price, thus manageable insurance, and it's a 4 cylinder(to end all 4 bangers), so gas ain't bad....

...and it weighs NOTHING and handles like a wet dream, so it FLIES. Won't win in a straight line, but will hand anything on a road course it's ass on a platter

20. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

[​IMG]

PS - there's always a dual cockpit lambo sporting a turbo'd 12 and the quattro AWD system, too ;)