ProFX:ADC - select input device from Windows Recording

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Srele, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Srele

Srele New Member

Hello,
    This is my first post here, but I read this forum and use KX drivers for few years.
    OK, here are my details:

Sound card: SBLive! Value CT4832
    KX Version: 3550 Debug

I use ProFX and LMVol plugin packs, and all work fine, but I need little more control. Sometimes I need to record something from Line_In, sometimes from Aux or Mic etc... In some recording software there is settings for recording device but it doesn't work because I don't use "prolog" in DSP.

There is no more registers left to import prolog in DSP, is there any other solution? Maybe some plugin like LMVol but to show sliders in Windows Recording Mixer like in Windows Playback Mixer.
    In Win Rec Mixer I have only one slider "Recording Mixer" that acts like Master volume control for recording.

Here is picture of my DSP window. I use swaped Front-Rear outs for better quality.

[​IMG]

P.S
    Sorry for my bad eng. ;)

Attached Files:

• DSP.png
      DSP.png
      File size:
      141.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry, there is nothing that we can do about that,,, kX does not provide that functionality in the Windows Mixer. LMVol works because kX provides two dummy sliders in the playback mixer that can be assigned to plugins, but there is nothing similar in the recording mixer.

3. Srele

Srele New Member

OK, that is bad news for me... :(
    But how is creator of LMVol import these two dummy sliders in Playback and cannot do it for Recording Mixer???
    I'm sure that something can be done. What about editing .inf files, or some reg values? Windows MUST store device list for Rec Mixer somewhere...

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

LMVol does not add any sliders, they are already there (provided by the kX driver, and LMVol just connects to them).

i.e.
    The plugin does not directly communicate with the slider(s), the plugin communicates with kX and kX communicates with the (it's) slider(s).

You cannot just hack in a slider, as it needs to communicate with the driver (e.g. the driver needs to be able to change it's value, and it needs to be able to notify the driver when it's value has changed, etc).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  5. Srele

Srele New Member

Uff.... I give up then...
    Don't know why but I was thinking that 'prolog' gives me new sliders in Win Rec Mixer but I just tried to reintialize DSP to default state and there is no new sliders beside one "Recording Mixer"... :(

Can I ask developer(s) to add this to new version PLS?
    This functionality is needed by more people than you think.