Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.96c for Win2k/XP

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Nov 8, 2003.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

OK, got the Framework 1.1 thingy - what does it do?

2. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

Good to see so many mirrors!

3. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Too bad about the .net integration requirement since a lot of people prefer to opt out of any integration with the wishes of the evil empire for as long as possible. ;) I don't see it really becoming a necessity really soon either so unfortunately I ended up doing another driver change. But I guess the tool itself was designed with that requirement and it couldn't be undone that way.

For those who wonder, the .net framework is installable from Windows Update as a 23MB download for WinXP. Don't know what's required for Win2000 systems.

4. DocterDee

DocterDee New Member

5. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

You fancy another mirror omega?

6. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

As I said to Monarch, you WILL need it, many new applications are being programmed using the Net Framework and Longhorn already have it integrated. I didn't wanted to download it at first, but I recived some internal info, now is a requirement, sorry, can't say more.

As said in M$:
    The Microsoft® .NET Framework is an integral Windows component for building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services. It provides a highly productive, standards-based, enterprise-ready, multilanguage environment that simplifies application development, enables developers to leverage their existing skill set, facilitates integration with existing software, and eases the challenges of deploying and operating Internet-scale applications. The Framework consists of two main parts: the common language runtime and a unified, hierarchical class library that includes a revolutionary advance to Active Server Pages (ASP.NET), an environment for building smart client applications (Windows Forms), and a loosely-coupled data access subsystem (ADO.NET).

Hope that clears it.

Thanks for the offer, but not right now, I got plenty this time :D

7. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

ok mate - nice work man!

8. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I do know, but those who want to stay away from it still can for quite some time. Longhorn for instance may not be released until 2006 and most of the applications already being designed arount the .Net are of the large corporation type like Word, Photoshop and such. It's not like people usually need to get the very latest versions of those. Utility software programmers targeting entusiasts could very easily avoid rooting for .net a good while longer as a matter of principle, and because this mindset is not uncommon amongst their target audience. Microsoft induced security holes that have been truly huge recently, so if they are on v1.1 with .Net today then one can save a lot of sleep by waiting until it does become a necessity.

Sorry for ranting now, since it's all up to the programmer of that config tool to decide. I'm sure it's a good addition to the Omega package based on its functions. A lot of others will probably enjoy it a lot. Best of luck. Excellent work of incorporating the for some users much needed hotfixes too by the way.

9. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

Whatever ya all. New Omega did not fix CoD problem for me. ATi always releases fixes for games AFTER I beat them!

10. Zulan

Zulan New Member

Ati is doing it's best for you, so please don't give any lame awnsers, omega is also trying his best for us (for free), he can also say, hey what the hell i ain't gonna put anymore time in optimizing these drivers.

And by the way there's always Multiplayer, and from what i have seen from it, it rocks.

11. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  12. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Chaos, I wanted to thank you also. I was able to get them very quickly from your mirror. Mucho appreciated!

13. Skinner

Skinner New Member

Omega, as you know more then everybody else here ;) , can we expect more lodbiassettings in the future, I want some more like the dets.

14. bunnypanda

bunnypanda New Member

where's the 9700>9800 hack in these drivers ? it doesnt have it ?

15. LadFromWales85

LadFromWales85 New Member

Has anyone had a decent play with the 3D Prof application that Omega has included with these drivers?

When I click the 'get' button on the overclock tab, I get greeted by a cant connect dialog box. I have manually installed the Probe from the start menu but still no go.

Overall the per game profiles work fine, sometimes I get a box when the game ends saying the game ended too early with NFS:HP2 but that only happened a few times, then stopped. Have now created shortcuts to the games I run most so it goes through the tool.

16. Spotten

Spotten New Member

Will it say that the 3DMenu and OpenGL now are seperated again? :0( I lke it more the other way, but still a good job, THX!

17. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

I didn't liked the OC utility 3DProf included, that's why I keep distibuting RadClocker with this drivers, just disable OC in the options and done.

18. LadFromWales85

LadFromWales85 New Member

Okie, thanks Omega, I will disable overclocking in the 3D Prof settings :)

19. Nyana

Nyana New Member

yeah .. Omega did it again :)

20. BWX

BWX get out and ride

.Net 1.1 totally screws up my PC- I've tried to install it many times.. With .Net 1.1 installed my "ctrl-alt-delete" app manager is totally screwed- it asks me to log of and on again (pain) and when I go to shutdown, I have to go into 5 extra steps to shutdown, I have to go into a dropdown box to select "shutdown"....

I also get that extra user on my PC wich I don't like- .ASP or whatever it is (can't remember)- Plus my PC slows down quite a bit- Man, I cannot believe I have to install .Net 1.1 to use Omega's drivers now.. I have been doing great without .Net 1.1 so far. Looks like I won't be using Omega drivers anymore. :(