Prey Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Pluvious, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Yeah.. I noticed it.. HAHA

2. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

HAHAHA yeah you found the other bug i forgot about aswell lol
    those boxes all around most of them you have to go 2 feet infront of them before you can actually see though them wich kinda sucks lol

its like the game isnt loading whats in there untill your very close to them when they should be loading them in advance. :p

It happens with some of the port holes aswell.
    very weird though probably can be fixed by tweaking a setting in the config to load more of the game into MEMORY.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I noticed that 'black box' thing on the first 'porthole' or whatever they call those. I could see through from one side, but not the other. Finally decided to go back through it the other way (through the blackness) and continued.

4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

any one see a way to enable cherokee mode?

5. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

In the .cfg file is nightmare mode "0" but when I changed it to "1" it still didn't show up. Wish we could get it working. :(

edit: Anyone else think of the movie Phantasm (#1) when you first saw those portals in the game?.. very cool.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  6. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Yeah, that was the part I loved the most. truthfully though I found it ok. I would get bored with it about as fast as I got bored with Q4.

7. Dark Lord

little glitch i found, besides the others already pointed out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i will give them points for atleast thinking about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    that would be the enemy melting after being frozen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

something else worth mentioning, towards the start of the game once your on the ship, you can listen to art bell's show for a couple of mins. i thought haveing him on was a nice touch.

8. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Yah.. i wonder how many people will realize that Art Bell is a real UFO radio personality. Is that his real voice?.. did they hire him just for that little easter egg?..

9. Dark Lord

im pretty sure that was actually him. ive only listend to him a couple of times so i cant say positivly.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah I stood and listened to that radio show.. that was cool.

edit-

Interesting, when you are showing FPS.. it is stuck at around 60 like normal, but then when you snap a screenshot, it will tell you what your FPS would be if it wasn't locked at 60.

BTW this game is sick, can't wait to play it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh yeah--

The sky thing where it gets dark didn't happen to me.. And that black box reflection- it is black until you get close to it, then it changes to a reflection type thing.

11. brownstonemr

brownstonemr New Member

Darklord.....that first pic of the TV is just reflecting the gambling machines in the background.

12. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

I Freaking Love IT!
    this is the first game demo that made me say i have to have the game.i am going to preorder the limited edition so i can get me a little figurine to set on my desk.it is the most original game i have ever played.the only thing i dont like about it is it reminds me of d3 when it comes to movement and the way the game plays.i guess that would be hard to eliminate completely.another problem i have is there is a little tearing when i am going really fast between levels of the map and arround corners.i dont think it is a game issue but it still is annoying.i dont think my monitor can keep up with this game.maybe it will give me a reason to get a better monito and upgrade my system sooner than expected.i was going to wait until the hollidays to go pci-e and sli but this game has got me on pricewatch searching already for a mobo and case.

P:S: if anybody sees anything they like in my specs let me know.i will be getting rid of my mobo,cpu,gpu,psu,maybe the raptors.as of now i am open for offers but when the parts are listed i will have set prices.i have to see what the market value is for these items.i know the mobo is very hard to find in as good as shape as this one and unmodded.

13. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

go into graphics settings and either tab 1 or tab 2 should have a vsync option, turn it on. you are seeing tearing due to the frame rate fluctating. this game is very prone to it.

A little glitch in the settings i have noticed on some systems is if you dont change the resolution or a major setting, little minor settings like vsync dont actually change if you hit apply. so change your resolution while selecting vsync then change the resolution back for it to set.

14. IndianScout

IndianScout New Member

being native american the reservation and indian lore was ok I guess..

beating those 2 white guys after insulting that native woman rocked...

pretty good game overall I look forward to buying it..

15. Dark Lord

check the 2nd picture. the machines are all turned off, so theres nothing to be reflected.

16. ViP3RH3LL

ViP3RH3LL New Member

Prey Demo?

I downloaded the demo and when it was done I double-clicked it to install and nothing but a windows pops up and then goes away and nothing happens? 450 megs is alot for nothing.. I got it from filefront also. Anyone had this problem, what could be the issue. I also used a download manager -> fresh download 7.56. I don't like wasting bandwith so I like to know whats going on before I try again.

17. technonerd

technonerd New Member

Torrent works :)

Btw, I believe this game is great and I'm glad I pre-ordered it. Just make sure to bring an empty bag or bowl.

18. goingtojapan

goingtojapan New Member

19. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I tried it too. I like it. Unfortunately, my old FX5700 is not up to the task. I had to use 640X480 to get decent framerates.

I'm considering buying it if I upgrade my video card. I like the story so far.

When you die, you get to the spirit world. You can shoot the red and blue birds. Do you have to shoot them all or only those of a specific color?

20. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I think you just have to shoot one.. I did and went to the middle and fell back into the world.. I shot a couple one time, not sure what that does, maybe give you more health?

LOL- I don't think the intention was for people to like being a Native American and like killing white people. it is a very original story line though. Having some "Indians" in my ancestry (according to me grandmother before she died), I find it quite interesting.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.