Python

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Transk53, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Curious to know if members chose to just learn to prog with no actual intent of using it in a professional intent. Found a set of tutorials on the net that were kinda saying yeah man, #### it, why not. Yeah, the PR was enticing, but any members with Python skills set that could impart some advice on what kind of overall plan one should set to acchieve something that is meaningful.

If HTML was something that a member wanted to learn, it would obviously have a main outcome. I just want to scratch an itch simply because I negelcted this topic matter some time ago. Could I get what I want with just the intent to know programming?

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about Python or what it's major applications are. If someone wanted to get into programming then wouldn't C++ or Javascript be a better option?

I have been working in Actionscript over the last year or so. Looking to develop into Javascript and then maybe C++ with a view to working more in that field. I have found Actionscipt and Javascript to be quite similar.

Seems HTML5, Javascript and C++ are the way to go at present but I think if you get to grips with programming in any language it can set you with the mindset to develop in other areas.

My first venture into coding was when I was a kid. I wanted to develop games for the ZX Spectrum and the word was you needed to know machine code to create proper games. I bought a book on machine code programming and it went about a million miles over my head. Put me right of the subject for years.

3. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I know it is a difficult thing to approach. Reading your third line though, the logic is precise. I hear you on the machine code. I think my first look at some of the code was on a 80286. Having traits of Autism meant that if I could not see the natural patterns, I was scared into total destruction up stairs. Hence that is my desire rather than hoping to employ that particular skills set in the RW. Got an itch that needs to be nailed.

4. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

5. overclockmylife

overclockmylife New Member

Codecacademy.com
    This is perfect for you. It is literally exactly what you want and it wont take you long.