Problem with GAMES!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Kungen, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Kungen

Kungen New Member

Hello all, My problem is that when Im playing games, such as Dark age of camelot, my spell effects is all gone and when I swim underwater my frames is bad that it lag like hell. And when Im opening up wow, its not even able to come to the "main menu", it get stuck and all u can see is the mouse and you hear a strange noise from the speakers. I do have latest directX and latest drviers for card and bios. It's just that everything worked great before, but now it doesnt. All i can think of is that I have replaced my old motherboard with a new one that is exactly the same because I burned the last one :p , but everything else than gaming works great. So please, all help would be appreciated ( except thoose who says"try different drivers" because I know that doesnt work). THANKS!:mad:

2. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Hardware specs, driver versions would help diagnose this issue, did you use drivercleaner to get rid of all your old mobo drivers?

3. Kungen

Kungen New Member

well, asrock dual sata2 mb, athalon 4200+ dual core, 1gb ddr ram, 7800Gs agp card, and using latest drivers of grapfic card which worked before. And no, i didnt use drivercleaner. I didn't thought that was really necssesary, is it?

4. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

How exactly did you fry your last motherboard? Sure you didn't damage any other components?

When you installed your new motherboard, did you reinstall the motherboard drivers or possibly reformat the computer? I would certainly do at least a clean install of the drivers for the motherboard and the video card, if not a fresh install of the OS after a reformating.

5. Kungen

Kungen New Member

well, it was pretty noobish actually :p , i put in the ram the wrong way and started up. All i noticed was that bios didnt BEEP, so i turned it off and took out the ram. Then i emaild a support which told me i fried my motherboard. Well, im not sure if it was only the mb that I fried but i used the video card in another computer while waiting for my replace mb. And it worked just fine. Now everythign else working fine which I suppose indicates on that there isn't anything else that took dmg. But it is the EXACT same type of mb, why would i need to reformate ??? and btw, i did reinstall of all MB drivers...

6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I would run MemTest to see if maybe you are having some problems with the memory (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1247)

I always reformat after a major change in hardware (video card, mobo, etc.). If all else fails, I would give that a shot. I would run drivercleaner and reinstall all your drivers first, and run MemTest to see if it identifies the problem.

7. Kungen

Kungen New Member

hm, dont think ram have anything to do with it. Ive spoken with others who calims that my card could have be overheated or something because its only 3d that doest work, direct draw work probely etc and that is the cpu.

8. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Run memtest to make sure the RAM is ok, then uninstall your video card drivers completely, using drivercleaner in safe mode, install newest video drivers. It's possible that the ASrock AGPGart is conflicting with the nvgart, AGP drivers. ASrock uses a proprietary AGP driver and the nv drivers don't play nice with it. Sounds like after installing the mobo drivers again it could have screwed up the gart driver your system was using and this is causing your issues.

9. Kungen

Kungen New Member

I have used the ram on another computer and had no faults. And just recently I plugged in my video card in another computer. And what surprise me is that it worked excellent. No fault whatsoever. So I guess you are right, I guess that AGP driver is f*cked up and I'm gonna try a format. Thanks for all help though :)