Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by SuperVisor, Nov 29, 2006.

1. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

Sorry if I put it in the wrong thread didn't know which came close to the problem I'm having. I got LCD HDTV made by Samsung. Got component cables for it hooked it up to my dvd player tried running it in 480p. But the movies I tried the image just shakes or I get black screen saying not supported. I only got one movie to work Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift with no problems. Movies work fine in 480i but can't get it to work 480p. Have tried three dvd players get the same result. Does the movie need support for it to work. Or can there be something wrong with the tv. It's my first LCD HDTV. Thanks for any help I can get.

2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

moved to hardware forum :)

3. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

does the LCD TV AND dvd player say they support 480P?

What specific model LCD and DVD layer do you have?

4. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

Yes they both support 480p the model number for the tv. Samsung LNS2352W, Pioneer DVR-RT501

5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

some dvd players have the button progressive on the front of the player.... what happens if you turn on progressive scan? is the screen black with no sound or it just doesn't load?

usually i would try another dvd player on the tv first if something like this happens.... dvd players differ a lot.