Problems ever since Vista

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner Platinum Edition Support' started by Think, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Think

Think New Member

I've purchased the PE version of DH...version 2.2 build 25 and it has always run so slow on Vista x64 that I didn't bother until a forum member told me the new build works like a charm. I don't think I should have to pay again so I'm assuming that those Registered/Paid clients should be able to use there license key and download the proper build? Is this correct.

I need to know.

2. Think

Think New Member

bump, anyone?

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Contrary to what you might think, in the software realm, "Lifetime Updates" means that you get updates for for the lifetime of that softwares version. Major revisions are not normally part of the free updates life cycle. The PE version hasn't been in development for 2 years, and was replaced with the .Net version, a major release (not an update), around that time. That means 2 years ago DriverCleaner PE died (R.I.P). In those 2 years .Net has also been updated a couple times, and is not at v.3.3. If/when it goes to version 4, you can assume you'd have to purchase that new version to get continued support, but until then those that bought version 3 can and are still able to update.

2 things:

1) The new version is only $10
    2) Stop using the PE version on Vista x64 as from what I remember there are issues with running it on that version. 32bit was fine, but 64bit wasn't. I can't remember the specifics, but I just remember that it was risky to do so.

4. Think

Think New Member

So I should wait for version 4 then.

5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Sorry. Wish I could help you on that one, but I don't know what Spike has planned release wise.

6. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

version 3 will stay for a while longer, at the moment i am not planning version 4.