PS3 Get it whilst its "hot"?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by MiDri, Jul 14, 2007.

1. MiDri

MiDri New Member

So there is rumor that the 60gig ps3 is going to go bye bye, or at least they are going to go software backwords compatibilty instead of hardware (sorta like how 360 does it.) I'm really thinking about grabbing one whilst they are $499. Have you guys heard news or have any comments?

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

That is not a rumor,this was announced at the E3 show yesterday (News Link is Here).

The ps3 has also reported to be limiting the amount of backward compatibility listings available.

3. MiDri

MiDri New Member

So defintly a good idea to pick one up before they start sucking, more?

4. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Don't worry about availability of the 60GB PS3, SCEA have shipped 2.5 (Of which most are 60GB) mil to date, yet NPD data shows they have only sold 1.2 million, so they aren't going to run out any time soon.

5. mike2h

mike2h New Member

i got mine yesterday.
    depends what you mean by 'soon'. they are predicting that supplies of the 60gig will pretty much dry up by the end of the month. while this may be optimistic, i think that this time next month isnt.

6. Markius

Markius New Member

imo playing ps2 games on a ps3 really doesnt matter at all, i have barely enough time to play the new games coming out without bothering with the old gems (or whatever you want to call em ;))

as for the HDD, lowering the size of it to save on cost is also a decent idea, if you use the console for gaming only 20g is pretty much enough. Just make it so u can upgrade the HDD if you need more space.

now all they need to do is stop hammering "sony tech" down our throats :p

7. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Markius I see you have a 360 but for the ps3 players they don't really have that many good games to play and in turn are forced to paly the old PS2 games...

I am not sure if you have one or not but I am happy I bought my 360 since every game I want is either on both systems or only on the 360 and I saved myself money!