Problems Updating Driver for ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by pikabi, Sep 12, 2006.

1. pikabi

pikabi New Member

Hi,

I'm using ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 on Windows XP, and it seems the only way I can update my display drivers is to download and install the ATI Catalyst Control Center and then use the DHmod Tool. Before I do this, I know I have to remove all my old display drivers. I've done this by following the instructions to remove display drivers on the ATI site: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=20870
    I also used the Manual Removal method that is described. I also tried using Driver Cleaner Pro. Despite all this, every time I reboot, an ATI driver shows up again in Add/Remove Programs. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Also, when I run the Catalyst Control Center (version 6.8) .exe file and then the DHmod Tool, it says that "An older set of Catalyst drivers has been detected in the ATI/Support folder, please remove the ATI folder and start over again," even though the only files in there are those that were extracted from the Catalyst Control Center .exe file that I just ran.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. patje

patje Former Mobility Modman

Well depending on what package you downloaded, the driver is already included in the CCC.
    Check the new Modtool version, there is also a userguide in the zip file which explains it more detailed.