Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.61 (Cat 5.8)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Sep 12, 2005.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Strange- on my x800xl AGP- either the drivers or ATi tray tools is setting my memory clock speed wrong on boot up. It is always either 4 or so mhz slow or a couple mhz fast.

Also my GPU temp seems to be a lot hotter.. (3 or 4 c) Not sure what is going on. Seems like it should just read the default speed off the video card bios?

Every re-boot it seems to be different. I will have to keep testing to see what happens.

2. AlexM105

AlexM105 New Member

I've played Battlefield 2 for a while already with these drivers. There's no/less stuttering at the beginning. Overall it runs a bit smoother.

Mirror

3. danked

danked New Member

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Hmm, I don't know what's going on.. I lost 1030 pts in 05'...

I don't expect huge gains, but to lose 1000+? Something must be wrong.

-seems like the ATT and the Driver CP are fighting each other- when changing a setting in one, it doesn't register in the other, etc.. I'll try to reinstall.. Seems there are some bugs or something unfortunately.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  5. scottyk87

scottyk87 New Member

I ran driver cleaner and followed the instructions for safe mode and all. Installed the omegas and played bf2.

I noticed some stuttering but diden't think anything off it. Then I press tab to show scores and everything is all mesed up like scrambled which I have never seen before. Kept playing and then my computer just restarted. A dialog came up that said it recovered from a crash when it rebooted and wanted to submit it microsoft and said it was driver problem.

So I didn't mess with anything to see if it would happen again but it didn't although I am noticing more stuttering than usual wondering if its the server or the driver. If I get that scramblled stuff again and a restart I am reverting back to the omega v2.6.42 which I had before and worked fine.

If anyone else has this problem please post so I know I am not the only one.

6. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

Omega can you please do a Windows Xp Pro X64 Edition of these drivers.
    i dont use Windows XP Pro x32 anymore...

64 Bit version would be sweet ....... pritty please :D

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I got really bad scrambling of the desktop after the initial installation- had to reboot to get rid of it..
    I do also notice horrible stuttering in all the games I have tested. RBR is really slow and stutters a lot.. Weird because usually Omega's are much smoother. I think it has something to do with ATT.. That program seems not to let the driver CP make adjustment to basic graphic settings.. I lost 1000pts in 3dmark 05 and 01.. with same gfx settings and clock settings.. I am going to reinstall.. but before that run DC again.. I sure hope it solves all these problems.

8. scottyk87

scottyk87 New Member

Let me know if that fixes it because I will do the same. I also just tried clearing my BF2 cache because i noticed after I installed the drivers and loaded it up it did that optimizing graphics thing so I will see how this works.

9. Kid2

Kid2 New Member

Having a weird issue myself. It seems the clock speeds on my card are messed up too. After playing around 2-3 hours of CoD tonight I went into ATT and my Clock Speeds were about 100 or so mhz below what they should be. I then checked the Temp via Overdrive it returned back as a 0*C so I then looked at the mobo temp monitor I have, it reported it at 32*C

I'm not sure what is going on..

Something weird.. only happened once so far.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

My clock speeds are never correct until I set them to default with a separate program. They are off by only 2 to 6 mhz though.. But still.

11. scottyk87

scottyk87 New Member

It seems clearing the bf2 cache helped some. For people that don't know its in My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache and then delete the contents of the folder in there. Do not delete the folders just the contents of them. Each folder is 1 profile I believe.

12. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Just got home and just saw the new updated drivers. Downloading now......

Since reading through the posts I'll wait to install these until a few more people get a chance to try them out. I'm not eager to deal with miscalculated timings and other conflicts tonight. :sigh:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  13. Canon20d

Canon20d New Member

anyone got some good comparisons, lotta work for like .5fps :) i might wait till omega 5.9/6.0 =D

14. Dannyb0y

Dannyb0y New Member

I've got that issue with the Control Panel and ATT not registering with each other aswell.. kinda annoying as i normally do everything through ATT.

15. AwOsReN

AwOsReN New Member

i've been using the official 5.8 drivers because i've been waiting for the new omegas and now that i've tried these out i have to say there is a huge improvement with these ones.. in counter-strike: source on the official 5.8 drivers i was getting 119.80 FPS and now with the new omegas i'm getting 146.89 FPS with all setting up to the highest.. and every game including battefield 2 runs even smoother.. great drivers omega, keep up the good work!!

16. FnF

FnF New Member

Anyone having some real benchmark results from BF2, and then DHZer0point 5.8 Beta vs Omega 5.8 vs official cats?

17. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I totally cleaned out my drivers for a second time- although the new driver cleaner leaves some CCC files behind I found.. Some of the CCC themes and the file they are in. I cleaned them out.

DC on safe mode- etc etc... Reinstalled Omegas and I didn't get the artifact after installation..

I ran a few quick tests and now my 3dmark score are only 50 points slower instead of 1000... They look smoother though. I will have to test out some games to see what's up.. 3dmark means nothing unless it's WAY off like it was.

One more thing, the clock rates are still off.. If I use Ati Tool it complains that alternate pixel center is turned on too.. That is without loading ATI Tray Tools..

Something is still going on, not sure what.

18. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

Omega thanks for the drivers, been waiting for them for sooooo long.

Regards, Partizan

P.S. Advertising links on your site are screwed Omega. I always get an error message:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/includes/addHits.asp, line 91

19. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

OK....I couldn't hold off and went ahead and installed these. :)

I ran 3DMark2K5 and got almost the EXACT same score as with the official CAT 5.8s. In fact, without overclocking, my last three scores have been: 4871, 4872, and (with Omega's) 4871. I don't ever recall getting such consistent scores over a period of time like this.

Compare link for this test: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1213981

20. zerra

zerra Bikini Bottom Member

same here with 3dmark05.
    5686 points with the ati 5.8 set
    5688 points with the omega 5.8 set

but i have to test some games too.... :)