R6 Vegas 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Markius, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

So...you give extra commands when you talk to someone over the mic and the game takes that as commands?

If you are not using the mic at the time, you can always just disable/mute it, right?

2. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

I'd like to try out giving commands via voice recognition but no idea how because there's no information available for it.

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

4. Trusteft

Found a solution for you :)

Before you load start a new game or load a save game go to options and make sure the speech rec is off and that the mic level there is at the min. Then start a game, when the level loads, go to the options and turn speech rec ON then OFF. Go back to the game. It should work. When you change level (and perhaps when you load a save game), you will need to repeat the process, but it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds or something. Have fun. :)

Shaga likes this.
  5. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Heh, gotta try that one. Thanks. :)

6. warshy

warshy New Member

game was pretty sweet, the endgame was really intense! the customization they let you do for a single player character is cool as well

only thing i didn't like was i was able to play with all my friends in coop story
    the four of us did vegas 1 together, but i was shocked to find that vegas 2 only allows one other companion! we did terrorist hunts together though, good times...good times

7. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

there was a decent amount of customization which i liked, i went for the classic r6 look with the mask and balistic helmet. I didn't like how they went unmasked and no helmets for the consoles few years back.

8. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

has good customization and good fitures,i find it abit sluggish in game play movement but other than that, cool game

9. Rahazan

Rahazan New Member

When I'm playing this game co-op it's just too easy! We always make the 2 AI allies stand somewhere and do nothing so we have something to do. You can die as many times as you want, as long as the other person stays alive.
    And erm, the snipers are a little bit overpowered

The customization part is great :) I love to go with full armor and a light machine gun ;)

10. kelticknight

theres new maps out

11. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

12. kelticknight

haven tryed yet but told are good

13. Trusteft

I finaly got to play the game. A friend gave me the PC version for about a week. I reached the end, or almost the end...after getting rid of that menace with the rockets I tried to get inside the court as I am supposed to through an opening, but there were no opening to go through! Parts of the fence were destroyed but I couldn't move over them. So I never actualy finished the campaign, but I feel like I did since the game has like one more fighting scene after that.

The greatest improvement of the game for me is the performance optimizations in the game. With the first game I keep getting some slow down in weird places with no enemies or action around and at times it feels a bit sluggish, but R6V2 has no such issues for me. Very smooth from beginning to, almost, end.
    The requirement to get experience points to unlock weapons and equipment would be cool, if not that most of the weapons were unlocked in the first game and it felt so much artificial and having to unlock them only to have it as a bullet point in a features list.
    Armour was kind of pointless as any extra didn't feel like actualy protecting you more at all, just slowing you down.
    The game length felt about the same, but I am not sure if it was. Some of the missions had parts where it was so obvious it was made in the same logic old side/vertical scrolling shoot 'em ups were. The enemy coming and shooting always from a specific point and pattern and you just HAD to follow a certain path and actions, to the letter, to get pass that chokepoint. I felt several times like quiting because of these, and I am not even counting the STUPID thing near the end with the rockets. Whoever thought about that must be a real *censored*.

The game still has some bugs, one of them so stupid that I don't know how it got through testing...
    Never played it online, but I never did the first one either. Don't care for it.
    While I would like to give it at least as high score as the first one, and the optimizations are just great, it just isn't as good of a game as the first one was. At least for single player action.

Rainbow Six Vegas (1) was my favourite FPS of the last few years and if I gave it 9/10, I would give the sequel a 7, at best.
    I am glad I never bought R6V2.

14. kelticknight

r6v2 i found sluggish ,like i was in slow motation,and still is for me,i didnt have that problem with version 1,i was hoping the updates would sort it and they didnt,have the same problem online so dont play online much

15. Rahazan

Rahazan New Member

16. warshy

warshy New Member