ProFX plugins FXBus outputs 32-63

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by unaHm, May 7, 2012.

1. unaHm

unaHm New Member

Dear all,

I was wondering if it was possible to access FXBus outputs 32-63 on my Audigy2 ZS using the ProFX Src plugin. At the moment I can only access FXBus 0-31, so these plugins may not be correct for this application.

I've also read that certain DSP plugins aren't compatible with each other, so if anyone has any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated!

I did recently create a thread that was along similar lines, but after experimenting I have a clearer idea of what I want to do:

kXSynth 1, Channel 1 -> FXBus32&33 -> ASIO 0&1

Which feeds into my software. Afterwards:

FXBus0&1 -> Analogue output (be it through k2lt or another plugin).

I intend on doing this for at least 8 MIDI channels, possibly more when some of them only need to be mono. I may use some of the hardware DSP effects as some of them look pretty cool, and would be interesting to experiment with! For those plugins I can't find, I'll apply VST effects to thos tracks as they come into the DAW.

I can also record the tracks individually and simultaneously, as well as a master mix.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give!

Kind Regards,

unaHm

2. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

I thought Default->FXBus2 gave access to FXBus33+

3. unaHm

unaHm New Member

It does, but I can't seem to get it to output a signal...do the ProFX plugins cause problems even if they're only loaded into the same DSP space?

EDIT: I've tried using FXBuus2 -> asio0-15 on the epilog plugin, but that didn't seem to work either - maybe I had an incompatible plugin loaded in to the DSP again at that point...

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  4. unaHm

unaHm New Member

kxdsp-attempt1.jpg

Here's the DSP routing I have. FXBus2 has FXBus32-47 going to asio 0-15 in the epilog.

Audio is shown coming into the DAW, and a master mix is set to kXout0&1

FXBus has FXBus0&1 going to the Analog front left & right inputs in the epilog.

ASIO is set in the DAW to use all 16 inputs and outputs, as I remember with the SBLive that not doing this would give undesired results.

5. unaHm

unaHm New Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but seeing as a couple of years have passed (!) I was wondering if anyone has had success with this kind of routing.

Essentially I want to make my card into a sound module, routing the outputs from each channel to two ASIO inputs (giving me eight tracks of stereo recording...or more if some instruments are mono).

At the moment with 3551, the output from the DAW (REAPER) is extremely loud, and only sending the left channel. I've attempted to make more changes with the kX Router, to no avail.