Printable DVD-R

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by giganick, Mar 21, 2005.

1. giganick

giganick Frikkin COmputer~!

I am looking to buy some DVD-R that you can print on the top, and I dont know what brand is good. I used to buy the stuff in japan (I lived there) but now I cant get it locally...I looked on eBay, and found some, the brand is Ritek, but I dont know if they are any good...does anybody have any reccomendations?...thanks!

2. Dom

Dom New Member

Ritek is awesome! I recently bought a 50pk spindle of 8x inkjet whites--they're great.

I've had nothing but good expeiences with Ritek. They're the only brand I use.

Some of their discs use the same dyes that FujiFilm, Maxell, etc use; Ricoh. Some of their other discs use their own dye, which is just as good.

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Agreed Dom... Ritek all the way. Ritek is also sold under 2 other names: RiData, and TraxData. If you see those brands you'll be getting just as good blanks.

Another set of discs, and probably the best ones are those from Prodisc. Just as good, or better than Ridata/Ritek/Traxdata, but they also are a bit more expensive.

- Tip

4. giganick

giganick Frikkin COmputer~!

Awesome....Thanks for the responses!...I had never heard the name before, and i found them on eBay for cheap, so I didnt know if I wanted to risk it or not...