Question about Lucid Virtu Nvidia & 2600K HD video decode

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by me972, Sep 26, 2011.

1. me972

me972 Active Member

HI every one..

I have a problem in need of a solution. :D

Got a new rig, Z68 fatality 1 pro gen 3 with 2600K cpu and i installed my old gtx275 on the system (till new gpu gen comes out soon )

I wanted to know if there was a way to use the HD3000 on the 2600K CPU to decode video playback in media player?

I added the wmplayer.exe to the virtu application list and got an error message from wmplayer that it wasn't able to play the selected file. same error when it doesn't support the codec used.

is this possible??

thanks and regards
    Me972

2. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Is there any particuar effect that the Intel GPU offers you that the NV doesnt? If its just about perfomance I would say that your CPU will handle any sort of playback fine with loads of resource to spare.

From experience I have to say its not worth the bother of using the Lucid stuff unless you really need to.

3. me972

me972 Active Member

the Nvidia card offers very good graphics i just wanted to save on power consumption. since the for Video decode and playback the Intel HD is more than enough..

is the only option i have is to connect the screen with the second input port to the motherboard HDMI/VGA output? can't I use VIRTU to do the decoding on the CPU and transfer the output through the Nvidia display output?

thanks
    Me972

4. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Unless the Lucid software can turn off the GPU completely, you haven't much to gain. The GTX275 uses barely any more power in Blu-Ray playback than it does at idle.

(Source)

5. me972

me972 Active Member

thanks !