Quick Guide - get extra inputs on your card.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dj_stick, Jul 14, 2004.

1. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

kX doesn't support 24/96 YET, but it is under development for AUDIGY 2 CARDS ONLY

WDM recording works fine.

2. Mr_sampler

Mr_sampler New Member

o i c... that means i'll have to use creative's own drivers, right? -and still get those 24 bits?, till i get the kx updates

3. Toadly_Ossum

Toadly_Ossum New Member

if you have a spare audio jack on the case (or can put one there) connect it to the CD_IN or AUX_IN on the card
    start -> run type command
    type kxctrl --gui
    type sac97 2 0
    type shw 19 1

DJ_Stick could explain the results of these commands.

Im trying to get the max out of my audigy/live drive. As I understand you wrote

"This enables the routing of the rear line-in port to the higher quality I2S codec, and this port should be used when you need the highest possible quality possible with these cards."

1. Im my DSP am using ProFX SCR set to "AC97LineIn", where will the rear LineIn signal appear after this change?

2. Does this split the signal from Rear MicIn so that I set a seperate SCR input for it? or does this edit have to use the analog cd-in on the internal jack?

3. How do you un-do this change (if i screw something up) ?

Thanks

Toad

4. Nappylady

Nappylady New Member

Toad:

1. The rear jack line-input will appear under "AC97/2".
    2. I don't know the answer to this one, but I seem to recall some reason that you can't split the line and mic, even though you can split the line and AUX.
    3. Hitting the "reset AC97" button will revert everything to defaults, unless you *REALLY* screw something up.

5. Toadly_Ossum

Toadly_Ossum New Member

Ive made the changes in the command prompt (they seem to have been accepted) but no signal thru AC97/2. Any clues?

Toad

6. Samir

Samir kX Lover

Try using 3538h version, you don't have to enter any commands, there is this green "Route LineIn to I2S" button wich does everything for you... To get proper input from LineIn to SRC, besides executing these commands (or pressing green button in 3538h), you'll need to MUTE EVERYTHING BUT LineIn in AC97 page & select Mic or Aux as AC97 source if you want to use it as separate channel(s)...

good luck!

7. Spielfreek

Spielfreek New Member

Toad
    I have not seen this reported anywhere, but in my setup, I put in the command "kxctrl -sac97 2 0", and the music suddenly came out of AC97/2. I then typed in "kxctrl -shw 19 1" and it stopped!! So I then typed in "kxctrl -sac97 2 0" again, and the music came out again, so I left it at that. Seems to work for me but don't know why (have been using this for a week or more now). Hope this helps!

One thing I have been investigating tonight is the FX bus 13/14 outputs. Do you get anything out of them (I don't, but in the help is says that you should)?

8. Samir

Samir kX Lover

"kxctrl -sac97 2 0" should be last command issued in Audigy1's case & only one in Audigy2's case...

9. Toadly_Ossum

Toadly_Ossum New Member

Cool I got it working, 3537, 8 Inputs with Audigy1 and Live drive! I did have to reset AC97 and DSP before I could get the Line In on AC97-2. Then setup my DSP from scratch. At 1st i was getting the line in on both inputs and realized you have to mute AC97-2 on the AC97 mixer page. I used the CD-In and a case jack for AC97-1. Works great in Cubase SX2!

Thanks for your help guys
    This thread helped aswell http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=55697

Toad

10. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but i've been having some thoughts on 10k1 boards relating to this.

I read something a while back, i can't remember if it were here or on the kX website, but iirc there is a way to get more than one stereo input on a 10k1 board IF the card is in the digital output only mode.

Now i know this won't be useful for those with only a 10k1 board and no digital speakers, but it could be useful for someone with a pair of 10k1 cards (or one 10k1 and one 10k2) looking for more inputs.

If anyone has a 10k1 board and wants to try testing out my iea, please respond here

11. Nappylady

Nappylady New Member

Stick, this sounds interesting... what, exactly, is your idea? I've got a couple of live cards, and could get my hands onto digital speakers without too much fuss... I don't see quite where you're going with this, as there is still only one ADC on each card, so you'd still only be able to get 4 channels in... but you must be thinking something I'm not! :D

12. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Well my idea was to take advantage ofthe fact that apparently you can use more than one of the inputs on the ac97 codec if the card is in digital output only mode, i'm not sure how it works, or how to actually put this into action, but if you read-up on the kX website there should be some info there

i can't test this out as i don't have a 10k1 on me

13. proskrito

proskrito New Member

Hi! : )

14. willi neutron

willi neutron New Member

CAn I do this proyect whit my SB Live value ?
    thanks

15. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

you can connect extra inputs via the SPDIF_EXT header, though from memory you may only get one stereo input unless you also have the CD_SPDIF input aswell (enough for using onboard sound though)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  16. laserbeak

laserbeak New Member

would i be able to get 2 rca plugs and connect the analog cd cable wires directly to it from AUX_IN and split send the ground to both rca plugs and plug my gear to it safely?

17. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

yeah that should work fine (that's what i've done)

18. laserbeak

laserbeak New Member

sweet goin to radioshack to gear up

19. laserbeak

laserbeak New Member

20. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

that should do just fine

i myself just "modded" an existing motherboard audio bracket (changing the pinout a little) and hooked that up - had two 3.5mm jacks, allowing me to use the same bracket for both my cards (and for digital output should i ever need it)