Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.205 (Cat 6.1)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well, I hope this is fast enough. :)

What's New in Omega Drivers?
    v3.8.205

[*] Based on the Catalyst 6.1 Official drivers.
    [+] Starting from this set, I will use my own version internally for the Catalyst drivers, instead of using 6.1, 6.2, etc, I will be naming them 6.01, 6.02, etc, this will make the Cat versions less confusing and more "logical".
    [*] Updated Multires to v1.56. (fixes the "non-supported" resolutions bug)
    [+] New version naming scheme for the Omega Drivers, now is based on the internal ATI version number than in the 2D Display version.

What's new for ATI Tray Tools?

[F] Fixed bug when ATT produce BSOD at start up on some motherboards like Asus P5WD2
    [*] Improved current 3D settings detection on new Catalyst installation
    [F] Fixed bug with wrong detection of current level of Adaptive AA.
    [+] "Save Icon Position" module now will save positions for each resolution you will use. Saved positions are incompatible between different resolutions.
    [+] Added new module in monitoring graphs. "Motherboard Resources". Now you can directly monitor temperatures, voltages on your motherboard! Big thanks to OverSoft team for SIO Engine plugin. Full supported sensors Winbond: W83627HF, W83637HF, W83627THF, W83782D, W83781D, W83697HF, W83627EHF ITE: IT8705F, IT8712F. Abit uGuru. Partially supported Winbond W83647HF, Asus AS99127F, Fintek F71872. This module in beta test stage.
    [+] Added support for custom FPS color in game profiles. Only for OpenGL/Direct3D8/Direct3D9 Games and applications. For old Direct3D and DirectX games (Direct3D7/6/5) custom FPS color will be used only if game will use 32 bits color format in rendering procedure.
    [*] Updated Core names database. Included information about R580, R600, RV370X, RV371, RV530 LE/SE/VE chips.
    [+] Added information about X1900 boards
    [*] Now Overclocking and Monitoring disabled by default for R5xx boards. Until I find more information about overclocking new ATI chips.
    [*] Now ATT will not update Monitoring Tray Icons if registered games is active.
    [*] Moved all overclocking procedures into Kernel mode driver.
    [*] Updated I2C procedures.
    [*] Updated OSD plugin "Motherboard resources". Added support for internal ATT Motherboard monitor sources.
    [*] Updated plugins API. Included functions to access internal Motherboard monitor information. Some function has been updated for OSD Plugins. Please refer to readme.txt in plugins folder. All third party runtime and OSD plugins with configuration procedures must be updated.
    [*] I2C Dump procedure now can be directly accessed in System Information module.
    [F] Fixed wrong CRT + TV detection in System Information module.
    [+] Updated texture LOD adjustment procedure. Now you can select positive value, which can increase performance, but in result of very bad quality.
    [+] Added support for HDTV modes in Display module.
    [*] Improved TV/Display module support under Windows XP 64
    [F] Fixed situation when ATT unable to properly detect supported display types
    [F] Fixed bug when ATT lockups in System Information module under Windows 64.
    [*] Updated ATT Shared Memory. Included information about free Video/Texture memory, current 3D api and System Memory used by game. Last two fields will be updated only if any 3D application is active and in FlashOSD interval.
    [*] Recreated color correction procedure. Now colors will be changed automatically on all available displays. Added support for color correction on X1300/X1600/X1800/X1900
    [*] Added option in Game Profiles to adjust interval in seconds in which ATT will check and update current colors in game. Default value is 10 seconds.
    [F] Fixed incorrect FPS color rendering for DirectX and old Direct3D games

Enjoy!

Download at my site.

2. SchwarzeFeen

SchwarzeFeen New Member

Downloading.... can't wait!

3. Zack

Zack New Member

Whats the actual differecne between ATIs and Omegas version? Any FPS increasement?

4. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

They're tweaked for better IQ, and you can use them on laptops without modification.

5. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Thanks for the quick release Omega. I will not be home for about another 10 days, but now I have something to do when I get home. Thanks for all your work bro!

6. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

still no X64 version.

omega when are you going to get x64 drivers out.
    some or modding groups are releaseing x32 aswell as x64...

atitraytools is x64 compatible, but your drivers aint.

7. Mangekyou_S

Mangekyou_S New Member

I had the same problem with the previous Omega 5.12 drivers as well as these new Omega 6.1 drivers:

Whenever I use dual displays with my TV in clone mode, I can no longer choose resolutions that are higher than my current desktop resolution. i.e. I select 1280x960 (on my 21" CRT) my Monitor resolution and after I exit the display properties and open it again, I can no longer choose any resolutions above that and I also lose all custom resolutions (i.e. 1280x768) below that res as well.

This only seems to happen in clone mode as this does not occur with extended desktop. This isn't really a big problem but I'm just wondering what could be causing it.

This is all on an X850XT AGP . . .

8. petri1

petri1 New Member

ok Omega No1
    i will give these some testing......hehehe
    and see what they go for

nice work as always

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm still downloading the 3DMark06, and just finished download the new MMC9.13.

Bunches of downloads today!!! :D

10. petri1

petri1 New Member

MMC9.13.....and this is what?

well i tryed 3Dmark 06 and was not supprised for the low score i got :mad:

11. Chaintech

Chaintech New Member

The best drivrs [​IMG]

12. Callisto

Callisto New Member

Thankyou :D! Been waiting for a new release.

13. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

Thank You Omega!

14. Rumble

Rumble New Member

3D Accelerator Mirror
    http://www.3dacc.net/page.php?id=2243

btw omega during my first attempt to download the driver the procedure canceled did you changed the file or something if you did then i have hopefully uploaded the right file.

15. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

thx omega,but man i wish these would have been released about one hour earlier.im not bitching but i just got done installing the official drivers without that .bill crap and using the newer att.all is well and dont want to do it again today unless there are some performance gains other than the standard.i think my card is just about maxed on its capabilities anyhow.how come you dont post a small worklog like once every two weeks or something so we know approximately when the release date is.i hope i worded that right so people dont get offended.i appreciate all the hard work you put into YOUR project and i know you could stop whenever you want but the last update two your site was 12-09-05 until this release.thx again

16. KiwiRed

KiwiRed New Member

Well, after a good half-hour of trying to get my machine to post (finally did, but had me worried for a while - and thank heavens for VGA mode) after installing the drivers and trying to get Smartgart to set the agp to 4x (my retarded Gigabyte 9550 refuses to work reliably at 8x) i'm going to give the CCC-laden official drivers another chance.

It's probably my vid card and configuration at fault, but i'm not impressed at the substantial nature of the failure on my machine.

17. Caze

Caze Member

After some quick testing I couldn't notice any difference in performance on my laptop or desktop computer. Nice release once again.

18. Ulric

Ulric New Member

These modded drivers aren't worth the hype their floating on. In fact, I am going to switch to the standard ATI drivers + ATI Tray Tools until I can get my beloved NVIDIA system going. I recommend you do the same.

19. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

what a waste of installing the catalyst drivers, these make sure my system is stable always

20. 1Bad

1Bad New Member

I have downloaded the last 2 versions of omega drivers and had problems with both. These problems are only recent, as in since he has started using net framework 1.1 . I really would like these drivers to work as I have been using them for many years. I run a Fujitsu N 5010 laptop, Mobility Radeon 9600 64mb. The problems I experience are flashes on the screen of different colors, while playing battlefield 2. The last release that doesnt do this was 2 releases ago, the release before net framework 1.1 was used. Does anyone know where I can report these problems to?