Problem with every 5.x release of catalyst

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Gommo, May 30, 2005.

1. Gommo

Gommo New Member

I keep getting a problem with my graphics card. ever since the first release of 5.x catalyst drivers i have lots of problems runing my tv capture card and my dvd player aplications...
    on the tv card with any of the 5.x releases i get a black screen when trying to use overlay mixer. when i try to use Vmr9 i get image but its slow and flawy. on my dvd player software(PowerDVD) i allways get slowdowns with catalysts 5.x.
    With all these problems i allways end up having to rollback to the 4.20 catalyst.
    my graphics card is a ATI 9600 pro and my tv capture card is a Pinnacle PCTV stereo
    i allways run driver cleaner on reinstall of drivers and problems mantain even after a OS reinstall
    is this a known problem? am i the only one having this problems?

2. thegave

thegave -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

have you tried disabling WMV acceleration in the ati control panel/ccc?
    have you checked for the latest drivers for your tv capture card?

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

You don't give much information in the way of system specs. So, we have no idea what motherboard, OS, RAM Memory, or much else to go on.

What about the IRQ setting? Do you have the TV Capture card in the slot next to the ATi card? If so, then they're sharing an IRQ. You might try moving it to another PCI slot and see if that makes any difference.

4. Gommo

Gommo New Member

up till now there was only 2 driver releases for my capture card and only one of them work's in windows xp SP2. not much choise there. i will try disabling WMV acceleration

the capture card is in my 5th pci slot. my 2 slots to the graphics card are empty

system specs
    cpu 1200Mhz PIII
    motherboard qdi advance 10t
    512mb ram pc133
    using Windows XP SP2 and cat 4.12

5. Gommo

Gommo New Member

sorry to be bringing this topic back. i havent been around to be able to send my feedback. i have installed 5.7 driver and problem continues as every release of ATi 5.x driver. every 4.x work. tryed disabling wmv acceleration, but it had no effect. when i try to run pinnacles pctv vision i get an hardware error(every error in that program is hardware error :| ) on christv i get "the video capture source could not be connected" "....disable use overlay mixer" but after disabling it i get the same error again

am i alone here? can i be the only one having these kind of problems?

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm having no trouble at all with the CAT 5.*s on my AiW 9600 in my 2nd computer.

In the Device Manager, under Sound, video, and game controllers, do you see the WDM devices listed? Are they showing no warnings?

If they're not there, or if they're showing warnings, make sure to install them. It might be necessary to do so from Safemode.

7. Gommo

Gommo New Member

every device is normal, all installed and no warnings but the problems remain...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  8. redsolar

redsolar Off duty

I think there may be a potential compatibility issue with your video card and your capture card. Do you have a chance to try a different capture card?

9. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Or just take the capture card out?