Problem with mobility modder and radeon hd 3470

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by riwa, Dec 9, 2009.

1. riwa

riwa New Member

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hi. I have a Packard Bell, EasyNote RS66-U-320NC, with a radeon hd 3470, which came with vista pre-installed.

I have made a clean install av Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I have installed "mobility modder".

I downloaded this:
    Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM
    [/FONT]ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.11 Suite for Windows 7 (64 bit) <----
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
    I extracted the file, modified it with Mobility modder, and ran setup. Setup ran fine, but when I rebooted I got this message:
    "Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adaptor. Please update your ATI driver, or enable your ATI adaptor using the Display Manager"

In CCC settings it says:

Graphics Card Manufacturer -> Non-ATI Gfx adaptor
    [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Graphics Card [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Chipset -> Mobile Intel 45 express chipset

In the device manager, Windows recognise this under Display adapters:
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3450 ##(I have 3470).
    Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset

Both are enabled and "working properly".

What did I do wrong? Should I modify the radeon mobility 3000 series driver instead?

Help appreciated!

Regards
    Richard

[/FONT]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. richardhula

richardhula New Member

You can fix the incorrect name under Device Manager issue as follows:

After using MM go to ATI folder & browse to Support\9-11xxxxxx\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\ and add following lines to C7_xxx and CH_xxx setup info files:

"ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3450" = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C9
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470" = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_01381025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_013B1025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_011F1025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_01491025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_013F1025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_011E1025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_013C1025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_013E1025
    "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 " = ati2mtag_M72, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C4&SUBSYS_01211025

Remove the old HD3450 & HD3470 lines and do the same with both files - save and exit. Run setup.

This will solve the mis-representation issue. If the other issue persists try installing drivers from Device Manager pointing to 9-11xxx folder.

3. riwa

riwa New Member

Thanks a lot. But if it only changes the name in device manager it's not really the problem. The driver still don't work. When the driver is working I will change the name accordingly.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  4. baramuli

baramuli New Member

I got relatively same problem here.

My laptop is Toshiba M300
    Graphic is Mobility Radeon HD 3470
    RAM 4 gb (@2 GB 800Mgz)

just install win 7 64 bit

it was instaled alright, but when i check in the device manager.... my graphic adapter stated that it is ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3450.

I opened the properties in graphic adapter try to chek the update driver, and reasulted i have 2 additional driver for HD 3450 and HD 3470.... but when I tried to install them the reasult was never showed as HD 3470... and none of them are digitaly sinatured

And my windows experience index for gaming is 3,9 while for 3D is 5,4....is that normal...??

is there any other way I should get another point in gaming since a year ago the index for gaming was around 4 point some thing (I forgot my laptop spec at that time)

5. riwa

riwa New Member

Well, my biggest problem is still that I dont have any working drivers for my radeon card. I dont have any 3D accel. If your works, couldnt you upload it somewhere for me? :p

6. baramuli

baramuli New Member

who r you talking to..?

7. riwa

riwa New Member

To you baramuli. My drivers dont work. I have generic graphics with no 3d acc. I cant even play q3 :S. And if we have the same card, I should be able to use your driver, no?

8. baramuli

baramuli New Member

Hmm...it does sound familiar to me, I got the same problem around 6 month ago.

Too bad I got fed up and formated evrything and start from scratch. Later on I founded that what I need to do was to UNINSTALL everything (ATI sofware and driver) and then INSTALL the latest ATI driver and software.

Well in your case... I sugest you to go to the laptop manufacturer site and ask for ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3470 FOR WINDOWS 7 64 bit

If u can't find them... than PM me along w ur email

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  9. riwa

riwa New Member

They didnt release it. I pm'd you :p

10. riwa

riwa New Member

That one didnt work neither. I get the same messages all the time. They even have a driver for LINUX but not win7. Seems hopeless. :S

11. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

Have you tried updating the drivers from the device's properties?

Try using a driver cleaner like driver sweeper before you install the new drivers.

12. riwa

riwa New Member

I have tried doing an automatic update of the drivers. Atm its set to 3450 (I have 3470). I am using the modded driver. If I would update the driver automaticly with windows I get the hd radeon 3400 series driver. It says that it works fine too but CCC wont recognise it. I think I've tried updating with the driver manually but I think I got the same result. Gonna try with the sweeper and then install again.

13. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

Don't use the automatic function, instead select the driver's location manually.

The nomenclature it appears with really isn't important, as it doesn't affect performance. Anyways, this is usually caused by having the wrong hardware nomenclature associated to the hardware id in the modded *.inf file. You could try changing it yourself, if it's really that important for you.

14. riwa

riwa New Member

Well I have tried to use the manual updating. Then it just says: Driver is already up to date. Maybe I modified the driver wrong? Or maybe it just doesnt work with this card.

Should I use the bin64 setup file or the regular?
    Also. Is there a bigger chance it will work on winXP? Im considering switching. Win7 has some issues.

It keeps installing fine. It detects the driver. Installs it. The screen flashes. Win says it works fine. I reboot. But then the message, and like 3 fps in q3 :S. Is there some way to edit CCC to force it to use it?

Here are the messages:

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/prntscrn.png/
    http://img32.imageshack.us/i/display2r.png/
    http://img138.imageshack.us/i/display.png/
    http://img709.imageshack.us/i/cccerrormsg.png/
    http://img32.imageshack.us/i/aticcc.png/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  15. richardhula

richardhula New Member

The HD 3450/3470 issue isn't important as already mentioned & can be fixed with correct device ID, however if Device Manager displays "HD 3400 series" you have generic Windows drivers installed & they seem to block ATI driver installation & are more difficult to remove. Try driver cleaner but you may have to uninstall the graphics card to force a fresh start.

16. riwa

riwa New Member

Well, atm, it displays as Radeon 3450. Yes I dont care about the name. I just want the card running. :) So I should uninstall the generic driver? Well, I've tried disabling it but then the screen just goes completely black. I force reboot and it's back again.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  17. riwa

riwa New Member

Should I uninstall the generic (MOBILE INTEL BLABLA) it (so that the screen goes black) and then reboot and hope that win used the other one instead?