PS3 is "way way more powerful than Xbox 2"

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Wunderchu, Mar 4, 2005.

1. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

PC has done that countless times?

and xbox has one thing over PS2, modding capabilties so you can store your movies and stuff. but that turns it into a media center and complicates the damn thing, and goes back to it being a pc basically. but out of the box, the PS2 has a better library of games with the games with better gameplay. there are no XBOX exclusive RPG titles that have made an impact on the gaming world yet but sony and super nintendo did that within their first 2 years

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Here's the major faults:

Sony has stuffed so many game creators pockets to make any and every game built for the PS2.... (CON)

Other then that, i'd have to complain about the PS/2 being more of a MAC then anything.... :p

Xbox is a PC in a box, built with ease of use, reguardless, it's a console out of the box. It's superior in terms of being highly expandable. And weather anyone likes it or not, the xbox is growing and isn't going to go away, frankly, it's going to turn into another Sony product in terms of stuffing money in creators pockets again, however it has a huge advantage in terms of tools to create games, and being easily cross platform capatible... PC.... in which case, you make your disicion, PC or Xbox? don't get both....

Gamecube is more a PC/Mac combo, basically taking advantage of both worlds that the PS/2 and Xbox hold dear.... Copying GC games is freaking hard in comparison as well.. it's about 1/3 the price the ps2 or xbox even today. I can pick up a GC easily for 60-70 bucks... while i'm still having a hard time finding a damn PS2 for under 175-200 bucks or the xbox being a smidge above that.....

Nintendo had more then a couple of years to make the first smash RPG..... it took them ages..

Microsoft just got started, getting a good RPG today is somewhat tough.... Sony wouldn't have had any good RPGs in the first few years if it weren't for Nintendo getting rid of some of thier own....

Any major RPGs that sony has today were orginally from the nintendo to start off with anyways.... :p

3. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i will agree that sony took a lot of licences for RPG games from nintendo, actually final fantasy decided their life or death against sega. but PS3 will be powerful, i don't mind they are with nvidia as long as they deliver tough performance like the 6800 series of cards. i haven't had a good experience with nvidia products and never any with ATI so I prefer ATI, but im not a fanboy.

4. Judas

I'm a PVR fanboy :D ;)

5. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

I enjoy games on my TI-89 calculator (Viva la greyscale 7!) more then most PS2 games...sorry guys.

PS3 will be doom 3...in hardware form. "Damn this is amazing and can do ANYTHING....too bad it's freakin boring/useless in it's current incarnation"

XBox 2 will be a SFF on crack(I've heard the big g word thrown around a few times ;) )

6. Judas

I'm awaiting what the revolution is saposed to bring to the table... someone mention holographics/getting rid of the TV alltogether.... even support VR completely..... Are you ready for the new incarnation of the Super Scope?

IMO..... i haven't a clue... nobody really does....

7. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

Yep, i think that sums up this discussion pretty good. Will just have to wait and see what the companys gonna bring to the table.

8. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i already know what ill be getting regardless.

most definatly be picking up a PS3 when it comes out, ive been a loyal sony fan since RE2 came out.

maybe a while after that ill pick up the Revolution if it happens to have games on it i like.

as for Xbox 2 or whatever it is. i highly doubt ill touch it. if theres games i like on xbox, they will almost with out fail come out to pc.

9. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

xbox is a piece of crap, but i still own one. :wtf:

10. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

xbox has only one thing going for them, and it's Halo.

11. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Dude you really are the biggest PS fanboi ive ever met. You must be on sonys payroll. Whats the PS got going for it? San andreas at 10fps?

12. pr0digal jenius

Halo is a knockoff of tribes anyways.

Tribes pioneered the "huge levels with tons of people and vehicles" thing.....hell..Halo doesn't even have rocket packs and changeable armor.

Sure it has single player, but it's mind numbing in it's repitition

I'm impressed with the XBox for other things....namely multimedia capabilities and surprisingly loyal ports of things like Metal Slug 3 and other little things....and their ability to hold good titles without paying off Rockstar or buying Polysoft ;)

13. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

lol .. good one man :rofl:

14. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I think all the companies have something going for it. MS and Sony know the capabilities of each others hardware, and are building there systems in response. Odds are someone is going to have the upper hand, but its not going to be much different that the current "console wars" BS. All the games are going to look similar, not identicle, but similar. The PC will still look better, but cost 100 time as much, and have fewer good games. Personally, I think the ps3 sound interesting because it uses cell tech., something I know very little about, but its still intriguing. XBOX 2 is going to be good, but more like the XBOX 1 in its marketing and economics and the next nintendo system is going to be the underdog, but is going to have all those great proprietary games.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to see something truely revolutionary, but I just don't see it happening. Each console is going to have its features, but each company is in the business of making money, as standing out on a ledge, changing the big money making formula (one which works great), is no way to do business, and they won't. This "console wars" is a great way to get people taking and create hype, but it is nothing more than that, free advertising and a way to create buzz.

15. pr0digal jenius

does sitting on the fence like that give ya a big wedgie? :lol:

j/k bud...you make some very good points :)

16. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i made my arguments before, please re-read them. i put out wut else xbox has many times, and no i do respect what sony and nintendo has done and do play their games.

17. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

:evil: PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC! :evil:

18. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Amen to that. :)

Gosh, I wonder how long that took to type... :dead:

Edit: I know she didn't necesserily type all that, but still...

19. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

LOL, ya got me [​IMG]. It does sound like that is what i am doing, but i truely don't see how this time around the console wars are going to be any different than the last one.

20. bug77

bug77 New Member

Why? All that needs to be rewritten is the compiler...