Radeon 9700PRO why so many errors?!

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by muirplayer57, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

(btw the same cd key can be in different servers... i done it b4) [/B][/QUOTE]

that's because one of the servers does not require a cd-key to get in (some servers are free to get in without the original cd-keys).......again only one cd-key is allowed in playing cs at a time........

2. MikeDaMan

MikeDaMan New Member

Alright guys, lets not all bash muirplayer57. Someone should close this thread and stick to the old one. There are still questions being asked in that thread which may help us in solving your problem...such as the PSU question.

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Re: 9700PRO why so many errors? your new thread

1. Well, thats what i figured it did, since uninstalled half life and cs, re installed it, and i got the same error.

Is this a question?

2. I did a full format when i intstalled xp pro... again, with the 9700. I installed cs and guess what? cd key in use, and the hanging.I dunno- I guess I don' tuderstand- "and the hanging" "guess what? cd key in use" ME no unda stannn

3. Yea, it worked fine for like 3 weeks. Only problem then was it hung when i did an alt+tab. The only hardware that was changed was the video cards, each having a full format during winxp install. And no i didnt install any programs when i got these errors.
    format DURING install? that is the problem- supposed to be Before install.

4. Yes iI used to be able to play online with it, but not anymore. Is this a warez game or something?

Man, where to start on something like this?

4. zbeta

zbeta New Member

ATI need to work on there drivers! games crash ... lockups all the time .. :hmm: :( :sigh: :mad: I'll never buy another ATI product again. The drivers s*ck a$$ :tears: :sigh:

5. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

hey, but others didnt encounter such problem. Well, at least it worked pretty fine for me....

(hey guys, in my oppinion, you should PM and consult CATALYST maker for all the problems you encounter before bash'in anybody first...)

6. tek

tek New Member

You just gotta understand... the 'CDKEY IN USE' has NOTHING to do with your videocard, and even if you think it does... do you care to explain to me how that is possible? And the hanging.. I'm experiencing it too, after 10 min of CS my fps starts jumping down to 50fps and it sticks there and it goes back to 99fps randomly... this wasn't happening until after I installed Fusion AssaultPack 2.0.
    So I'm gunna uninstall that mod and see what happens...

-tek

7. shuki

shuki New Member

man thats twice now I've seen new members with one post bashing ATI.... you guys just sign up to do that? In both cases ATI had nothing to do with the problem. Case #1 was solved with SOUND CARD drivers. And in this case, there is absolutely NO WAY ATI GPU has anything to do with a CS CD key in use error! you guys joining just to "bash" ATI need to grow up :rolleyes:

8. Nuke209

Nuke209 New Member

i'm still trippin' off what this guy is saying...you know, it's like, how does a video card affect a damn cd key...it makes no damn sense at all, seriously, a cdkey doesn't have anything to do with a video card

9. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

ya' know what, nuke you are damn right...........

10. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

we dont need two threads on the same subject im merging these threads, and I hope to see no more opened on the same subject matter. the first one is meaningless enough without two of them.

11. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Basically your CD key is being used elsewhere, if you've bought it officially then your key has been ripped off go buy it again and be more careful, if you "found it" then ta-da case closed, as for the cd-key error going away when you put the nVidia back in, is it not more believable the person using your key left CS in the time it took you to swap back over cards? distorted sound if caused by the 9700 would be a conflict with your sound card, perhaps IRQ sharing, make sure it's not in the slot directly below your graphics.

12. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

OK, guys, stop with the cdkey crap. Thats not the only error, and it doesnt come up as often as others in cs, but lets get off of the cs issue. Seems that everyone got stuck on the cdkey thing and blah blah blah.... what about my music and why it jacks it up when i play it? and the hanging when i do an alt+tab in all my games? maybe theres no solution to it, or maybe yall still wanna talk about my cdkey? i dunno...

13. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

Maybe it is but i dont see how... i bought the hl cd at best buy, and no one has ever seen or touched it but me, cus it just sits in its box.

Well, i cant be sure if someone has my cdkey or not, but I did take the time to reinstall windows xp, was that not enough time for that person to leave? (formatted about 2 times trying to fix) I still got the cdkey thing.

It could be a conflict with my soundcard, maybe. The soundcard drivers used to make other games crash and other things not run smooth but that problem has been fixed, long before i got the 9700.

I havent thought that the IRQ would be a problem with that, but i guess i can play around with that to see if anything cahnges, and no its not in the slot below my graphics card, it wont fit there, they are too close together :(

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

:lol: :D :lol: :D

15. shuki

shuki New Member

I've never heard of a video card or vid card drivers causing distorded music playback....
    and some games have to be in window mode to alt-tab out (MOH for example). have you tried that?? plus if you are having trouble with sound play back I would think its the sound card not allowing you to tab out rather than the video...

but really, if things worked better with your older card, why not just ebay the 9700 and go back to your 4600? seems like all of your "problems" started when you put in the 9700. Even though none of us can see how on earth they could be GPU or GPU driver related (cd key and distorted music playback sound) you seem to be convinced they are.... :hmm:

16. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

shuki, maybe he's right with the sound thing....cause yesterday, i reinstalled Nfshp2 for replay purposes but when i put it on the sound is messed up, i didnt have this problem back then with my GF ti......(but this is no big deal i think, cause on newer games this doesnt happen..)

17. tek

tek New Member

Muriplayer.. your the one who keeps bringing up the cdkey and saying its the video cards fault that your cdkey is in use... thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.. dont get all mad and start commanding people to stop talking about the 'cdkey crap'
    We're all just trying to help you.. but you keep insisting that your vid card is causing the 'cdkey in use'
    Also.. you CANT use alt+tab in CS... it'll just hang on a black screen for like 7 secs and the same when you wanna get back into the game.. and you will lose sound.

18. muirplayer57

muirplayer57 New Member

Yes i know i will lose sound if i alt+tab out(cept when i use hl manager, i wont lose sound no matter what, dunno why). But with my nvidia card no matter when i alt+tab, during the game or by pressing esc first, it works so much faster than the ati card.

19. tek

tek New Member

Same here man... when I had a shitty ole GeForce MX440 64MB it would exit/change out much quicker than my current ATI 9500 PRO / but no matter... this card is obviously 500x better than some nVidia card. So I'm happy no matter what, but it must just be some driver thing.. they'll fix it in time.

:lol:

20. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

well spoke, couldnt agree more....L~OL:):p