Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Edition.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Veky

Veky Member

Re: AW: Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Ed

I have exactly the same problem and there is not a thing that I haven't tried to fix it. Maybe it's time to burn this card.

2. gabecubano14

gabecubano14 Member

Re: Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Editio

Hello. So i just u[grade my standard titanium pci-e to the Titanium HD and installed it about a week ago. When i tried installing it, the drivers box did not come up to ask me to install it anyways. i have windows 7. On the regular titanium card it did come up. Looks to be some sort of software issue. So what i did was I opened up the drivers folder and installed it manually with no issues. The bass on the HD is noticeably stronger on the HD than on the standard titanium card which i think was perfect. I am on entertainment mode for music listening. The music sounds awesome with this card! it sounded good on the titanium but on the HD it's even better. Did anybody jump from a titanium to an HD version and notice a big boost in bass or is it just me? Speakers are Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. Thank you Robert for the driver support. I hope you keep improving the sound quality.

3. Cosmichaos

Cosmichaos Grandmaster of Disaster

AW: Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Editio

Yeah it's a pity. I would like to know what exactly causes' the audiodg.exe to cause relative CPU-Usage for playback or recording.

Only thing that keeps it lowest is lowering sample rate to 44,1 and choose 2.1-speaker configuration, but it still exist 1-2% playback and most significant recording via FlexiJack.

I tried some more tweaks

Audio-Controlpanel/Audio-Console: Encoders (DTS,...) off, CMSS-3D off, Crystalizer off, EQ off, bass redirection off, Speaker mode 5.1 (2.1 is lower but still CPU-usage generating). Doesn't help.

Win 7 X64

I conclude:

1. Disable what you here-devices in windows playback/recording-devices and all other unneccessary devices. Didn't help.
    2. Deactivated all plugins in windows-audio-configuration for mic- and speakers-devices. Didn't help.
    3. Tried lowering sample quality in windows audio-configuration for the devices. Little less CPU-Usage leak, but only slight different between 44,1kHz and 48kHz, didn't help the actual problem.
    4. Tried disable, then deinstalling the DTS and DDL (encoders properly disappeared everywhere), but didnt help.
    5. Tried deactivating and already removing some windows audio streaming scheduler, according to some other help. Made audiodg.exe close when silent and no record, but no actual help for the problem, because reappears instant when playback or recording.

Nothing helped... creative never did care, neither did microsoft. Finally this driver isn't a real help, too. Sry. It just feels little less, but as i can measure the slight difference between 44,1kHz and 48kHz, but i cant really measure a difference between yours and original.

So Robert do you have an idea what might be the cause or on the other hand what might be the fix for this enourmous CPU-cycle consumsption ??

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Editio

Date should read 10/21/2013 ;) You might not disable driver sign. Sorry guys and gals I had bad headace threw out day today.

5. Robert McClelland

Re: AW: Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Ed

What is your system specs it could be the ram cauing the cycle or maybe not enough power?

6. Cosmichaos

Cosmichaos Grandmaster of Disaster

AW: Preview PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Editio

I tried multiple RAMs and multiple PSUs, it is not a hardware issue. that cant'be. ANd no nothing shares IRQ or kinda with the X-FI. Actual PSU is a Corsair AX760i with digital signal processor and ultra low noise ripple and so on...

I have this problem since 5 years on even different pc/plattform... complete re-installation of win7 done a few times.

Many other people claim these problems, the internet is full of forums where people claim about x-fi high cpu-usage... many claimed solutions, but nothing helps!!!

Just play an audio and watch CPU-usage of audiodg.exe in taskplaner!? DO YOU HAVE FULL HARDWARE ACCELARATION? Cant you see that?

The problem is clearly an architectural driver/win7 problem... something inside this driver/win-DSP is causing CPU-lagg, i bet it still offloads DSP-plugins into the win-audio-stack.. whatever we tell them in the settings not to....WHile i saw other win7 PC like with the Asus XOnar that dont have any CPU-usage on audiodg.exe while playback AND recording the same time., i know this is NOT normal.

SO?

P.S.: maybe something's recording and the CPU uses thousands of cycles to check for bad words and alarms the NSA :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. Global Player

Global Player New Member

sorry, but the newest 1.10 driver sounds a deal worse than the 1.05! Could it be, that your new Softer Tweak And Smooth Tweak have a bad influence to the sound quality?

8. Robert McClelland

I will take it out replace with clarity.

9. Global Player

Global Player New Member

much better, thx!
    my titanium hd sounds now better than ever!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. Robert McClelland

Even though I don't own HD it works pretty much the same on all cards with tweaks ;) Did nabor call cops yet staying it's too loud? hehe

11. Robert McClelland

PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Edition.
    11/11/13
    ClarityTreble
    ClarityBass
    ClarityBalance
    ClarityClear
    Took Out Smooth Tweak
    And CPU IDLE Fix.
    New Pure Tweak
    Fix mirror stuff in inf spelling
    Add better windows 8.1 official installing support.
    New set out What new fix mirror stuff in tweaks dups and add new Smart tweak to Treble and Bass
    Add GreatnessBass and Treble and PrefectBass and Treble to the inf.

Remember Put Computer to Sleep after you save your setting then wake computer then reboot this would save your settings

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/downloads/pax/PAX%20MASTER%20PCIe%20Titanium%20Driver%20HD%20Suite%202013%20V1.10%20Default%20Tweak%20Edition.7z

12. Global Player

Global Player New Member

never mind - just a placebo. thx again :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  13. Robert McClelland

Ya let me know I did change some mids from 100% main mid to 48% you can change that back see if sound better and keep rest mids at 48%

14. lbondezan

lbondezan New Member

I just installed the latest version. Dude you are great! Great job! Thank you! ;)

15. Robert McClelland

16. ysaletore

ysaletore New Member

Thanks so much for these drivers. I've been struggling with Creative's lack of support lately. I've recently been trying to get audio to work from my optical SPDIF IN. I was hoping to decode DTS, and I heard that your drivers might enable DTS DEcoding. I installed the HD preview 1.10, since I'm using Windows 8.1, but the decoding option is still disabled in the audio control panel. Is there any way to enable it?

Thanks!

17. Robert McClelland

You have used encoders or by DTS box there cheap like 60 bucks on amazon now.

18. ysaletore

ysaletore New Member

Thanks for your response! I was hoping to use my computer as the decoder, because my setup is computer speakers plugged into my X-FI. With that in mind, I wanted to decode the DTS out of my Xbox and play out through my computer speakers.

I heard the X-Fi series does support DTS Decoding on the card itself, but that later driver versions removed that capability. Do your drivers still have decoding enabled? I thought I read in some of the older posts that you enabled the decoding option in some of your XP-drivers. The decoding option is the SPDIF I/O tab of the Creative Labs Audio Control Panel, right? Mine has all the options grayed out.

The other option I heard was to purchase one of the two expansions, either for a 5.25" drive bay or PCI-slot. Apparently connecting this will enable DTS decoding? The problem here is that the card is so old, they aren't sold by any normal sellers, and are fairly pricey on eBay, considering they're fairly old and used.

Thanks!

19. Robert McClelland

Ya mine always Grey out your best bet by DTS dolby Decoder box and hook threw your computer and speakers used all at once for even better sound :). You need something like this > http://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Audio...F8&qid=1385794450&sr=1-5&keywords=dts+decoder

20. Robert McClelland

PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver HD Suite 2013 V1.10 Default Tweak Edition.

Driver is working now ejoy them. But you may have installed manually I don't know if the driver would work with the suite cab support setup please let me know.
    Welcome to New Driver Set.
    12/12/13
    ClarityTreble
    ClarityBass
    ClarityBalance
    ClarityClear
    Took Out Smooth Tweak
    And CPU IDLE Fix.
    New Pure Tweak
    Fix mirror stuff in inf spelling
    Add better windows 8.1 official installing support.
    New set out What new fix mirror stuff in tweaks dups and add new Smart tweak to Treble and Bass
    Add GreatnessBass and Treble and PrefectBass and Treble to the inf.
    Created new way installed tweak infs mcclelland folder.
    And took out word enable because enable means = 1 anyway.
    Took out also Disable word same thing = 0

Remember Put Computer to Sleep after you save your setting then wake computer then reboot this would save your settings

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/downloads/pax/PAX%20MASTER%20PCIe%20Titanium%20Driver%20HD%20Suite%202013%20V1.10%20Default%20Tweak%20Edition.7z

bump

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013