PSP Vs. DS

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by El_Roble, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I meant browsing... I dunno if the Opera is out yet, I don't follow DS much but in terms of functionality, there is no compariason.

Now what Nintedo fans say is that as a game console, the DS is better and I really can't agree on that. Each brings what it wants to the table. It's N64 vs PS2 and that shuts it up for me.

2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

good, finally seen sense then :)

for gameplay and console nintendo kicks sony all over the park ;)

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I prefer the DS. The PSP is too long.

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I own both the consoles and I really do LOVE the N64! GoldenEye, Zelda, Smash Bros, Conkers and all were some of my favorite games, but I was much younger back then.

On PS2, I adore games like Gran Turismo, MGS, POP, etc. I disagree richy, both are good, just depending on your style and all, one is better than the other. I can't play those old games anymore but I don't mind GT and MGS and all... Age acted like that on me!

5. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

Not directed at you Sandokypoo, just a general observance of people who didn't start playing video games until the playstation was released:

I don't understand how people can see a game with an ESRB rating of "Everyone" and not think that it's for everyone.

Everyone is everyone. From your mom to your grandma to your brother to your nephews to your neighbors' kids to you. That's right, you, the twenty-something gamer, are included in the set of everyone.

There's no hard and fast age where you stop thinking puppies are cute. Puppies are always cute. That's why they're for everyone. If anyone you hang out with has a problem with you thinking puppies are cute, then you need to start hanging out with people who don't suck.

Personal experience has given me the following position: anyone who won't play a game because it doesn't have a mature rating, is not mentally old enough to play games with a mature rating.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

nintendo beats the living shit outa everything currently out there in terms of gameplay and genres being available.

You want wicked sick hours of fun, nintendo will provide it.

IMO, the PSP has a cross between PS1 and PS2 graphics.... not sure what your smoking, but even tomb raiders legends on the PSP proves this.

And i can safely say that the DS Lite has GREAT contrast ratio, giving it a much brighter and cleaner image then the DS by far.

I still find for the price, i can pick up a laptop that would do circles around it.

7. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

If I were to pick up one of these two handhelds, I'd go for the DS, but honestly I don't see a purpose for getting either of them (for ME)

I don't have any long-distance commutes (I work like 5-10 minutes away, and if I WANTED to do something in the meantime I'd listen to my nice, 5GB creative mp3 player.. I don't need some "all in one" device when I've already got everything I want..)

And when I'm not at work, I'm at home, or hanging out with people, and it's really just rude to be playing games or music when you're with people

So if I were to get one, I'd go for the DS simply because.. it plays games, it's less expensive, there is a mass variety of games (on the PSP, most of the "cool" games are shoot-em-up or something involving death or something) and I don't need to get something that does everything all in one device becuase.. 1. I have the devices that I want, and they do what they're designed to do wonderfully, and 2. EVERYTHING is becomming an "all-in-one" thing

8. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

totaly agree with you Sandok. The DS is just a kids console and people are saying the games are better than the PSPs THEY ARE NOT! E.g. My Sister has a DS and she has 3 games Nintendogs Daschund, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing!!! You can't be saying that those games are better than e.g. I have a PSP and i have Pro Evo 5, Bunout Legends, NFS:MW 5-1-0, Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories and World Tour Soccer?? The games for the DS are just for children.

I will admit that there are features for the DS that i would like e.g. touch screen, better battery life, the sturdiness of the DS compaired to the PSP (psp gets scratched easily) but overall i think the PSP is the better one but you are all intitled to your own opinions and if you have a DS (or DS Lite) i hope you are enjoying it:D

edit: about the "which is brighter PSP or DS" i've taken some pics of my PSP and my sister's DS and see what you think? i personally think from looking at it with my eyes that the PSP is brighter but i don't know how bright the DS Lite is if someone could take a pic of theirs it would be a great help:D

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. YAYitsAndrew

10. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Cube's pics speak a different story but anywys, the diff is not WORLDS apart like the old DS and PSP but slightly different on the new ones. They compare very well.

And your ESBR rating is the lamest argument in the history of arguments. Just because it has the E doesn't mean it'll appeal to you :hmm:. Barbie Wonder land is also E and does that mean you'll like it? Not necessarily. Pokemon is a E game but does that mean you'll enjoy it? Not necessarily. Oh, and my fav game on PSP is E if ever :rolleyes:

What the hell is that puppie argument? I can't stand dogs... I hate puppies and I'm sorry, I don't find em cute. That's a personal opinion.... I find guns really awesome but doesn't mean EVERYONE does! Some people hate em :hmm:

There's no hard and fast age where you stop thinking puppies are cute. Puppies are always cute. That's why they're for everyone. If anyone you hang out with has a problem with you thinking puppies are cute, then you need to start hanging out with people who don't suck.

I don't know ANYONE who does that... I don't look at the rating on the game, I buy it. :rolleyes: Really dude, some of your arguments make me wonder :dead:

11. The Ender

The Ender The Last of the Eld

I'm sorry but that logic is completely flawed. You can't simply pick three games at random and judge the entire game library on those three alone. I don't know what the big deal is with everyone up-in-arms. They're two competing systems. Each will have their own supporters, who support their system of choice due to their personal preferences. What it all comes down to are three things:

-Money: Everything about the DS, from the system, to the games, is cheaper. You can also include here that you get what you pay for, in that the PSP is a technologically superior system.
    -Games: If you like Nintendo games, you'll like the DS. If you like Playstation games, you'll like the PSP.
    -Functionality: As of now, the DS is a portable gaming system. The PSP is a slew of other things, of which people have already stated. They were both made for different purposes, so determining what you want your handheld to do is part of the solution.

Neither system is "better" than the other, it just depends what you want to get. I wanted a gaming system that was affordable, and that supported the Castlevania franchise, and I already own an iPod and a laptop, so I went with the DS [​IMG]

12. Judas

lol... imo those 3 games listed are crap...

Get Super Maria bros or Metroid or some other game that actually meets your "likes" other then obvious dislikes.

You think the DS is a kids gameing machine, your on crack and your lieing to yourself, shutup before you further prove that your a moron. Seriously it's getting out of hand that people label things like that out of just a few games thier "baby sister" or whomevers younger brother.... friend.. whatever happens to have the sucker and playing the games THEY specifically enjoy.

I'm not going to walk into someone elses favorite restaurant and order something i personally don't like and then blame the restuarant for it all calling it absalute shit. It doesn't make any logical sense at all.

Nor will i grab a PS3 and then the most unlikely game i'd play on there like a weird genre that i typically never play or like and call it my own review and base everything off that. It's both idiotic/moronic/stupid and outright ilogical. Only time i'd ever do that is if i was a biased stuborn asshole.

Sorry but it's pretty much the drift i get from some of the things being said, it doesn't make sense, there is no logical reasoning behind it. You either like it or "haven't really tried it" or dislike it with at least some form of valid reasons such as no games i'm currently interested in, or didn't like how it felt in the hands or how to use it. NOT it didn't have any games i'm interested in and therefore no one else will like and they seem way to kiddish for anyone over the age of 8 to play.

13. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

Judas & The Ender - i was just using those games as an example i wasn't trying to judge the whole gaming range purely on those three games. o.k maybe using my sis wasn't the best example i'll admit but what i was generally saying that there are more Nintendo DS games that are aimed at kids then on the PSP. For some people that's great some people don't like shooting games and the like. But in my opinion thats what i disklike about the DS as there aren't many games that i like due to that reason.

If i get some DS games that are what i like i might like the DS but i'm just saying that the PSP gaming range gives me more variety as PSP games are aimed more at my liking.

Anyway i think we are getting a bit off topic as we are arguing badly about what is better and slagging each other off in the process. El Roble - if you want a games console that can play mp3s, videos, surf the net etc get the PSP. If you want a games console that is cheaper than the PSP, games are cheaper, like the classic Mario games, has twice as many screens as the PSP etc get the DS (or preferably the DS Lite)

also sos for any offence i've caused:(

14. YAYitsAndrew

Lawl Sandok you read everything but the first sentence. The one that said I wasn't talking about you.

15. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

Here's the same game, Ridge Racer, released on both system and a screenshot from each.

DS:
    [​IMG]

PSP:
    [​IMG]

Any questions?

16. Markius

Markius New Member

not sure exactly what you are saying here, but cubes pics are ALL of the OLD DS...wich not one person here has said is brighter than the PSP.....

and as for the pathetic argument that DS has kids games only..its BS...
    if i was lame i could say somthing like this...

"OMGZ DS is the bestest it has resident evil and metroid...mad shooterz and gore!!!!111!!, PSP has games for kids like Daxter, Cars and lemmings !!!!111one!

do you see my point with that (rather retarded) statement?

its like some have said, it comes down to what you want, and what works best for you, i dont want a PSP, the games on it i have played 2 years ago on my PS2 in most cases..i dont have time to replay games again! (not saying DS hasnt released some remakes, but no where near as many as PSP)

as for the power of the machines...N64 vs PS2? drugs are bad mmmmk?
    the DS is more powerful than a N64, while the PSP is NOT as powerful as a PS2...... the PSP has more graphics muscle hands down, i wont deny that, but keep the false comments like that out pls, ppl who want to decide what they want may be reading :rolleyes:

17. Markius

Markius New Member

i love it, you post a screen shot of an ancient N64(re-release) version of RR vs a brand new system exclusive version for PSP :lol:

not even going to waste my time commenting on that :bleh:

nobody (that ive noticed) has said the DS has more graphics muscle.....pointless posts FTW!

18. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

Mark both games where released for both system check it out before you say one is for N64. http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=919006 there the link of DS version than compare. Both system have there good games and bad one too. It all depends of what companys can do with there budget in creating the game and taking there time to do it right. Most time the graphics are good but the response on the controls they don't get it right or vice versa.

19. YAYitsAndrew

It's Ridge Racer!

RRRRRRidge Racer!

20. Judas

Port over vs New..

reguardless not a very good comparison...

Look at Metroid Hunters... and then report back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.