Quake Wars not releasing till 2008?

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Vikingod, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Source: CVG

ET: QW publisher Activision has revealed in a recent financial report that it's moved the release window of the game to its fiscal 2008 year, which runs from April 2007 to March of next year.

Querying the publisher's UK arm about the Enemy Territory release date earlier, we were told the game "will be done when it's done".

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is a team- and class-based online mutiplayer FPS that finds the Strogg war machine battling Earth's Global Defense Force.

2. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Goddamnit, this better not be true.

3. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

Meh. You're missing some information here. Quake Wars is arranged for Q1 of fiscal year 2008. It's been said in Splash Damage forums and Quake Wars is most likely to be released in April. Period!

4. Drakon

Drakon New Member

I can wait. If it means producing a more polished game, then I definitely can wait. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet! ;)

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

2008? Fuck that. Quake Wars isn't exactly revolutionary it's pretty plain in fact and it needs to come out in the next few months to fill the gap that BF2 and BF2142 have left in quality bug free teamplay FPS. By 2008 we'll have other games and Quake Wars will have missed the boat.

6. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

agee with you there omega, they might be push,n it

7. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Bummer! Why's it takin' so long??? Can't these folks just suck it up and get it done?

Then again, if it shipped with a game that was too short or did not include all the polished features fans expect, they'd get ripped all the same.

Oh man...

8. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

If it is or will be delayed it will be for good reason. Activision usually knows what its doing in terms of the quality of the game.

From the last video I saw, I was unimpressed. It was very bland compared to the screenshots and the gameplay looked pretty plain also. Like Battlefield 1942 (+add-ons) mixed with 2142 just in the quake universe.

So I can wait as long as I get a quality game that will have quality patches.

And also as long as it is not made (published) by EA. Hopefully Quake Wars will annihilate the BF series forever.

Anything that hurts EA's pocket is good in my book.

9. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Give me a break, Omega. As the article states, the fiscal year runs from April 2007 to March 2008. So lets see, Splash Damage has.....uhmmm I dunno, 9 months out 12 in 2007 to release the game. Talk about selective reading! Of course, they could release a half assed product now to please the impatient/whiny gamers out there and then have the rest of the year to endure all the bitching and moaning from said gamers when the game is buggy, performs poorly and looks like crap.

If they are using the extra time to bring a more polished game, I can wait!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  10. technonerd

technonerd New Member

What's the matter , have ANY of you make game ? I doubt it.

You guys don't know what the story, they've might have encounter problems. I like battlefield but damn, so much buggy when it release and it really really touch my nerves.

I rather play the game stablity then dealing with problem, it's not fun. I'm glad they care about us and decide to postponed. I can wait.

11. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I can certainly understand that. But it is a bit of a letdown that it's delayed, is all.

12. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Ya ya Mr. fancy pants colored font, I went to totalQuakeWars and read the full article after I posted here and it said April 2007 is likely release date. Something is definitely messed up with the game because I read posts from the beta testers 6 months ago and they said the game was done.

I completely agree with that, when I saw the video it confirmed my worst fears that this game would be a total bore. The concept never blew me away from the beginning as it sounds like you're at the mercy of noobs to help you win but I'm so desperate for a BF2 killer I try not to think of how ET:QW might suck.

13. Drakon

Drakon New Member

:lol:

14. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Beta testers usually aren't hired because they are intelligent. They are hired because they can't find jobs anywhere else and are lazy as f*ck

Kinda like most college profs who can't make it in the real world so they teach.

15. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

As far as I know they weren't paid beta testers but a few of them had suggested the game was bug free and they were confident it would be released soon. That was last fall :(

16. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

How do we know they were beta testers at all?

17. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Usually beta testers aren't paid. Quality Assurance Testers are paid though.

18. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I thought beta testers got a free version of the game?

19. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

One posted a pic of his Quake Wars CD and him playing the game :D In his estimation the game was ready to ship but I dunno what happened after that.

20. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

There are balance issues. They made 2 completely different factions and they need to balance them out. It's not like easy reskin and remodel some things. Balance is everything and even slightest exploit could ruin it. Just be patient, they will release Quake Wars in April and QW is going to own.