Questions regarding AMD Athlon 3200+

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Trunkzeh, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Trunkzeh

Trunkzeh New Member

Hey folks, I have an Athlon XP 3200 CPU, and I'm wondering how I could unlock the multiplier on it, so that I can overclock it. Mobo and rest of PC details are in my sig, if ya need it ;)

2. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

3. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

From what I hear the pin mod is supposed to work well (google for Athlon XP pin mod thats all I could dig up) and even then its not supposed to work on late model AXP's.

Im still gonna try it and if not I'll do the "turn it to an AXP mobile" trick

4. Trunkzeh

Trunkzeh New Member

Bleh, that article wasnt exactly rather clear lol.. I mean, where the heck's the detailed pictures roflmao.. I dunno too much about raisin the FSB, as the last time I did that, the PC somewhat decided to hang on the Windows boot screen..

5. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Then thats an indication that your video card or ram or PCI cards don't like being pushed.

6. Mangekyou_S

Mangekyou_S New Member

If Windows hangs due to increasing the FSB, try increasing the chipset voltage . . .

7. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Hey trunk, would you want to try this mod? http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

If you tried it and got it to work I'd be very interested in knowing how it went! I'd also be able to help you go through with it..... I'm just nervous on doing it on hardware I depend on for my income hehe.... but if you tried it and got it to work I'd do it. Sorry to guinea pig you but hey.... if it works you could OC the hell out of that thing

8. Trunkzeh

Trunkzeh New Member

By the looks of things from that page, its somewhat easy. But the fact that this is my only CPU, and it kinda cost me quiet a bit.. The only setting that I'm going to do on the CPU (if I will that is) is to simply 'apply' the unlock of upto 12.5x multiplier method on the CPU, as I can set everything else through the motherboard.

9. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Yeah thats what I wanna do....get the 5 - 12.5x multipliers free so I can let loose with my shiny ram :D

10. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

what you do is up the FSB, and lock the ram @ 400mhz,
    assumeing you board has that feature

11. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

It doesn't and I don't wanna lock the RAM... I can run it at DDR400 fine but I'd prefer to be able to take the FSB up to 220 or so with the RAM at tight timings... which I know it can do... and besides the PCI bus caps at about 37Mhz and right now its at 34 or so if I OC just a tad...barely pushing it! :lol: