Question on temp 2 on msi 970 gaming board

Discussion in 'MSI UK Forum' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

[​IMG]
    So far I have at 4.2ghz on air and running on prime 95 so far it's passing nothing to worry right? I'm sure it's like that on default speeds. I know anything above 65c is bad for amd cpu chip right? Anyone knows what temp 2 means? I'm running in 78f in my room I have portable AC pvc window one what sucks ax broken in the house good way to stress pc right now hehe

2. MSIRawZ

MSIRawZ MSI UK Rep

Does it change at all? Sometimes 3rd party software can't pick up every sensor on the motherboard and so it's usually a frozen value that doesn't change every second like the others. Let me know.

Robert McClelland likes this.
  3. Robert McClelland

Is 70c max for my current amd fx 6350 chip on safe oc on air?

4. Robert McClelland

5. MSIRawZ

MSIRawZ MSI UK Rep

70C is fine on air under load. I presume your using Prime95 for that value? - If so then gaming situations shouldn't go above 60C (unless very CPU intensive but no where close to a stress test like P95). P95 and other stress test apps are the worst case senerio situations so day-to-day use and gaming won't be stressed that much under load. As long as you keep it under 80C during P95, there shouldn't be an issue.

6. Robert McClelland

Thanks for the answer another question is why is my Ethernet light blinking why power is off on the computer? Anyway are you impress with my scythec cooler? Ya all stress test was done on prime 95 64 bit.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

hardware monitor frequently reports that specific value as double it's actual value.... why they haven't fixed this is beyond me... as it's been reported as a problem from the beginning when it first came up...

When i had my system in a negative degree environment.... it reported double the opposite direction....

for example when it was 5*C ambient... from a cold boot after sitting all night, the system reported 16*C the moment i got into windows (the rest of the system was 8*C, so why would the one and only temp sensor report something exactly double that of everything else... i can't see it getting that hot that quickly).

When it was -15*C in one of the rooms, hardwaremonitor reported that the same sensor showed -24*C..... this would account for system startup rising in temperature 3 degrees, which would produce a -12*C for the other sensors... however this one reporting would show double the value ... which meant -24*C..... and we all know that something like this doesn't suddenly get twice as cold for no apparent reason.