Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.61 (Cat 5.8)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Soulja

Soulja Member

Hy there Omega i have been using your drivers ever since i got my hands on a Radeon 8500 back in 2002. Now im using Radeon 9800 PRO with your newest set of drivers based on cat 5.8 and its i think the first time i have spotetd some problems in your drivers. Curently Battlefield 2 is the only game i play and during gameplay i notice objects dissapearing, text becomes unreadable, soldiers are painted blue and its realy annoying because i dont have such problems with other drivers its just i want to use omegas :-( I tried to reinstall your drivers by the book several times i tried to erase Battlefield 2 cache but its the same. So i gues ill go back to original cats and wait for cat 5.9 to arrive and then when you relase modded 5.9 i hope i will be able to use omegas once more. Keep on the good work and know this that your work is realy appreciated by many computer enthusiast i must say that for me omega is seccond word for ati ;-)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  2. Muskogeee

Muskogeee New Member

Is this release supposed to include Catalyst Control Center? I don't recall your older drivers having it. I've used drivercleaner and reinstalled everything 3 times now and after installing your drivers and rebooting, CCC automatically installs itself. But the usual 3d control panel and tray tool icons are also there.

However, when I click on the ATI 3d Control Panel, all of the advanced options are gone, as pictured here:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/8174/properties3ac.jpg

I'm just wondering if its supposed to be like this, because I would much rather use your control panel than CCC.

3. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

I've not had to for years - literally. Only had to use DriverCleaner when I tried the DHZeroPoint driverset (going from Omegadrive's set to the DHZ set) then again when going back the Omegadrive sets recently. For me, it's been stable and reliable without having to uninstall the video driver.

That being said, I have made it a habit to uninstall whatever add on tweaker that Omegadrive has included in his sets over the past couple years before installing the next set - those being the Radlinker by ChrisW and the ATT by Ray Adams - both have added a lot of cool features.

The ATT in Omegadrive's last couple driverset versions has not offered an uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs listing or from the Start menu listing - but within the Radeon Omega Drivers folder (which is within the Program Files folder on the hard drive), there is an ATT folder which contains an uninstall executable file that removes the ATT from the computer - including the ATT folder itself and nearly every registry entry - it works well.

To answer your question directly, I would say, from experience, that it is not necessary to uninstall the previous Omegadriver video driver. Whether it is 'better' to clean the machine of the driverset before installing the next version is debatable. It depends on how stable your machine is to start with in both hardware and software, how much you do or do not enjoy fiddling with Windows and the internal settings of the drivers/tweakers/Windows, and knowing where those settings are stored so that you can determine whether those settings are going to be replaced by the next driver/tweaker set.

It can be simple, or complex - as you so choose...

4. saintzin

saintzin New Member

Hi, long time user first time poster. I love you guys DH, especially you Omega. You adds hundreds of dollars of performance to my machine.

Heres my problem:

I cant run any opengl based game (such as quake 3 engine), it gives an error upon starting that it cannot find the driver. Well, hmm, this doesnt make sense. The only fix is in the driver, so my research tells me. Any ideas? I can provide more info upon request, thank you!

AMD 3500 90nm 3500 o/c 300mhz up to 2.5ghz (passive cooling)
    X800 SE oc/ 125 core and mem, up to 525/525

XP Pro

Edit: FIXED! I put a personalized config into the Enemy Territory folder before I ever first ran the game. The config had a link to a file not yet created, so it would shutdown! I deleted the line and vha-la! Fixed!

Youre drivers are the best omega! NEVER had a prob (other than the sync'ing of control panel and ATT) and always DOUBLES my fps! I can run full AA and ANIS with at least 60 fps, before id be struggling to get 60 with perf settings.

Also, when you uninstall drivers, the ATT doesnt clear the reg settings, which one day may lead to issues. Just to let you know.

Thanks for the most kick ass, cheapest upgrade for any ATI owner!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  5. Viper-BERSERK

Viper-BERSERK New Member

MU Online still doesnt work at all with this drivers :(

6. acceleratum

acceleratum New Member

I only got 2 issues with the latest omega, firs on Counter Strike the icon above the head that shows when someones talkin its just a transparent square.. and on Anarchy-online the game crashes randomly and then it keeps crashing when i try to login that character, i change some video settings and im able to login after a couple tries but still i havent figured a 100% workaround to this crashes =| if anyone have a clue please help my bf2 is running great and i dont wnt to go back to old ones =D

7. JollyJack

JollyJack New Member

I got the same problem with my MR 9800 when I did a clean install. I had to remove everything and roll back to the 5.7 omegas then installed the new 2.6.61 on top of it. The only problem I now have is it is not displaying my clock settings correctly. I am getting -9223372036854665808 for both my gpu and memory.......

Any ideas?

Jack

8. brownstonemr

brownstonemr New Member

Run driver cleaner pro in safe mode and get rid of all the current ATI drivers.

Install the Omega 5.8's again and choose not for ATT's to start at startup. Once installed go to C:\Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers and uninstall ATI Tray Tools.

Download this older version of ATT and install it,

http://downloads.rojakpot.com/details.php?file=118

This version seems to run fine.

9. JollyJack

JollyJack New Member

That did it Thanks

10. westsidebud

westsidebud New Member

I'd like to know what benefits this will have over what i am already using..

i have an Ati Radeon 9600 Pro and am using the official cat 5.8 driver
    with Ati Tray tools 1.0.3.730.
    I basicly only play Counter-Strike / CSS and other valve games and
    the only other game i even have installed is GTA SA (no 1.01 patch)

So im curious if i should switch ? because it is kind of a pain in the butt..
    so what ya guys think ?

11. BWX

BWX get out and ride

If you are having no problems now, and your performance is up to par with what you think it should be... maybe wait till 5.9.. I am using these and although it was a little bumpy at first, everything seems pretty good now.

I think my problems maybe stem from needing to re-install windows though.. I upgraded from a 9700pro to an X800XL w/o reinstalling windows, and even though I use driver cleaner, I still think I need to start from scratch to avoid all the problems that could pop up.

12. kanko

kanko New Member

13. fibonaccov

fibonaccov New Member

ATI Overdrive

Just have a simple question - been a while since I upgraded Omega's on my system but am NOT seeing any 'Overdrive' tab or settings selections with this driver and my X850XT - is that expected?

Thanks.

14. falconwar

falconwar New Member

Finally installed Omega drivers and they rock with Battlefield2 and my Radeon x800 pro pci-e.

Dunno what Omega did but this game finnally run smooth.

Good job Omega and thanks for your hard work.

15. falconwar

falconwar New Member

Oops forgot to mention...

Neon coyboy said that EA need to fixe BF2 game but ATI still need to fix some issue too or hire Omega :)

On another side Neon is ok to ask a memory fix.

16. shimq1

shimq1 New Member

GTA:SA doesn't work after I install this.

17. MEABeemer

MEABeemer C-Groove StreetFighter

Exactly my idea!
    Take a few hours of your time in da weekend or so!
    It'll be VERY healty to your rig, believe me!
    Ya won't regret it and ya'll be happy ya did it!
    Happy gamin'!

C U L8R!!!

18. MEABeemer

MEABeemer C-Groove StreetFighter

It works for me!

C U L8R!!!

19. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I just did a complete re-installation a couple months ago-- but it will take me a lot longer than a few hours.. I have a lot of programs to re-install and configure. A lot of backing up to do to.. A lot of e-mail (OE) settings and identities.. email filters, mail rules, etc.. Not even sure how to export email rules yet. FTP program settings.. All kinds of crap.

It will solve a few problems though I am sure.

20. daemonevo

daemonevo c b k .

been using it since release, its been smooth, will test it out more later.