Problems installing new omega drivers

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Greylock, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Greylock

Greylock New Member

Hi!

Running an ASUS AEX800XT and newest omegadrivers wont let me install them. Whenever i try to install it via the startmenu option i get the message that the drivers are not compatible with the videocard installed in my system.

Tried installing 5.11 omegas after, same problem, after some playing around i downgraded to 2671 again, as i was running them earlier. Any clue how i can force the drivers to isntall?

I also got 2 unknown devices in device manager after installing the omega 2671 drivers, maybe some weird feature of my ASUS card?

Running a fresh windows install btw, so no remains of old outdated drivers etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

[edit]
    Ok, figured out that the unknown device problem was related to a missing WDM/VIVO driver, downloaded the official one from ati and no more unknown devices :).

Still got the problem of the newest Omega driver not installing :(
    [/edit]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you try DH ZP 5.13 drivers ;)

3. Greylock

Greylock New Member

lol, shameless advertising :p

Well, do they work with ATT? I guess id have to install the standard version right? Might give them a try, but for now the 5.12 omegas are doing fine, manually installed them from the inf file, then used the startmenu option to reinstall them (to make sure all those tweaks are in :)).