Radeon 9700 PRO BIOS v8.004

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by WarFlail, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Mike1

Mike1 New Member

Bios Flash

I think I did this already but I'll submit again. I flashed the ATI Bios and now I have no card. How do I recover??

2. blade5545

blade5545 Shoots first ask's questions later

Boot the system up with the PCI VIDEO CARD and the ATI CARD make the PCI CARD the default in the bios and reflash the ATI CARD with the old bios which I hope you saved if you did not you might be able to find a copy of the bios somewhere on the intenet.

3. tek

tek New Member

What would happen if I flashed my 9500pro with this 9700pro bios?

I currently have some sort of 9700pro bios flashed into my 9500pro that unlocks my overclocks, and it probably does more positive things. I'm just wondering if this 9700 bios would work for me?

4. WildChild

WildChild I'm Still Watching

Thats not a video bios problem , its a motherboard issue,if the board idnt allowing the 8x to run properly, I would check soyo for a mobo bios update.:cool:

5. WildChild

WildChild I'm Still Watching

As with any bios flashing its a risk....If a previous 9700 pro flash worked ...the newer one POSSIBLY will also, but I wouldnt wanna chance it not working and killing your card.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  6. Mike1

Mike1 New Member

Bios flash

Well Blade I did all of that with no joy. Message reads"ROM already programed" but the machine won't boot with the card set as primary. Why did I flash the bios you may ask-- I'm just a natural tinkerer.

7. Mike1

Mike1 New Member

Bios flash

Also wondering what the dif between AIW and regular 9700 pro cards ?? Anyone?

8. Konge Odin

Konge Odin New Member

Hi. It has been a while since I posted the last post here but I thought I should reply anyway.
    Last spring I got the card to work well with a new version of VIA 4 in 1 driver and Catalyst( I think it was Catalyst 3.1 and hyperion VIA driver). One week after my machine went to hell, or my graphic card did, with green stripes over the screen following walls and surfaces in 3d games.
    So I traded it in where I had bought it since everybody tat saw the error had to admit something was wrong now( they hadnt before because they where slick idiots). What I also found was that one of my ram bricks was broken to, they didnt find the error as usual but I did.
    They only used memtest86 and didnt find the error, but I also tried using Docmemory/Simmtester and found a memory error after ten minutes. Of course they didnt even bother to think about using to different programs to test the memory....

DocMemory are available as a freeware – which can be download from the CST website
    http://www.simmtester.com or http://www.docmemory.com .

I tried took it out and things worked and did not hang so often in 3d games. With my card switched to an AIW 9700pro (without remote :( "those slick ba*tards" )), and a new 512 ram brick, now 768 totally in my machine, everything ran flawlessly.

So as it turned out I was the victim of three errors.

1. Motherboard was not 100 % compatible with the 9700 Pro, because of driver issues with both VIA and ATI.
    2. One of my 256 ram bricks was broken, probably before I got the machine, those ba*****s.
    3. My 9700 Pro ceased to function correctly, probably boiled to death or something as the colors were wrong in surfaces in 3d games, I think it was the ram bricks on the card striking giving wrong data for the colors.

Now everything is running flawlessly and I always cranck up details to the max in every game at 1024 x 768 32bit.

And by the way the bioses have different version names.

My bios now is as it came with the card.

Bios version 008.004
    Bios part number 113-95702-100
    Bios date 2003/01/22

AMDxp2000+
    SL-75frv (kt400 from soltek)
    768mb 333mHzDDRram (256 + 512)
    300wcase
    Samsung dvdrom
    Samsung cdrw
    Soundblaster audigy platinumEx
    Quite new Club3d Radeon 9700Pro AIW

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  9. Mike1

Mike1 New Member

bios flash

Anybody know where I can get an AIW 9700 pro orig. bios??

ATI bios # BK-ATIVER 008.004.008.000

I killed my card. Re-flashed with saved bios and still won't work! Would like to try again with orig but can't find it anywhere. I need help with this folks, pleeeeaaase!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  10. gtshome

gtshome New Member

New question

Guys I had a problem and was wondering if flashing my bios might lead to a solution. I have a Built by ATI 9700 Pro running the 8.004 Bios on a Abit NFS-7 board with 1 GB Kingston PC2700 and a 2500+ Barton. As of Saturday night my 9700Pro has been showing problems and after a reinstall I am starting to believe it will only be solved with a new board...

Here is the problem. I get image degradation (a lot of image incorrections in some parts of the screen)whenever I am in a game (I've tried NWN and 3DMark). The "error" usually follow a pattern (diagonal in some cases and vertical in others). In the windows desktop there is virtually no problem visible except for when I copy a doc and the pop up shows the file going from one folder to the other (there I see small red lines behind the paper that represents the file going from one side to the other.

How it happened. I was playing NWN and went into "advanced video options" at that moment the image got corrupted.

One odd point... The "errors" that are visible in the desktop disappear if I am not running the ATI drivers (ie if the computer thinks this is a generic board. I have the impression that the problem is in something special that the radeon does. the problem is I can't run most games on generic VGA mode.

Does anyone know what could be driving this? Does any one believe that flashing the bios might help?

Thansk to all in advance.
    Cheers,
    gts

11. Cricket

Cricket New Member

Flash Failed

I got the same error..wont open the file 8004n...also tried 978004n which is how it is listed on the floppy...

12. Cricket

Cricket New Member

figured it out

had to type atiflash -p 0 978004N.bin then it worked fine. Still can't run at 8 by agp without the thing randomly locking up. Can run at 4 by all day long???????????/

13. Konge Odin

Konge Odin New Member

I got a replacement for my board a few weeks after my post. The sellers agreed to replace my board with a Radeon AIW9700Pro. But they would not replace my ram. Now the machine has worked flawlessly since then.

Green corruptions generally means that the board is toast In my opinion. I think it has something to do with The 3d being processed wrong in the card because the ram has been corrupted one way or another, but then again I dont know much about this hardware.

I wish you all luck with the replacements or upgrading of your boards.

14. AtomiX

AtomiX New Member

having flashed my bios (works too :D ) i saw that my agp transfer rate was set at 4x while the card supports 8x. many of you have it at 8x but it seems that i cant change it. i think that my motherboard doesnt support it but its strange as its quite recent. i would like to know how you change it just to see if i can. i use an intel 850E motherboard, maybe it doesnt support it, please tell me.

15. AtomiX

AtomiX New Member

16. swipy

swipy Extraordinary

i have a Compaq Presario 8430SE with an ATI Radeon 9700PRO and i am wondering how i find out who has manufactored it....

Probobly it is ATI them self but u never know....

Do u get better perfomance with a never BIOS?

17. magnus33

magnus33 New Member

18. Ubergrendle

Ubergrendle Semper ubi sub ubi

I bought a refurbished ATI 9700Pro and have been happy with the performance so far. Pipes, clocks, etc all read as they should in spec.

BIOS is version 008.003. Based on what I've read here, if I have no compatibility problems I shouldn't bother upgrading to .004.

Has anyone noticed a performance boost based on a BIOS update? Assuming you weren't suffering from compatability problems beforehand.

Thanks.

19. Nico2786

Nico2786 New Member

Hello at all!

Excuse me my english but I'm Italian.

I've :
    550W
    Athlon xp 2400+
    512 mb PC2700
    Asus A7V8X
    sapphire Ati 9700 pro 128 mb

My problem was that when I started a 3d game the pc doesn't work. It jammed.
    With the correction in the my motherboard the pc is running but I will correct the problem but the performance down.
    My bios's version is 113-94206-101
    My driver version is omega 4.10 beta

what do you recommend me to do? :confused:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004