post your ride

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by CDsDontBurn, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My ride... :(

2. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

indeed...LOL
    One of my techs blows past me every morning doing well over the speed limit on a Honda fireblade something or other and I swear he does it to leave a rooster tail of wet all over my car but I just cannot weave and bob through traffic like he can, in a matter of seconds he is over the horizen while I have to wave at the copper on the corner :confused:
    It just is not fair, but here in E. Anglia, fast Hondas are rarely pursued I have heard because there is no air support and no cars that can catch them.
    My Audi feels like a tank, but doesnt rattle or hurt my back like an American car does.
    American cars are rubbish compared to my A4 and I am converted.
    I did drive a Chrysler 300 for awhile but I have to agree the brakes were inadequate and it couldnt corner well at all, simply unrewarding like an old Mustang, Charger or Vette...
    My car is refined and I intend to buy on when I get back to the U.S.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  4. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

@ Zelig: i see just a red X

5. Son_of_Thunder

Son_of_Thunder New Member

I'm a fan of my Malibu when it works. It handles decently, has good brakes and plenty of horsepower if you put your foot down. That being said, I'm pretty sure either my fuel injectors are broken or my gas line is frozen. I thought it may have been the spark plugs but my dad checked them and said they were fine.

That being said, how the hell do you check spark plugs?

6. CDsDontBurn

you gotta take out the spark plugs :p

7. zaim

zaim Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]then fixed with my plates :D[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  8. CDsDontBurn

not bad. i like the front end there zaim :)

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Not sure if I ever posted my wifey's ride.. I put more than $3000 into it last year alone in original parts to keep it going strong.

It's a 1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R (2.0L DOHC 16 valve) with an LSD -(that's a limited slip differential, not the hallucinogenic drug). Pretty fun little car to drive, and has the original color changing paint, etc.. Under 100,000 miles on it still.. about 96,xxx now.

Starting to rust a little even after $900 in body work, all that damned salt on the Buffalo snowy winter roads.... :tears:

[​IMG]

Dirty... needs a wash.
    [​IMG]

10. Dark Lord

finally getting some where on my sunbird.

[​IMG]

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

got to love those old four bangers. what year is it again?

12. Dark Lord

its a 1990.

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Oh my...and with all the problems those buggers had, my father is a mechanic and has spent long hours with my mother's relatives and their Chevy's LOL. They dont believe in routine maintenance as often as it really requires you know. those little 2 liter engines would definitely work as hard as they could for 90 plus horse power. I recall he often worked on Caviliers too. I think he took apart a turbo charged sunbird once for some reason. The family insisted on keeping those cars till they rusted to nothing LOL. If you travel to Bell County Kentucky and to Pineville you just cross the railroad tracks down by the chain rock motel and you will see the road to Booger Holler and literally a car every twenty feet up the old gravel road to the wash house and they are all Chevy's LOL. I just cannot imagine what these folks see in them except the commonality with other cars of similiar vintage from Chevy. Do you intend to Turbo Charge this one?
    My father likes the engine design for some reason because of the simplicity of the valve train LOL. As for me, I dont have a lick of interest in tearing engines apart. I tried to replace the heads on a V6 for a Plymouth Acclaim and thankfully my father rescued me when I forgot to torque them down properly among other things. I think the engine in the Sunbird can also be found in a variety of other models right?

14. Dark Lord

ya, the motors in quite a few other cars. cant think of what they are off hand but theres 5 or 6 others that get this motor.

i think your dads bat shit insane if he likes working on these motors. there is nothing easy about working on this damn thing. each part has 3 different parts holding it in, which in turn are held down by another 3 parts.

as for this car, ive gotta change the head gasket and fix a brake line. providing nothing else has broke and the car went back together right, were going ot put a couple hundred miles on it to make sure everything is ok and then selling the damned thing. ill be glad to be rid of the car.

15. Son_of_Thunder

My Malibu is up and running again, it just took a long time for the Heet to melt my gas lines. I love my mali.

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

if you can get it to Kentucky it will no doubt become parted out in a variety of different ways and keep people above the poverty line or below it mobile..LOL.
    As for the Malibu.......well
    having driven one in the U.S. as a rental on more than one occasion I chanced to get a lift in Compton California to ride in a very old one with purple air freshners and pile carpeting, smoked glass and a stereo that would offend any living creature. I recall the ride, no hydralics mind you, to be smooth and almost like a drunken high school girl, weaving and wallowing all over the road on reversed rims and small profile tires. For some reason the products of smoking combustion kept the whole experience very entertaining but I had to buy five Cans of Pringles and a Gallon of Gatoraid to consule me afterward. I understand the love for old Chevy products, I really do, but going like hell in a Mustang or a Vette head long down the road to be more entertaining, as long as I dont have to corner, and gents American cars cannot corner at all. I am a converted Audi/BMW driver now, but I still remember the old Detroit experience with my three to four ton Dodge Charger at the tender age of 18, and what it did to girls when I reved up the engine and burned rubber, as long as sally kept her hands on the twelve pack of beer when I hit the brakes it meant all the world to me and I didnt mind using up my lawn mowing money to fill it up three times a week. People that have not grown up (if yo will) in America dont know what we are talking about I suppose, or may the Aussies do.

17. Son_of_Thunder

Oh I completely understand what you mean Jeff, I do. It's just that for a 21 year old working part time and in college a Malibu is a nice car. Yes it has a lot of miles on it, but I got it for 2K and it does what I need. Would I rather have an Audi or BMW? Hell yes, but I can't afford to drive one.

My Malibu is for practical purposes, though it can kick up some dust if I rev it, my 240SX is for fun.

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

My very first car I paid for with my own money was a 75 Pinto Wagon, my father rebuilt the motor and re made the front suspension and put in a German Transmission, which was more robust I suppose, I put almost 167,000 miles on it before the fuel pump needed love. Not terribly economical, not terribly sophisticated, but it would haul four kegs of beer without a grunt and eight passengers comfortably..LOL
    {or so I thought}

19. Dark Lord

finally got the intake and heads off this afternoon. the surface is cleaned and ready for the new gasket, so tomorrow reassembly starts.

finally through the worst of it i think.

20. BWX

BWX get out and ride

My wife hit a Chevy Trailblazer's trailer hitch with our beloved little 200sx SE-R.. :sigh: After all the money I put into that car too.. Arghghghg..:mad:

It runs still, it just banged up the front bumper, grill, and hood a little. Wasn't a hard hit, but enough to make me wonder if it is worth fixing.

We're going to get this car probably. Already have the loan, and going to check it out tomorrow.

2001 Subaru Legacy GT sedan- This is the actual car. I hope all goes well we get it. We don't put a lot of miles on our cars, so at 85,000 it would last quite a long time for us. Everything works and it is in just about perfect condition as far as we know. No rust, etc. Will know more tomorrow.
    *crossing fingers*

I've always wanted a Subaru, I like the idea of AWD.. and boxer engines.. To me they're just cool. It's no speed demon, but it will probably get out of it's own way pretty OK. :cool: I always wanted a WRX, but my wife really likes these Legacy's, so maybe sometime I'll get a WRX to go with it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]