Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.413 (Cat 7.9.1)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Oct 1, 2007.

1. JohnDoe47

JohnDoe47 New Member

Sent you card ID for my X1950PRO AGP.

Cheers, Nick.

2. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re-Install on top and make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed.

3. tekthrawn

tekthrawn New Member

Will do

Also found this in System Event Log

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ati2mtag
    Event Category: CRT
    Event ID: 45062
    Date: 10/2/2007
    Time: 3:39:30 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: Computer
    Description:
    CRT invalid display type
    Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
    0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0 ,....°.À
    0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Using a Samsung SyncMaster 240T via VGA since DVI won't do 1920x1200

4. Omegadrive

Before re-installing, try deleting your current Monitor from Device Manager, re-install and after restart Windows should recognize the LCD again.

5. tekthrawn

tekthrawn New Member

No dice..

Just updated chipset drivers, gonna reinstall again..

Edit: Nope, 3x of the System event log error after restart and same dxdiag errors. Rollback for me?

Edit2: Downloading the 3.8.360 drivers... Which work perfect...

Anything else you want me to try with the new ones? I'd like to use those obviously :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  6. Scythe

Scythe New Member

Sent you my video card device id info.

Cheers and thanks again!

7. cox

cox Active Member

there is something "fishy" about these drivers, they wont install on Saphire x1600, I had to revert to the last omega version---
    I tried to intall them in all posssible ways over 1hour- nothing.. nevertheless thank you for the effort

8. Omegadrive

Sorry to hear you could not install them, What error you get when you try to install? Does the ATI 7.9 Hotfix drivers do the same?

I only did 1 major change from my previous release thou, I re-did all the resolutions from scratch in order to support new modes, but I don't think that change could be causing it. Heck, just to test this wouldn't have any problems I did a fresh install of windows and the drivers, all working perfectly.

9. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Works perfectly so far with my Powercolor X850XT PE.

The stock ATI 7.9 locked everything up, this hasn't caused any problems so far.

No real performance gain from ATI 7.8 though, not as far as I can tell. The 7.9's did show a bit of an increase up until they locked up.

10. Mole1995

Mole1995 New Member

Refresh rates removed?

Only 60 Hz available at 1440x900 on a SyncMaster 941 tft and x1900xt, whereas 75 Hz was available at that resolution with the previous Omegas. I don't notice any difference, tho.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  11. Ruckus84

Ruckus84 New Member

Congrats to all AMD users.

Omega I hope you decide to return to modding Nvidia drivers again. Frankly there just anyone out there that does a good job. TweakForce just uses Laptopvideo2go's INF. And ngohq are good if your card is supported at those resolutions, kind of hit and miss.

Well, nice to see you back to modding drivers again.

12. s@NDM@n

s@NDM@n New Member

Sweeet. Regular Catalyst drivers don't work on my laptop, Acer Aspire 1690, Mobility Radeon X700 Celeron 1.7 w 1GB RAM. Acer haven't released new drivers since I bought it 2 and a half years ago and I couldn't run HL2 until I found these Omega Drivers, so I just wanna say thanks for the hard work. I just have a little question; My screen is a 15.4" 'widescreen' with a desktop resolution of 1280x800; when I play games the image doesn't stretch to fill the width of the screen, so I end up with black bars either side (I usually use 1024x768 in games). I tried the scale image to panel size option but this doesn't do anything, screen goes black for a second and then comes up the same as before. So I go in and look again and it's unchecked again. Am I missing something? Cheers... :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  13. BirdDog

BirdDog New Member

Thanx for you hard work, have sent you my card's ID

14. [Cyanide]

[Cyanide] New Member

I just registered to post here specifically, I'm having problems with the installation of these drivers.

First off it wouldn't install the display drivers specifically, after I rebooted it was still in default VGA mode.

Secondly, I don't get all the nice tabs in Display Properties either, so I can't change my 3D settings etc.

Third, like a previous poster mentioned earlier I only get 60hz as an option. I know my monitors can do 75hz. I have two 19" Samsung 940bw's.

I'm rolling back to the v3.8.360 drivers for now until this gets sorted.

15. cscroop

cscroop New Member

<>

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  16. dogs0ldier

dogs0ldier New Member

I was curious whether to try these with my x1950pro agp or not because i put the stock 7.9 on before i read about the problem ati said may or may not occur and they seemed fine with no errors whatsoever.

17. Cyper

Cyper New Member

The Direct3D problem has something to do with the 7.9 ati drivers. Using a 9800 pro I can go from working perfectly 7.8 drivers then once I install the 7.9's I have some huge problems, mostly with Direct3D just not working at all. Reverting back to 7.8 works again for me. I'm going to give these new Omega drivers a try and see if they do the same thing, however I think that they will since someone else is posting about it already.

And no it's not my 9800 pro, this same problem was happening on other cards from reading multiple forum posts.

Would be nice to see this get fixed. Anyhow installing them now, will post again once I got them in.

EDIT: These drivers have seem to fix my problem, my Direct3D works fine now. Where anything above 7.8 would not. I tried them all, 7.9, 7.9 hotfix, and the 8.whatevers betas, all made my Direct3D just completely stop working. Very nice work Omega.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, when installing these drivers I set BIOS defaults, which is why everything worked fine. After I saw everything worked, I set up everything like I had it before, and then it started the Broken Direct3D thing again. I then again set everything to default again and started upping things one at a time. It has something to do with overclocking the CPU.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  18. Octopuss

Octopuss New Member

I got Sapphire x1650Pro card and the drivers won't install. Everything goes fine, I reboot, but after that it looks like nothing installed at all. I still have the default driver-less VGA adapter and the other one in device manager. What gives?

19. cscroop

cscroop New Member

<>

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  20. Octopuss

Octopuss New Member

Oh I misread. Ok will try. But I guess I can wait for Omega to add it :) I only wonder why such older card isn't supported at all :)