Problem uninstalling NVIDIA driver fomr XP

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by v1pcpg, Feb 5, 2008.

1. v1pcpg

v1pcpg New Member

When following the instructions to remove the nvidia drivers before running Driver Cleaner I'm running into this problem on the 5th instruction which says to "Navigate to device manager ->display adapters-> highlight nVidia and click uninstall or remove but don't reboot." (I'm in safe mode). The system returns a message stating it can't complete the request because the drivers may be needed to reboot the system. BTW... I can't complete #2 because nvidia doesn't show in the add/remove programs list. Since #5 can't be completed I hesitate to continue since the drivers were not uninstalled. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

I had that problem, so I tried uninstalling the nvidia control in Control panel / settings and that uninstalled the all of the nvidia stuff. the control Panel is at the very bottom of the list.

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Can you give more details about what version of windows you run and do you have any service packs installed?

What you can try is going to normal windows and then do step 5 there and then reboot and go to safe mode and run Driver Cleaner and see if you can uninstall the display adapter in normal windows.