Radeon 9700PRO why so many errors?!

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by muirplayer57, Jun 12, 2003.

1. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

I just bought this radeon about... a month ago, upgrade from my ti4600. It's been working cool n' fine until now. Whenever i go to join a counter-strike game, i get that cd key in use crap, and "your executable is ut of date", or just the regular hl error as soon as i join a game. I've tried every driver i can get my hands on, including omega and cyborg's drivers. Also when i play music it distorts it in some odd way... cant explain. I've reinstalled widows xp, half life and cs, media players(many different ones) and i still get these errors. Does anyone know or have any remote idea as to what the heck is going on?

2. scobywhru

scobywhru DriverHeaven Senile Member

"i get that cd key in use crap" Means someone is using the same CD key you are using, before you joing a game of HL CS or whatever it checks a database and validates your CD Key if its in Use you can't use it on another server HL or CS doesn't matter they all have the same keys and check the same database

3. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

LOl... duh.... i know that. No one has my cdkey but me. no one has ever seen my cd key but me, and it happened on every server i tried to join, since only one cdkey can be in one server.

4. MikeDaMan

MikeDaMan New Member

I dont think upgrading to a 9700 could cause a CD Key in Use error. Doesn't make much sense. What version of counter strike do you have? You should have the latest 1.5 version.

5. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

This all happened May 2003. I believe i have 1.5 :)

6. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

btw, i put my ti4600 back in, and all the errors went away... wow :/

7. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

no, you're wrong......if one cd key is in use in one server, then too bad you cant join all the servers which require cs key.........

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

this thread makes absolutely no sense at all :confused:

9. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

in what sense??? maybe you can help...

10. toddsmack2k

toddsmack2k It Never.....

I have to agree with zardon. This thread has a bunch of different subjects covered in one with it all tied together not making much sense.

1. Are you saying your 9700 caused a cd key error? (find it hard to believe it did that but:hmm: )
    2. When you put in your 9700 did you do a fresh xp install after putting it in or before?
    3. You say the 9700 had been working fine. So did the error start after you changed another piece of hard ware or install or uninstalled some new program?
    4. Had you been able to play CS online any with the 9700?

I am just trying to figure out what you want to know exactly.

As far as your sound problem that is a subject you need to start a new thread on. I am trying to make some sense out of your post as there is alot going on here in your thread. Please for future reference and for your benefit start seperate threads for different questions on different subjects. It will help us help you as we will have a better understanding of what your problem is exactly and your chances of getting help are much better. As I am really confused now;)

11. Nuke209

Nuke209 New Member

i think this person is only talking BS and really, i dont believe none of this ish....

12. shuki

shuki New Member

I'm with Zardon, Todd and especially Nuke on this one :)

13. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

basicly, i think the topic is on the problems in CS that he's having with his new Radeon 9700pro

14. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

well whatever, sense or not, its not only cs problems, it makes all my music files play wierd and glitchy, in windows media player, winamp (all versions) and whatever else media play i tried i dont remember them all, and all my games hang when i do alt+tab... (btw the same cd key can be in different servers... i done it b4)

15. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

1. Well, thats what i figured it did, since uninstalled half life and cs, re installed it, and i got the same error.
    2. I did a full format when i intstalled xp pro... again, with the 9700. I installed cs and guess what? cd key in use, and the hanging.
    3. Yea, it worked fine for like 3 weeks. Only problem then was it hung when i did an alt+tab. The only hardware that was changed was the video cards, each having a full format during winxp install. And no i didnt install any programs when i got these errors.
    4. Yes iI used to be able to play online with it, but not anymore.

16. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

9700PRO why so many errors? your new thread

1. Well, thats what i figured it did, since uninstalled half life and cs, re installed it, and i got the same error.
    2. I did a full format when i intstalled xp pro... again, with the 9700. I installed cs and guess what? cd key in use, and the hanging.
    3. Yea, it worked fine for like 3 weeks. Only problem then was it hung when i did an alt+tab. The only hardware that was changed was the video cards, each having a full format during winxp install. And no i didnt install any programs when i got these errors.
    4. Yes iI used to be able to play online with it, but not anymore.

17. tek

tek New Member

LOL... did you just start a new topic?? Bwhahahahahahahhahaa :duh: :D :D :lol:

18. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

the radeon can no way cause a cdkey error. your cs might crash and give u other errors due to the different video card. radeon 9700 pro has been known to have problems with cs, but cat 3.4 fixed it for us. but i still notice when i press esc it doesnt return to the screen as quick as my gf4 mx 440 did on my old 800 athlon. sometimes your video card can conflict with other pieces hardware creating errors n cs such as crashing or illegal operation, i used to have a problem with cs on my old comp whenever i went into the overhead spectator view i would get masive lag, making the game run at 1fps even after formatting/reinstall. This happened outta nowhere. do you encounter this problem with any other games like ut2003 engine based or quake3 engine based games? the HL engine is horrible, and hates ATI cards!

19. Dmac43

Dmac43 New Member

What is the rating of your power supply?

A dying PSU can cause all sorts of goofy errors and the 9700 will definitly stress your PSU much more that your old Nvidia

20. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

someone said i should so i did