Prince of Persia (X360 & PS3) @ GH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Nov 28, 2008.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Prince of Persia Review

The new Prince of Persia is a departure from the previous games in the series, the design philosophy has changed and he shares the story with a rather attractive female companion. Is this enough to freshen up this platform hopping franchise however?

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

I was actually expecting a bit more, but looks decent and hopefully there will be time for me in the holidays to try this out.

I know 89 is pretty high, but still... I guess it's because of the huge amount of great games.

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

The review is spot on, and it's another game that's worth your money.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Yes, the fact that you can't die takes some of the challenge away, but the fact that you can't die pushes the game more towards playing the adventure than trying to survive it. The game, personally, is more fun because it's not frustrating in that regards (Did you know people have returned/traded the game in because you can't die in the game? How stupid is that?). Even though you can't die doesn't mean you don't get rewarded for not dying, or rather getting yourself into a situation in which Elika needs to save your hide. Lean on Elika too much by having her save your life more than 100 times, and you won't get the achievement at the end of the game (it's worth 100 points for us 360 owners). Anyone that has played this game knows that this is going to be one tough achievement to get.

4. sterben

sterben New Member

Been hearing good things about the game. Heard the PC release was going to be DRM free, smart move Ubisoft you'll have one more customer. :)

5. Tipstaff

It's also cheap. Up here in Canada it retails for $29.99 ($30 less than the console versions). So, it's DRM free, cheap, and it's a good game. ;)

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Unfortunately here in the UK, Amazon has the 360 version for £34.35 and the PC version for £24.46
    If it was £5 less, I would go out and buy it now (PC version). As it is, I might wait a while, not my favourite type of game (action-platform-esque) for the price point.
    Still, great review and it looks like the first PoP game that I will buy in a long long time.

7. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

This actually looks better than I expected Cheers on the review :cool:

8. Tipstaff

Now I know why it's so cheap here: cuz you guys are making up the $ balance. :lol: