Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.61 (Cat 5.8)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ramirom

ramirom New Member

anyone having problems with refresh rates or aa / af not working, im having these problems, had the same with the 5.7 omega's too, can't we use omega drivers w/out ATT?

2. SexPistoL

SexPistoL New Member

Yes M8 uninstall it through programe files

3. ramirom

ramirom New Member

i uninstalled it thorugh programe files (add and remove programs?), then reboot into safe mode, driver cleaner, reboot, install new driver, but i keep having the same problem

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

That's how I always do it- And yeah, something is up with the AA/AF controls.. Ever since ATT actually.

5. [ACX]GHost

[ACX]GHost New Member

do you guys follow the DHCleaner directions fully, going to the Device Manager and delete the video cards from there too, PRIOR to cleaning. (Right click, Uninstall from device manager, it will prompt to reboot but do not)

6. ramirom

ramirom New Member

gonna try,brb

7. Hypno

Hypno New Member

While playing games, I get my "frames per second" in the upper right corner of my screen. How can I remove that. It appeared since I installed those drivers.

8. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well, just to let u know, I had internet connection problems for the past 2 weeks, I could barely get on the net for more than 5 mins. My cable company has been for the past 2 days fixing the problem in the central hub of my area, and it seems they finally made it, now I'm back. :)

As for the 64bit version, the drivers work a bit different and so does the tweaks, so I don't want to rush something out and then find out is crap, also, I haven't installed XP64 yet since I have seen that the performance between the 2 is the same for games and appz, but with MUCH more HW problems because of drivers. I don't know when I will be installing it, but as soon as I get my license for XP64 I will give it a go in another partition and see what the fuzz is about. :p

9. ramirom

ramirom New Member

tried uninstalling the drivers again and did as [ACX]GHost told, exactly how the driver cleaner readme says, and i keep having the same problem the refresh rate does not work for full 3d apps, w/or w/out using ddc info, neither way, it wont work.
    if i set the refresh rate manually in the games that permit it, it works no prob, but the AA or AF controls in ATT or the ATI CP dont work.

i dont have a clue, tried everything i know

10. [ACX]GHost

[ACX]GHost New Member

I got more issues with Rvs/IronWrath, and since this is my main gain that I play, I guess I need to roll back to the Omega 5.7's, as they were the best set out so far. Better than the Omega 4.12's for me. (9800)

11. TonicX

TonicX New Member

Will this work on Ati Mobility X300? By the way this driver works great on my desktop with 9800pro :) ty Omega!

12. Hypno

Hypno New Member

Nobody to help me? :sigh:

13. Dannyb0y

Dannyb0y New Member

Right click ATT > Tools & Options > OSD

14. Hypno

Hypno New Member

Thanks a lot. Sorry for being a Newbie :oops:

Cheers :w00t:

15. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc New Member

OMG it works!!!

Guys I was stuck with version 2.6.25a cause everytime i tried updating i got the BSOD on the first reboot although the installation was running fine...
    Today when i saw the 2.6.61 version i thought to myself "what the heck?" and gave it a shot and voila!! It works perfectly!! So i d like to take the chance to say a very warm "thank you" to Omegadrive for his drivers. they are the only ones i ever had on my laptop and the only ones i ever will have. May you never stop making us happy, Omegadrive! Thank you very much!

With much appreciation,
    Whatsupdoc

16. CodyJell

CodyJell New Member

Install replacing newer files

I know you're supposed to uninstall/clean off your old drivers, but this time I just tried to install the new Omega drivers over the old ones. During installation, it said it was installing a couple of files that are older than the ones on my hard drive. Does the new installation contain older files?

Also, my assumption is that this installation doesn't contain the WDM drivers, right? So I just installed the drivers downloaded from ati.com. I assume this is OK?

17. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

You should always overwrite newer files with the ones provided, sometimes I use old files in sets to fix problems found in new files. Also, the is a link to the WDM drivers just below the mirrors, the link to the latest WDM is always there, is the same one as the one from the ATI site. ;)

18. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

For instance (the older file thing...), going from Omegadrive's 5.7 set to his 5.8 set I had one file that was older that I said yes to - meaning to allow it to overwrite the newer file that already existed on my hard drive with the older file from his driverset. Depending on the version you are moving from, you may have more, or less, files to confirm replacement of.

19. BWX

BWX get out and ride

ha, I didn't even realize that. I have a vivo chip now.. so I need that I suppose.

20. sslaytanic

sslaytanic New Member

so it's pretty much better not to do the driver cleaner method when installing OMEGAs over other OMEGAs?