Probably Overheating?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by SaintDL, Apr 12, 2006.

1. SaintDL

SaintDL New Member

my video card is ati Radeon 9600pro gexcube.

is the card known to overheat?

i played like 12 hours a day for 5 days and my monitor starts having occasional click sound. Like a loud static. Over the next two days it was fine. Then my wc3 frozen thrnoe suddenly cannot detect directX settings. I reboot my computer and everything was fine. The following night there was suddenly this loud static again and then my screen froze for 15 seconds.

Everything turns black after that.

When i reboot everything in the desktop seemed like the video card got fried.
    I prayed it was the monitor but sadly on the 12th reboot everything returned to normal so it can't be the monitor.

i did a dxdiag and sadly the computer crashes when i do direct3D tests. that's when i realise my 700 bucks went down the drain.
    is that overheat? any chances i can get a new one over the warranty? because i didn't overclock it. so it isn't really all a user fault

2. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

$700 dollars for a 9600 Pro.... :uhoh:

Other than that if its on warranty return it. If it fried and you didn't touch it, that's their goof

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Sounds to me like alot of dust or something in the case.... Or the card got unseated but definately not overheating...

And yeah, 700 BUCKS!!! :wtf:

4. JDwoods[TeamATi]

JDwoods[TeamATi] New Member

Could just be a faulty card. RMA that card ASAP.

Sandok's right tho... can't hurt to get a can-o-air and dust off that bad boy.