Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.330 (Cat 7.1)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jan 14, 2007.

1. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

vivo drivers need to be installed to get rid of the unknown device.

Do I understand you when you say you installed the legit version, meaning the official release, and then you installed the Omegas over the top of that install?

2. suhi-R

suhi-R New Member

yes i installed the original windows xp and omega drivers. is that a problem? well i saved the problem by uninstalling the omega and installed the original drivers +ati tray tool. didnt have time to play with thanks for help anyway.

3. ciaraldi

ciaraldi New Member

I have a problem with the cursor on my IBM Thinkpad T41, which has 1GB RAM, 1.7 GHz Penium M, 100 GB HD, and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 AGP. Windows XP SP2 with all the latest patches.

Everything works fine with the standard ATI drivers, and has worked in the past with the Omega drivers. I installed Omega 3.8.330 a few weeks ago. Things start out OK, but if I unplug the power supply and the system switches to battery power, the desktop cursor gets weird. It turns into two thick horizontal black bars, one above the other. Together they are about three times as wide and three times as high as the regular arrow cursor. When I plug in the AC again, the cursor does not fix itself. Also, if I boot up under battery power it is OK. The problem only occurs when moving from AC to battery.

I have switched back to the latest driver from ATI and it is working OK. Any ideas?

4. Sonata

Sonata New Member

action: dreams that Omega drivers would be released to support 64 bit XP and 64 bit Vista.

5. Davva Mak

Davva Mak New Member

from Omega's site ;)

6. teddib

teddib New Member

Google Earth and DirectX mode

:wtf: I have installed and uninstalled the new Omega Radeon driver as a result of an inability to use DirectX mode with Google Earth. The Open GL mode is really lame (or my settings are lame). In any case, if you do a general Google search it states that Omega drivers are not compatible with Google Earth. My guess is that there are settings that would allow things to function but I have no idea what they are. A lot of guessing has gotten me no where. Does anyone know how to get the new Omega Radeon driver to work with Google Earth?

Thanks,
    Tom

7. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Well, I don't know who the hell is talking, but I just downloaded and tested Google Earth in D3D, works perfect! If D3D is working fine with games, why it would not work with this? ;)

8. teddib

teddib New Member

Radeon Omega drivers are known to be a problem for Google Earth

:D I guess it is me the hell that is talking (Tom). All I know is that if you go to the Google Earth site it states that Omega Drivers are known to behave erratically and crash often when combined with Google Earth and that they are not supported. I can say for me that this new version 3.8 in 3D mode and in Open GL mode it works poorly. It may be some kind of settings is my guess but I am not a geek. The Google Earth message that comes up is that it is not able to enter DirectX mode. It suggests you look as settings like True color. I have the maximum colors in my laptop mode. An alternative is to install a new graphics card but that is not possible on this Dell laptop.

I would appreciate any respectful help one can offer.

Tom

9. teddib

teddib New Member

Maybe some info on my configuration would help:

Running on a Dell Smartstep 250 N (not so smart after all)
    Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM
    Windows XP Home, SP2
    Mobility Radeon Graphics adapter with 32 Mb RAM

Tom

10. Zen

Zen New Member

HI I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WOULD HELP ME TO MENTION THIS IN THIS FORUM BUT I HAVE A SONY PCG-K35
    And I just got WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE MY PROBLEMS WITH MY VIDEO CARD STEM BACK TO SOME TIME AGO WHEN I WAS TURNING BACK TIME IN THE CONTROL PANEL AND I AM NOT EVEN SURE IF IT WAS THAT BUT I KNOW THAT SHURLY AFTER THAT IT SHRUNK NOW WHEN EVER I INSTALL A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM (OS) THE IMAGE IS SHRUNK TO A VERY SMALL SIZE AND THE MAXIMUM RESOLUTION AFTER INSTALLING OS GETS IT TO A RELEATIVLY BIGGER SIZE 1024X768 WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM OF TWO CHOISES OF 800X640 AND 1024X768 BUT IT STILL IS NOT SATISFACTORY THIER IS STILL 2 INCHES OFF OF EACH SIDE THAT ARE NOTHING JUST BLACK. THE THING IS THAT I'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MY SONY LAPTOP FOR A YEAR SINCE IT'S PURCHASE IT BUT I KNOW THAT AFTER SOME SEARCHING AND COMPLAINING TO SONY THEY THE SONY COMPANY DIDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE>?!!! I HAD MY COUSIN FROM EUROPE SOLVE THE PROBLEM IN 2 SECONDS WHEN IN THE OS HE USED A DRIVER OF ATI THAT I HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND ON LINE EVEN AT THE ATI WEB SITE WITH AN EASY INSTALL OF RADEON 9200_IGP 345 WHICH I HADN'T AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH CAVE I BEEN UNDER BUT THE PROBLEM IS BACK AGAIN IT STARTS WHEN IT IS BOOT FROM BEGGING AND IT'S GIVING A CHANCE AT THE BEGING OF THE BLACK SCREEN THE THING IS IT'S OBVIOUS THE TROUBLE STEMS FROM THE START WHICH IS WHEN THE BLINKER AND IF YOU DON'T UNDRESTAND WHAT I MEAN PLEASE DO ASK BUT AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED IN THE BLACK AT A SHUNKEN STATE LIKE I SAID MY COUSIN FIXED IT AFTER WHEN THE OS WAS BOOT HE INSTALLED THE RADEON DRIVER.
    BUT THE SITUATION IS STILL THE SAME THE BEGGING OF THE INSTALLATION OF VISTA ULTIMATE IS STILL A SHRUNKEN SCREEN AND STATE UNTILL YOU ARE FININSHED AND YOU LOAD THE OS THEN YOU GO INTO THE CONTROL PANEL AND PICK RESOLUTIONG TO THE MAXIMUM OF IT WILL GO 1024X768 NOW NOT I AM LOOKING FOR THE CORRECT DRIVER AND I HEAR THAT MY DRIVER WHICH MY COUSIN GAVE ME AND WHICH FIXED THE WINDOWS XP (RADEON 9200_IGP 345) ON THE NET IS MENTIONED TO BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW VISTA BUT FUNNY ENOUGH I EVEN THOUGH I STILL GOT IT TO WORK LIKE PERFECT FULL SCREEN COMPLETLY COVERED WAS ON THE NEW ULTIMATE THE FIRST TIME I INSTALLED IT THE THING IS THAT THIS WAS NOT EVEN THE PROB INFACT: THE OPPOSITE, WHEN I HAD WINDOWS VISTA BETA INSTALLED ON THE SAME SONY PCG-K35 LAPTOP COMP, IT WOULD GO TO MAXIMUM RESOLUTION OF 1600X768 WHEN IT WAS ON 32BIT COLOR AND IT WOULD TAKE LIKE MAXIMUM OF 150MB OF RAM OF WHEN I HAD ONLY 512 INSTALLED AND I HAD NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER HENCE IT WOULD WORK OUT WITH MY DRIVER BUT NOW I AM TYPING ON SMALL SCREEN AT MAXIMUM RESOLUTION WITH 702MB OF RAM AS I EXPANDED AND PAID FOR VISTA ULTIMATE BUT I WOULDN'T MIND, IF IT TOOK EVEN SOME OF MY PHYSICAL RAM SO I COULD HAVE BETTER RESOLUTON SO I COULD EXSIST LIKE A HUMAN THE THING IS IT WORKED BEFORE SO IT CAN WORK AGAIN WITH I CAN'T REMMEMBER A 9500 DRIVER AND THE 9200_IGP 345 TOGATHER THEY HAVE WORKED BEFORE ON VISTA SO NOW I WANT A DRIVER THAT CAN WORK EVERY TIME, VISTA REINSTALLED OR NOT AND A GOOD RESOLUTION EVEN 1024 OR EVEN 800 AS LONG AS IT COVERS THE WHOLE SCREEN IF YOU KNOW MY PROB AND TROUB LET ME KNOW PLEASE UNDER THE OS IT CAN WORK BUT BEFORE AT THE BLACK SCREEN THAT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE FOR EXAMPLE ON A MAC IT WOULDN'T BE OR WHERE THE HAPPY SCREEN BASICALLY WHERE THE DOS PROMPT IS IS WHERE THE TROB AND PROB IS.:duh:

11. teddib

teddib New Member

Wow is that weird!

:eek: That last message was really weird! I am not sure of the relevance.

Tom

12. Omegadrive

That's all I read and that's how much I will read, please learn to post with no caps and maybe we can help.

There is your problem, is a laptop, I can't guarantee full compatibility there, sorry.

13. teddib

teddib New Member

I am not aware of a no cap requirement for posting. New to me.

Your reply is not helpful to me. I assume that there are settings on a laptop just like there are on a desktop. Are there no specific settings that might work?

In any case, given your statement. I would be beneficial for the computing community if you would explain that the Omega drivers have certain required equipment and that laptops are not supported. Without this information, I have wasted signficant time and energy trying to use these drivers.

14. Omegadrive

Let me try to explain:
    There are thousands of different laptops in the market today and all of them have different hardware, specifications, configurations, there is NO WAY a single set of drivers will work on all of them perfectly. You see, each manufacturer custom builds their hardware, being that way, if for example I add a feature/tweak to the drivers, it may work on your laptop, but it may break support for 90% of the other laptops, so the only way is to keep support at bare minimum, that is, only supporting all the resolutions available for all laptops and making sure the drivers install, that's it.

And no, the drivers doesn't have "certain" requirements to work, they are made to work on any video chipset that says "Radeon" on it, but the final word on support is from ATI, they are the ones that develop the drivers, if they don't want certain cards to work with the drivers (like they did recently, dropping support for the 9250 and lower cards) they just remove the code from the drivers and that's it, no matter what I do, I can't magically add that support again. The ATI drivers are made with desktop chipsets in mind with a secondary support for laptops (someone from ATI correct me if I'm wrong), so as I said, I can't support what is not already supported by the original drivers themselves, sorry.

15. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Before things get out of hand here, I'd suggest you do a Google search for "Netiquette". Posting in all CAPS has been known for a long time to be considered rude and 'shouting' when posting in forums. It's one of the first things I learned many years ago.

Also, when posting a problem such as yours, it's ALWAYS (CAPS used for emphasis) wise to post your system specs. Could have saved you a lot of time from the gitgo if you had.

Cheers and I hope you get the problem resolved. Keep in mind that Omega's and other 3rd party drivers are made based on the official drivers. So, they should not be expected to provide support for hardware that is not officially supported by the vendor. Many laptop makers have opted not to sign on to the official certification process.

Good luck!

Here's an article you might want to check out regarding the ALL CAPS issue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

16. EmmJay

EmmJay New Member

Problems with Omega Drivers

Hi there!

First of all, thanks for the great work and effort you must have put into the Omega Drivers. I used them with my Samsung P35-Notebook without ever having a problem. Llast week I got myself a new Notebook, Samsungs X60-Pro (Mobile Radeon X1700), with a native resolution of 1680x1050. And so far the Omega Drivers never let me down, so I've installed them this time, too.

Now, I'm experiencing a problem everytime I quit a game that uses a resolution smaller than the native one. For example, I've set Command&Conquer 3 in the games menu to run at 1200x800, which looks and feels just fine. However, when I quit the game, the Desktop remains at the chosen resolution 1200x800. And, additionally, as soon as I try to set the higher resolution via right-clicking on the Desktop >> Properties, I have to restart in order for the changes to have effect. After the restart, however, I can toy around with other resolutions without having to restart -- as long as I don't start another game.

Did I do something wrong while installing the drivers?

Thanks for your help!

EmmJay

17. Omegadrive

Try re-installing the drivers (on top, don't uninstall), maybe something got messed up in the original install, also, close ATT (if it is running) before starting the game, see if that helps.

18. thegoldenstrand

thegoldenstrand New Member

When will Christain programmers put Jesus ahead of Microsoft?

Hi,

While the possibility of Bill Gates or Microsoft being evil, appears far fetched to many.. just in case.. what do you do, how do you think? The following link is to a site set up back in 1998 or so.. not updated since, yet gets a few hits on google.. since then with DMCA, with Microsofts growing control over hardware... it seems to me the originator of this site might have been on to something.

http://egomania.nu/gates.html

Why write drivers for Vista before Linux?

Omega, and others... sure hope you can find a way to get better drivers for Ati with CCC now available for linux and for nVidia now that you have that laptop... I like to use linux for surfing the web, XP for business and gaming.. anyway to get the ati video cards to display at true 1080P for 2D in linux?? I have found my goal of accomplishing this simple feat ellusive.. I am trying to learn linux, using Puppy Linux.

Mike

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  19. Omegadrive

You answered yourself, I optimize drivers for gaming, not for web surfing and since the next gaming platform will be Vista (according to M$, I still don't like Vista, is a resource hog and I keep using XP), those are my next target. :)
    As for the Nvidia drivers, those will come WAY later since not even nvidia has stable/good drivers for Vista, so I must wait till they get their priorities straight, but the XP ones I will start working on as soon as this stupid Vista OS wants to cooperate and let me finish the ATI drivers. :p

20. practisevoodoo

practisevoodoo New Member

Does anyone know why I can't change resolution without a restart when using the latest omegas? I have ticked the change rez without restart option.