[Problem] LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by BlackShadow, Apr 3, 2006.

1. BlackShadow

BlackShadow New Member

This just started happening today, I was surfing the net and all of a sudden my LCD Monitor went black while it was still on, I tried turning it off and on but my screen only show up for mili second and goes black again, I tried rebooting nothing, I tried replugging everything again... still nothing, but when it happens, I need to leave my LCD Monitor off for one hour and then turn it on and im able to see the screen again(for a while until it happens again)my refresh rates are on 60 Hertz

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

it's a sign of usually something getting to hot..... and losing the connection or something..

I'd suggest checking your warranty papers.. and getting that thing sent away to be fixed or replaced ASAP

3. BlackShadow

BlackShadow New Member

When I felt the monitor it felt warm a bit, if its the wire problem I can change it I think, I have a Norwood Micro LCD monitor but I heard that this monitor heats up easily inside :mad:

*EDIT*
    My monitor didn't smell if it was overheating

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

have you tried another monitor on that same video card?

5. BlackShadow

BlackShadow New Member

Planning to if I can think of any more ideas, right now I just cleaned my computer fan and changed the AC adaptor from my monitor since my room has only two plugins, my monitors feela a bit warm right now.

*EDIT*
    Ok I think switch my power cord work, since its been on for one hour now and its feels half warm and still going(usually it should be turned off or go black in one hour) but just incase, help Thank You

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006