post your ride

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by CDsDontBurn, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i dunno... if i can fix these leaks in the interior ill buy new carpet and put that in.

the paint wont happen till i have the time and money for a gound up, frame off restore. and that wont be for years. the car really needs some serious body work when you start looking at it closely. every panel was broken on it years ago and they were fixed, but 20 some years later its starting to show through the paint.

once everything is fixed, ya id take it to the strip and see what times im getting. but again, that wont happen any time soon. this thing sat for a long time in a damp garage and rust has taken its toll on the frame. its not completly rusted through, but it isnt any were near perfect.

i could probably beat on the car pretty good on the track and not worry, but its a precaution id rather take by not doing it.

2. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

damn man.....once rust starts to set in, it's everybody's worst nightmare to get fixed. Just find the leaks, and keep the car dry and it will be fine. Show us your progress from time to time :).

3. Dark Lord

i will. ill try and get some pics of it this week or something. then once i have all the dash and parts put back in ill get more pics.

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

well i have to get my brakes replaced. honda wants to charge me 500 bucks screw that.

the accord comes with some pretty damn good brakes i have to say, they are a bit touchy though. they went after 25km (25000 that is) i think. is there any options for brakes that will last long but give me the same stopping power would you guys say? talk to my bro's mechanic about it then

5. Dark Lord

i had to replace the brakes on my vette when i got it home last year. there modifed stock brakes, basicly theres stainless steel sleves in the 4 piston calipers. original brakes rotted out all the time and just poured brake fluid. after putting in these new guys and loading them up with DOT5 fluid, these things can stop a semi.

6. CDsDontBurn

look into getting ceramic brake pads. They don't leave off as much brake dust, have better stopping power, and last longer than non-ceramic brake pads. However, they are a little bit more expensive than the ceramic brake pads.

7. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Pics taken with cell phone camera as my gf has my digi again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only mods are, braided brake lines and sports exhaust.

8. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

those are very high quality pictures with a cell phone camera i gotta say

and cd, ill give that a check out

9. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

My Motorola E1000 cell phone comes with a 1mega pixel camera boss. :)

10. CDsDontBurn

promoting smoking there warpy??? lol. Nice bike though :)

11. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Thanks, it's a 2005 Honda Fireblade. 4 cylinder Inline (998 cc), The biggest selling 1000cc in 2004 too. :)

Traded my MR2 Spyder several years back, bought a cheap car and bought the bike.

12. CDsDontBurn

looks just like Zardon's bike :p. 'Cept yours doesn't have the big exhaust like his does.

13. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

You traded in your Spyder a few years ago (say 2003) and got a cheap car and the bike in exhange? How come the bike is brand new year 2005 then? You only ever posted this right after Z posted his? same colour as Zs as well? :bleh:

14. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

What is this, an interogation into my bike!

brutusmaximus, I sold my Spyder in Dec 2003 and bought an old crappy bomb to get me from A-B and sometimes to C. After looking at hundreds of bikes I took some advice and bought myself a Honda one year later. (that's the end of 2004 brutusmaximus). The 2005 model I have, was available to buy then as well. :rolleyes:

... and your little interogation into posting my pic after Z had posted his, which by the way I can't find in this thread. It's a little child-like behaviour. I haven't seen Allan's bike and I didn't know he had one. Care to show me a pic or even a link to it?

EDIT: MR2 Spyder:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  15. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

one very nice mr2 warpy. and as for the thread you can't find (criticised for) is THIS the thread in question.?

But in honesty i prefer the mark 2 MR2.....looks more rounded and much sleeker than the newer version.

16. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

Child like behaviour? wow relax man. I was merely saying it sounded weird that you posted almost identical bikes with colours to Z right after he did. Im sorry you missed the thread I thought it was pretty easily seen.

No need to take offense I didnt mean it that like, just seemed like a weird thing to me.

nice car btw, but i prefer the bike.

17. CDsDontBurn

I find it weird when i see a car that is right side drive. But that would only be because i'm used to being in left side drive here in the states.

18. Dark Lord

you cant forget that there all crazy and drive on the wrong side of the road.

19. CDsDontBurn

no i can't forget that either

20. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Try driving in the bahamas, thats a british colony still. They get cars sent over from Miami, left side drive but they drive on the left like the UK, that really makes navigating roads quite difficult.