Problem with all games !!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ToNi, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Spydertech

Spydertech New Member

Instructions

On the front of the monitor, below the screen, there will be some buttons.
    I'm not familiar with your monitor, but these are pretty much standard.

Enter the Menu. You are going to adjust the Horizontal Size, Horizontal Position, Vertical Size, Vertical Position. You do this to get the largest viewable size you can.
    Make the adjustments while in whatever game you are in at whatever resolution and refresh rate the game is using.

Once you do this, everything should be fine. If you ever change the refresh rate or resolution to something else (meaning a combination that you haven't accounted for) you may have to set the same things (HS,HP,VS,VP) for that particular combo of refresh and resolution.

Spydertech

2. ToNi

ToNi New Member

Hi !

Yeah the refreshforce program did the trick !! Know its like i was having on Win98 SE !!

Thx kinetic for the tip !

And with this 60hz in game thing... i don't was having it on Win98, so it must be a failure from XP.

Thx Spydertech for your answer
    :D

But i dont need it ;)

So my only problem is now, i cant run Battlefield 1942 anymore. I see the splashscreen and then it turns back to the desktop. I was looking in the EA forums, there are many people with the same problem.

Update, the fix for Battlefield is in the 1.1 Patch readme !!

-Fixed refresh rate locked to 60 hz in Win2k and XP machines. We're working on getting
    this fix for Win98 and ME machines. To enable this on Win2k and XP machines do the following:
    -Open the videodefault.con file found in Settings\VideoDefault.con
    -Edit the line: renderer.allowAllRefreshRates # (where # can be replaced
    by 0 or 1)
    -Changing this value to one will allow you to select the refresh rates from the
    Options>Video section of the in-game frontend. NOTE: the game will default to 640x480.

3. reno

reno Painlord of Ichor

sdfg

ugh...