Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.05 (Cat 5.1)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Feb 5, 2005.

1. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

Just install them over whatever driver you're currently running. I installed them over the omega 4.12's and its fine now.

2. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

You mean don't bother with uninstalling, and using Driver Cleaner Pro? :confused:

3. vulkan

vulkan New Member

if you get black screen after install.. you have to install these over another set of ati .. such as 5.1 or omega 4.12.. that will fix the black screen after boot.. the same had to be done to install the DNA 5.1s.. something is up with the new ati drivers i guess

but the big problem is after installing these new omegas .. we are missing all the control panel tabs.. the only one there is Advance 3D for radlinker...

4. reaps

reaps New Member

While that seems like a good idea it's only a quick fix, although if anyone has a link for the last version of omegas i'll gladly install them to tide me over.

5. pir8nyc

pir8nyc New Member

i dont think installing them over existing is a true fix; it may work because the older (and working files) are being kept as opposed to being replaced by the new files.

which makes me suspect a broken file rather than reg values.

6. ssj-gohan

ssj-gohan New Member

7. nw|AgEnTsMiTh

nw|AgEnTsMiTh New Member

8. Raptor

Raptor New Member

After installing I've lost the SmartGart, VPU Recover, Overdrive, Display and Options tabs in the Properties menu. :( Just installed the new Omega's like I always do.

9. reaps

reaps New Member

10. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

Installed,everything Ok,cheers Omega

11. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well, I gave it another go and yes, it seems is a driver code problem and not a registry one, for example, using exactly the same INF file as my previous set with the newer files causes a black screen upon boot or the "device failed to initialize" problem.

I'll have to contact ATI for this, sorry for all the trouble, I may have to pull the plug on this release or just put a big WARNING in the downloads page.

12. davez0r

davez0r New Member

This release works beautifully for me on my 9600XT and my 9550 and I'm a complete idiot. My only reservation is the fact that the AI/GI tabs aren't availble unless you use the unified tabs (big deal *yawn*). Let me complain about that for six hours. Very good release my friend and God bless you indeed...

13. Arraso

Arraso New Member

But if we install your driver over ATI driver, we get the optimizations that you make in this set?? Or we lost all your work?

And for the ATI tabs, they suck in my opinion :) RadLinker is so far very very, VERY better.

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I can't get these things to install :sigh:

Hard to read thread with the condition of my driver install- I will try to install old 4.12 omegas after I re-download them (i deleted the files)- and try to reinstall over top or something.... Bummer. Hope it works I really want to try these. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  15. KiRiON

KiRiON New Member

damn, ive used the latest drivercleaner pro version to backup my registry etc. before
    i installed the latest omegas.
    ive got the same error (dont detect my card) with the latest omegas like the other ppls over me, i tried to restore all settings back with dhcleaner ... but now is my system brocken :wtf:

is there anything wrong with the restore function of the drivercleaner pro tool too?

16. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

hey omega,thx for all the hard work.
    i have some issues,i comepletely uninstalled unian 1151 5.1 based driver the correct way.the rebooted and all was good but in device manager there was a question mark on primary controller.so i tried reinstalling ,still nogo.also in the control panel it looks like when you are running xp drivers right after a fresh format.the only app that installs is radlinker.so i went back to unians and all is well again.also when i tried uninstalling with included dc app it does not uninstall the drivers.you have to do that manually,atleast in my case.hope to see a new release soon,cant wait.later

17. udkjack

udkjack New Member

I tried the driver too and it was the first Omega release that didn't work for me at all (exclamation mark on primary display adapter, and in software > uninstall, the secondary adapter was shown as pci? strange) - but NP Omega, other than the driver not working, luckily nothing bad has happened to my system. So I just uninstalled the driver (kept Radlinker) and after a reboot, applied the official 5.1. I'll use that until a fix is released. Oh and thanks for all the work you put into your releases, this was really the first that made problems on my rig, all the others worked very well :)

18. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

You're welcome ;)

19. MEABeemer

MEABeemer C-Groove StreetFighter

Well...guess we're gonna have to wait 'til a fixed version (or 5.2) shows up!

C U L8R!!!

20. UnTouchAble

UnTouchAble New Member

Omega's Vs. UniAn?

Any performance ench comapred to uniAns?