Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.07 for XP/2k

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Mar 17, 2003.

1. shyang

shyang New Member

Omega Driver installation trying to access the internet?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me.

When I try to install the Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.07 for XP/2k, my firewall software ZoneAlarm tells me that SUF60Runtime is trying to access the internet.

This has never happened before with any other drivers that I have installed or updated. This includes multiple versions of the official ATI Catalyst drivers, Nvidia detonators or even drivers for Creative Audigy 1 and 2. Why is it only happening with the Omegas?
    This is not an isolated incident as it can be reproduced and I have had it happen on 2 separate machines.

I am just curious, is some part of the installation process trying to access the internet? If it is, why? If not, then what is it and what is it in the driver installation is triggering something like this?

Thanks in advance,
    Shyang

2. GUNNIX

GUNNIX New Member

I haven't got anything that tries connecting to the internet in omega's installation , I'm using zone alarm too ...

3. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

DickDiver, if you want to use the normal files, then just select 9100 or lower when asked instead of a 9500 or higher, that should disable the 8 pipelines.

shyang, "SUF60Runtime" sounds to me like a virus, and is not related to my drivers, I have ZA here and none of my setups needs to contact the internet when installing. When exactly does it happens during the installation?

xuesen, yes, I was refering to them, and if those didn't worked either, it means that the Cat3.2 are not compatible with the IGP 345M as I have added all the needed info to the drievrs so they can install on those cards, but if the driver is not compatible, there is nothing I can do about it, sorry :(

4. shyang

shyang New Member

The thing is, it has only happened when I double click on the Omega driver setup file (rad_w2kxp_omega_2407a) which I downloaded from Driverheaven. It has never happened any other time for any other software installs.

I have just tested it on a third PC and the same thing happens. When I double click on the setup file to install the Omega driver, the installation screen pops up and again ZoneAlarm alerts me that SUF60Runtime is trying to access the internet.

Shyang

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  5. Genial|O|maT

Genial|O|maT New Member

How can I turn off AA and AF with the omega drivers?? (R9500np) The minimum setting is 2x!! Can anyone help me please?

Greets

6. Omegadrive

You have to select "Application Preference" to disable it and make sure the game is not turning it ON again.

7. scollops

scollops New Member

I put the new omega drivers on - on installing asks for which refresh rates to set.. I have LCD 60Mhz only option was 75 for omega (is this correct ?). Anyways to cut along story short - playing raven shield system locks up all the time - reduced graphics right down, no overclock (Rad 9700 Pro). Removed drivers and put the Normal 3.2 Cat drivers runs fine no problems. My system is P3ghz with 1gb mem so not a problem there. Any ideas ?

8. Genial|O|maT

Genial|O|maT New Member

i can't find "Application Preference" in "direct3d"???? Where can I find it?

Greets

9. slo-motion

slo-motion New Member

Omega XP drivers v2.4.07a tested in Hitman 2, WOW!!!
    They also work great in RTCW-GOTY! Huge improvement!!!:D :D :D:
    6X AA / 16X Anisotropic, V-Sync = On, High textures, High detail, High mipmap, etc... 1280X1024 @85Hz 32bit Color. All games @ maximum performance settings!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  10. Omegadrive

Genial|O|maT, The option is just beside FSAA and Aniso settings, it has a checkmark, when the checkmark is on, FSAA or AF is disabled by default and only the game can enable it.

11. Teisco

Teisco New Member

Installed drivers and found a "hack" folder and a "normal" folder. What do I do with these folders, if anything?

12. Solidsnake

Solidsnake New Member

Have anyone had problems with hacked drivers?

"As I've expected, instead of fixing bugs in their 'rock stable' drivers Catalyst developers implementend some protections against SoftR9x00-styled PCI DeviceID modification. Some of these protections are aimed to emulate bugs in case of SoftR9x00 detection and I _really_ don't like when coders do such things."
    (Guru3d, forum)

http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=47459

Omegadrive, can you give a comment about this?

13. Gardinen

Gardinen New Member

Well....I gained 100 points to 4199 in 3dMark03, from Catalyst 3.2 original
    Haven't yet tried different game and so on, but I believe in the Omega drivers.

By the way....DirectX 9.0a fixed the USB-not-respondning problems in WinXP. So I'll stick with XP for a while.

14. ermj

ermj New Member

I have a 9500 np (red pcb, L shaped memory). When I install the omegadrivers I get CHECKERBOARDS!!!!!!

Does anybody know how I can get rid of these. I would really like to have a "9800"

15. feedback

feedback thing what kicks

HL is broken again. After playing and hitting escape, it hard crashes and the comp must be reset. Very fucking annoying.

16. SupaBeast

SupaBeast New Member

Tell me bout it.I have to quit and use HLSW every (scuze language) fucking time.I wonder if I go back to the 3.1s, if it'll work... Then, I'll wait for them to fix it in the 3.3s and I'll be set. As feedback said, it is annoying as hell.

17. feedback

feedback thing what kicks

It worked with the 3.1's, but D3d stuttered then. Why does ATI always fucking break more then they fix!? :mad:

18. SupaBeast

SupaBeast New Member

I did the 9800 Softmod (I have a 9700 Pro), and the error didn't come up when I exited to menu like before, but now, occasionally, when I go into any console, it will all go black again. Less seldom errors than before, but fucking annoying.

19. Donosorxx

Donosorxx New Member

Today a fatal error occurred twice on my PC, when using Windows (no 3D games, D3D or OGL apps):

C:\WINDOWS\LogFiles\Watchdog\030326_1317_01.wdl

szAppName : Drivers.Display szAppVer : 10024E440040121458
    szModName : ati2dvag.dll szModVer : 6.14.1.6307 Offset : F06B06EA

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
    CAUSE: This issue can occur when the display driver is caught in an infinite loop, typically waiting for the video hardware to become idle. This usually indicates a problem with the video hardware or with the display driver not being able to program the hardware correctly.

I'm using the latest Omega drivers with a Radeon 9700PRO. Any hint?

20. Draxis

Draxis New Member

Donosorxx, do you have a dual channel DDR board, specifically a board using Intel's Granite Bay chipset? It's a common problem for those with that particular chipset and other similar chipsets. Try the following in this order:

1) Download and install a modded driver which does not contain ATI's SMARTGART. The Softmod is an example. If you want to keep the Omega drivers, go to step 2.

2) Disable Fast Writes in the SMARTGART panel. If it still doesn't work, go to step 3.

3) Drop your AGP down to 4X, either in SMARTGART, or preferably, your BIOS.

That should solve the problem.