Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.61 (Cat 5.8)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Sep 12, 2005.

1. fubar2000

fubar2000 New Member

inf error

I have an ati mobility x700 in my asus m6va and I keep getting the message: inf error, video driver not found in windows xp sp2 when I try to install the new driver and the previous one. Can anybody tell me how I can solve this? Thanks in advance, I really would like to use these omegadrivers since I'm very pleased withthem on my old desktop (with a 9800pro).

edit: when i go to adapter, is see chip type: ati display adapter (0x5652), in the inf file from this omegadriver is see at ati mobility radeon x700 the code 5653. Changing this to 5652 didn't solve my problem. Choosing the driver to install in windows and telling windows which inf file i wanted to use just gave me a complete list of all the ati cards, I could just pick the mobility x700 but I don't want to ruin my whole windows installation

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  2. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Tray Tools Question

OK, do I have to load Tray Tools for the changes I made to take affect. In other words does Tray Tools have to be running for my changes to stick?

Also, Where are the Desktop and Full Screen 3D color settings located in Tray Tools?

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Color settings are in the normal place. In the CP.About your first question.. in that regard I think these Omega's with ATT is pretty buggy... Who knows what happens when you change a setting one place and it doesn't reflect that change in the other place (CP/ATT)...

The AA/AF setting were a real pain when I had the 5.7's but these seem to be better. of course I haven't tested that much yet. That is actually why I took the 5.7's off, I simply had no control over AA/AF and other settings.. After a while, I could turn AA off in the CP and run a game and AA would be stuck on, even after reboots. I just gave up. Hope these are better. It seems the CP and ATT just don't recognize each other's settings sometimes.

4. Gold333

Gold333 New Member

Can we install these WITHOUT Ati Tray tools and just the regular "old" CP. And have no performance loss?

5. Lazy_moron

Lazy_moron New Member

Does anyone have a X600 Pro and tried to use these with the card? They are not compitble with my X600 Pro, and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

6. SexPistoL

SexPistoL New Member

Hey Omega,
    Installed and tested the drivers with no problems. They look great and the image quality is superb thank you very much :)
    Hey Ray the Tray Tool works just great, I can OC my card by 10% on Core and Memory and they are both stable, thank you too. :)
    L8r's guys. ;)

7. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

Boy, as soon as I got home from crap school, I was soon excited by the title of this thread :drool: Thanks Omegadrive!

8. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Thanks again Omegadrive!

Uninstalled the ATT first (using the uninstall from the ATT folder in the driverset Program Files), installed your driverset with ATT, no unistalling your previous driver - rebooted at the end - voila! As always, a perfect install.

UT2004 didn't sense directx at first try - rebooted again - dxdiag said all was well (Dx9c) - tried UT2004 again - booyah! (must have been a glitch...) - UT2004 looks and runs great.

9. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

First thing I noticed was that my screen no longer goes blank when exiting games or changing profiles in XP. The official 5.8's were doing this and it drove me crazy. My boot time is also quicker. I do not benchmark so I can not say how they stand up with other drivers in that aspect, but they are good ole solid Omegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. TrevGlas

TrevGlas New Member

Wow, the DHzp's were good, but these run bf2 even better, thanks!

11. ronnn

ronnn New Member

So I installed these drivers and set to default settings, ran 3dmark 03 and couldn't believe how good the IQ was. Than scored 7500 and realized I was set at 4 x aa and 8 x af. Had used traytools to lower fan idle and profile must have included those settings. :sleep: Nice drivers.

12. scottyk87

scottyk87 New Member

I am reverting back to omega 2.6.42. My computer just randomly restarts when playing BF2 this this 2nd time it has happend.

13. [ACX]GHost

[ACX]GHost New Member

I have these installed now. I dont use the ATT tool , but use the older Omega version of the RadLinker.

No issues noted so far. Very clean install.

14. Nyana

Nyana New Member

played WoW a while, yesterday - excellent quality & Frame rates ... Omega really Rocks !!!

15. tullnd

tullnd New Member

I just tried these on mine, and I get to reboot to the desktop, control of the cursor for about 10 seconds, but no response from the mouse buttons. As soon as I click on "Start" or another icon, system locks solid.

Had to clean it and go back to another early ATI driver, non Catalyst series. This is on a Gateway 8510GZ, with a 64MB x700.

16. [ACX]GHost

[ACX]GHost New Member

ok, got an issue, though I suspect this may not be Omegas, but ATI.

Rvs and IronWrath. When in game Menu of game, if you hit ALT-TAB to desktop, the go back to game, it will be all messed up, cant read anything.

Game play was great, as long as you never ALT-TAB'ed out.

17. UnTouchAble

UnTouchAble New Member

Great drivers Omega! BF2 feels a tad smoother ;)

18. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

what does omega do these days ?

he releases drivers then doesnt reply to the quad of questions above including mine. :eek:

19. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

heh, give him some time on x64 drivers...they are a good bit different, and he modifies the installer himself too, so it'll take him quite some time. I don't doubt he knows that it's on the horizon that x32 will be a dead animal, as we are currently looking inot 64bit DHZP drivers as well, but it does take time. I'll leave "how long" up to him though, as I can't answer that

20. FnF

FnF New Member

Anyone having some BF2 results with DHZer0point vs Omega 2.6.61?