question

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by ptsigas, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

ok- bios flashed asus a8r320mvp deluxe mobo
    games run great! crysis kicks ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

hl 2 cod 4- stranglehold.. timeshift , jericho.lots of games run great now

BUT my dvd is not recognized anymore...? my DVD ROM that is- updated firmware no problem.

but it does not get recognized in in 32 or 64....

see my HD runs so slow i think the drivers from the MOBO are lost- i have the cd so i wanna install em- but i cannot because its not recognized now..

if i install the mobo drivers from the cd think this will help- i think it will-

but how do i get my dvd back up? i took it out of pc put it back..looked for drivers fro mobo they have none- the chipset ones- only regarding sata...nothing about ide controllers oranything i need those/1

anyways rock ongame on thanks in advance!

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If it were mine, I'd simply grab the motherboard drivers from the website, save 'em to disk and run the installation from there. Once done, keep your fingers crossed that your DVD drive comes back online.

Now, I've also done this: Shutdown the PC. Turn it off and unplug it for 3-5 minutes. Plug it in again. Start it up and see if the DVD drive is recognized in the POST screen. (I disable any LOGO image from showing so that I can see what devices are getting recognized during POST.)

If you see the DVD drive during POST, just continue into Windows and wait to see if any new hardware is recognized.

Good luck!

3. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

I had this problem with a client's computer.....there is a registry file that sometimes corrupts and you have to delete a certain value to fix it.....that is if your computer give you an error such as "drive installed but not found"

basically the HDD was recognized but the CD drives were not.....however.....they were also older drives to a new system (no available drivers)

4. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

ok the bios recognizes it..hmm i think ill just do a repair install of win 64? i unplugged the dvd (power and ide cable) for 1 week re plugged restarts and BIOS picks it up just not windows (neither version)- the problem with ASUS.com is that they dont have the specific chipset package that the CD that i have has

they have BIOS updates and raid crap onboard sound...etc.

it believe the problem is that registry that you guys mentioned.

ill run cracpcleaner (actual name of program! great program!) - ill see if that can do something- hopefully it can..because this

HD is so slow right now..and its not a virus because when i get into a game..there is a bit of a wait- but only 3 min max now- (before though crysis loaded in less than a min with intro disabled)...but if i want to unzip or INSTALL a game..oh man...im talking over 1 hr (iM DEAD FRAGGING SERIOUS!!!)- 1 hour- never happened 2.5 weeks ago it was great...installed stalker in...6 min>? 8 mayhaps 10 TOPS- but..1HR!?! HL2 EP2 = 1h.35min- NO JOKE it was bad..AND when pc installs or unpacks now i cant DO ANYTHING- the CPU LOAD IS 50-100% on BOTH cores! its nuts...

i also tried plugging in another dvd rom and also a CD rom taht didnt do anything..

well thanks again and ill keep post if anything changes or doesnt change.

5. Prospero424

Prospero424 New Member

Yeah, I believe you're having software I/O problems. I think that board uses a ULi south bridge, which aren't the best. But it should work better than that.

Try getting your drivers here (under socket 939 motherboards):

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

If that doesn't work, you could try getting southbridge drivers from ULi directly, but they could be difficult to track down.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  6. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

you might want to look into this fix by M$

Problems When You Swap a CD-ROM During Hibernation in Windows XP

sorry i could not help any further. i was searching google for this same issue. i had the exact same issue as you describe on a client's machine once, and it was a simple registry issue that needed to get fixed followed by a re-boot.

7. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

thanks for the help guys- i did get the uli drivers already- didnt help :(

i have a feeling its having 2 OS's mabye i installed something incorrectly.

i dont use winxp32 anymore- even the older games run great with64 thanks to wowx86 business :)

so im giong to get rid of winxp32- going to transfer any important files to my larger HD then format it in windows- use that Xtra 80gb for work or something.

the only thing im worried about is that drive was my primary, but im running WINXP64 off of a sata- which is on a seperate disk alltogether- and its own partition within this disk- getting RID of C: shouldnt matter should it? i dont think so- considering its seperate.

post will detect the other MBR anyways.

thanks again - game on- oh and i had this bios flashed but i had this issue with the SLOW HD and performance BEFORE the bios update..

8. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

well i finally got it all resolved- it was an IO issue- so i decided the hell with 32bit- fully formatted drive C- and installed win64 on it- great move! as for the dvd it finally is detected :) after installation it was not- so i just unplugged the power- restarted pc and replugged it!

my other HD wasnt even showing up- so i did the same thing- and boom back with no data loss! i was scared i would lose data just due to bad luck! anyways everything is FINALLY back to normal! now 700MB takes only 27 seconds to extract- 1gb around 1 min..max- woohooo!

thanks for the big help guys!